OPC Astra

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=43814.msg505823#msg505823 date=1423062696]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=43814.msg505820#msg505820 date=1423061207]
wouldn't believe that weight, more like 1400kg with fluids etc...
even if that is correct for Astra you now have 192bhp per tonne, for the B4 you have 186bhp per tonne( Rev d on are even lighter with aluminium doors and bonnet)...take into account we already know the B4 is quicker to 60 with AWD, so has already over come most of the initial weight and inertia getting to 60, the Astra is not going to pass it..then when you hit a corner and on exit the Astra spins away half its power.
I know you had both cars, but I don't know what your B4 was like.
[/quote]
Tell you what...get a standard b4.... Gimme a shout.. And lets see what happens
[/quote]

I said remapped..standard B4 would struggle to put out 250

I had a standard b4 bl5 and I made a show of a 280-300 bhp opc you think there something there not you obviously haven't a clue about proper performance cars in your little hairdresser car lads above said about them been crap to handle you said no yours is fine there making good valid points about them and no you can't accept that they ain't as good as other cars, not a hope your opc would have a chance against a b4 it's a fact and I'd love to see your opc keep up with my foz a jeep at that

That's uncalled for...theres absolutely no need to be getting aggressive or nasty. I'm just voicing my opinon and experience with my opc that's all..my personal opinion and how I've got on with that car. Is your forester an older 97 one around south tipp?

Not been aggressive or nasty sorry if I came a cross that way nope 05 Dublin area not to be smart but no doubt the opc ain't a good car just anything anyone says your like no not my opc I was just voicing my opinion also

[quote author=stel94 link=topic=43814.msg505829#msg505829 date=1423067496]
Not been aggressive or nasty sorry if I came a cross that way nope 05 Dublin area not to be smart but no doubt the opc ain't a good car just anything anyone says your like no not my opc I was just voicing my opinion also
[/quote]
I never said not my opc....all I've said is I've never experienced what's been mentioned with my opc....read what I have said....slowly and carefully....absorbe it...and carefully construct your reply.

No need to get smart scrawnban . Stel94 gave his reply. But like everyone else your car is not the same or have any of the problems mentioned by everyone else . So everyone else must be wrong . But your intitled to your opinion like everyone else :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=43814.msg505842#msg505842 date=1423072130]
No need to get smart scrawnban . Stel94 gave his reply. But like everyone else your car is not the same or have any of the problems mentioned by everyone else . So everyone else must be wrong . But your intitled to your opinion like everyone else [emoji106]
[/quote]
Again I'm not saying anyone is wrong and I'm not being smart either.

[quote ..read what I have said....slowly and carefully....absorbe it...and carefully construct your reply.
[/quote]

Above is being smart slowly and carefully absorbe it No need for replys like that :thumbsup: it's all just a matter of opinion :thumbsup:

Its always hard to discuss a non scooby FWD car that jeremy clarkson has slated as being fast or even good, initial thread wasnt about 0-60 times or whats better any subaru or a opc astra its if its a good car.

If its a dick measuring contest or dyno chasing non usable bhp then thats one argument, Iv had a remapped 01 legacy b4 330+bhp animal quick used to beat stis on its day but thats not what im after the car was returning sub 20mpg and wasnt insured as a modded b4rsk. Was a non turbo ect ect

I could get another one but was interested in some european FWD speed.

Again i appreciate the enthusiasm boys

had an opc astra in today for a new turbo, was mapped in uk I believe, horror of a thing to drive, torque steer was terrible. Worse ive ever driven and I served my time fixing alfa 147 Gta's and they were bad ha.

Id be steering for a golf gti, mate mine has an 06 one, reall nice all rounder, and hold there value well.

Your bang on lar [emoji106]

Good post

Mate that I sold one to [emoji16] drove mine stock (blob wrx) When I got it couldn't beleve how well behaved it was how well it put it's power down and how it soaked up the bumps and didn't try to break your arms (and understeer into a ditch) under power

Next vxr/opc astra a total diff weapon did 2 track days in one absolute monster proper mechanical diff up front and 280 bhp brakes turns in tightens it's line proplery under power savage car.

Here the seriously Tallanted journo Richard Meaden showing the new Vxr giving the Focus St a 2.5 sec thumping round a short lap

Proves the Vxr/Opc brand isn't asleep it's learning from the mk1 vxr astra

Ford Focus ST v Vauxhall Astra VXR | evo TRACK BATTLE: http://youtu.be/sTdHQZohOZA

new one is torque restricted in earlier gears along with a knuckle diff...as you say Ciaran it is a direct response to the flaw of the previous model.

[quote author=DaveSleggy link=topic=43814.msg505849#msg505849 date=1423073529]
Its always hard to discuss a non scooby FWD car that jeremy clarkson has slated as being fast or even good, initial thread wasnt about 0-60 times or whats better any subaru or a opc astra its if its a good car.

If its a dick measuring contest or dyno chasing non usable bhp then thats one argument, Iv had a remapped 01 legacy b4 330+bhp animal quick used to beat stis on its day but thats not what im after the car was returning sub 20mpg and wasnt insured as a modded b4rsk. Was a non turbo ect ect

I could get another one but was interested in some european FWD speed.

Again i appreciate the enthusiasm boys
[/quote]

Fair point horrible on the juice it must be said.

While we are on the subject of Vxrs that get it right

Over all the track days the most impressive and completely over looked hot hatch (at least here in the uk there's a huge very loyal following) is the corsa vxr stock one very very good (designed to be a vxr product from the start unlike the mk1 vxr astra)
Drove the Nurburgring Edition too savage tool (mechanical diff Bilsteen shocks 225bhp).

Didn't drive this lower powered club sport but there's evo mag showing a Vxr giving Renault Sport a bloody nose

If you found a Opc corsa for the right money (unlikely as they were stupid money here new)

I really recommend trying one

Renault Clio 200 Turbo vs Vauxhall Corsa VXR Clubsport | evo TRACK BATTLE: http://youtu.be/20MxScd4eLY

Do you work for GM? any experience with the Insignia VXr? like the look of them and apparently they will make 360 safely on standard drivetrain..is that right?

Used to Work For a Opel Dealer and was at all the Vxr Launches till 2008 so that's where my Knolage comes from.

Yes know the Insignia vxr well very nice road car but boring to drive on the track unless the track was wet and fast had some big numbers by the end of Thruxton Circuit in them [emoji16]

Brakes really didn't enjoy hot laping as she's a heavy car

so 325 bhp stock yes a remap can easily liberate more

I think a s4 be a better fast saloon though unless a great deal was to be had on one

In the last pic you can see my big mush hunting the big insignia down on the infield section of Rockingham in the Corsa took the race corsa too [emoji4]
6be45db76ecc336c07295cdd25cec00a.jpg
2c836160f28a66cc08718685d2dd0280.jpg
38e58d932aaede934a713a6458915e51.jpg

I recently bought an OPC Astra and must say its a great car! Before purchasing it was undecided between the MK5 golf GTi and the OPC so I went and drove a good few! The golf just seemed boring compared to the OPC! I'm running 19's and its fine! A good set of tires is needed up front and away you go! The option of the sport button is excellent too! I drive an OPC with milteck exhaust and fook me the thing was popping and banging all over the place but it's not what I was looking for at the time! Mpg is great, there super smooth and great fun!

Go drive a few, it's the only way you'll know weather you like them or not!

[quote author=daveR link=topic=43814.msg506652#msg506652 date=1423515883]
I recently bought an OPC Astra and must say its a great car! Before purchasing it was undecided between the MK5 golf GTi and the OPC so I went and drove a good few! The golf just seemed boring compared to the OPC! I'm running 19's and its fine! A good set of tires is needed up front and away you go! The option of the sport button is excellent too! I drive an OPC with milteck exhaust and fook me the thing was popping and banging all over the place but it's not what I was looking for at the time! Mpg is great, there super smooth and great fun!

Go drive a few, it's the only way you'll know weather you like them or not!
[/quote]
Here here brother here here

Back