OPC Astra

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=43814.msg505026#msg505026 date=1422542751]
[quote author=DaveSleggy link=topic=43814.msg505023#msg505023 date=1422542359]
heers scrawnban i think i may take you up on that offer, i heard the electric power steering can be a love it or hate it kinda thing, does it take much feel out of it?

And yeah i respect gtis for what they are, but golf drivers (not all of them, in case i offend) tend to be a pain in my arse, and yeah mark IV and Vs are like rats around the country.

Yeah i wasnt sure about the seats the old ones were audis and new ones are golfs but just cheaper builds??
[/quote]
I've the half leather recaros in my one and I find them very good. Ya being honest about the steering it can be. But just hit the sport button and it's like day and night being honest
[/quote]

Did you sell yours in the end man?

No lad. Got my head absolutely melted with done deal swap warriors and time wasters and got to busy in work from the middle of November so took her off the market. But If I get the right offer I will sell her.

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=43814.msg505107#msg505107 date=1422572123]
No lad. Got my head absolutely melted with done deal swap warriors and time wasters and got to busy in work from the middle of November so took her off the market. But If I get the right offer I will sell her.
[/quote]

Ah the curse of donedeal state blatently in the ad no swaps and all you get is offers of diesel shitboxes!

Well i would say i will be in the market for one in the near future and i would much prefer to get one from one of the lads on here rather than some donedeal cowboy!

[quote author=DaveSleggy link=topic=43814.msg505109#msg505109 date=1422572443]
[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=43814.msg505107#msg505107 date=1422572123]
[/quote]

Ah the curse of donedeal state blatently in the ad no swaps and all you get is offers of diesel shitboxes!

Well i would say i will be in the market for one in the near future and i would much prefer to get one from one of the lads on here rather than some donedeal cowboy!
[/quote]
No worries...gimme a shout

I drove 2 mark V gti's. A manual and a dsg, nice cars but no wow factor. If I was you I would disregard the golf :thumbsup:

Out of the three cars I would recommend the focus st they are an excellent car very reliable, handling is brilliant the power might be down slightly under the opc but the volvo 5 cylinder is hugely tuneable there car loads of simple mods to release the power from them, and at the end of the day it's a ford so parts are cheap only downside is the high tax second choice would be the golf and lastly the opc they are horrible to handle very disconnected feeling to them

wagon dec

[quote author=WAGON DEC... link=topic=43814.msg505135#msg505135 date=1422611348]
Out of the three cars I would recommend the focus st they are an excellent car very reliable, handling is brilliant the power might be down slightly under the opc but the volvo 5 cylinder is hugely tuneable there car loads of simple mods to release the power from them, and at the end of the day it's a ford so parts are cheap only downside is the high tax second choice would be the golf and lastly the opc they are horrible to handle very disconnected feeling to them

wagon dec
[/quote]
I totally disagree with that. I have my opc well over 18 months now and it's a great handling motor and I've had some very hardcore cars over the year.

And you are entitled to your opinions based on that fact but in my opinion they are a pig ????

wagon dec

[quote author=WAGON DEC... link=topic=43814.msg505137#msg505137 date=1422611527]
And you are entitled to your opinions based on that fact but in my opinion they are a pig ????

wagon dec
[/quote]
Based on what? Owning one? Driving one? Parts and servicing are very reasonable to.

Ye parts and servicing and running costs are reasonable thats true I would agree with you there but they handle horribly iv driven 4-5 of them in different states of tune, standard,mapped, suspension mods etc and I just don't see the appeal of them at all steering is horrible and I wouldn't trust one of them on a b road blast that's just my opinion on them I'm not saying I'm right or wrong it's just my own experiences with them

wagon dec

Hi dave

I owned one for about a year, great fun car starting off but after the honey period of owning it was gone and it was business time it was a ball of crap for handling. Dec is right I would not trust it at all in any corner let alone a B road.

Torque steer is crazy even on dry roads and good tires I put on it. Don't even bother with the sport mode button because even doe its a totally different car with more power etc, the car is not capable of doing.

I was going to remap it to help this but other than it been a nice looking car imo it didn't tick any boxes for me.

Gearbox in them give trouble also so watch out for this its a major problem.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit but don't take my word for it go test drive a few.

I would go for a focus all day, great handling and a better looking car.

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=43814.msg505147#msg505147 date=1422619120]
Hi dave

I owned one for about a year, great fun car starting off but after the honey period of owning it was gone and it was business time it was a ball of crap for handling. Dec is right I would not trust it at all in any corner let alone a B road.

Torque steer is crazy even on dry roads and good tires I put on it. Don't even bother with the sport mode button because even doe its a totally different car with more power etc, the car is not capable of doing.

I was going to remap it to help this but other than it been a nice looking car imo it didn't tick any boxes for me.

Gearbox in them give trouble also so watch out for this its a major problem.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit but don't take my word for it go test drive a few.

I would go for a focus all day, great handling and a better looking car.
[/quote]
Again I totally disagree with all that. I've no torque steer issues at all. She's totally planted up a b road. I've had some serious craic with her. I will admit the rear is a little lose but I've had the completely opposite experience to ye.

This is laughable there me that sold opel as a main dealer for 5 years sold 7 and ran one as my demo for 6 months have driven one on uk race tracks Thruxton,brands twice ,knockhill twice telling you they have a major handleing problem

Then dec that's acomplished track driver and Ford mechanic for years

And keith that had one for a year all saying the same thing

What's going on here [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=43814.msg505155#msg505155 date=1422625617]
This is laughable there me that sold opel as a main dealer for 5 years sold 7 and ran one as my demo for 6 months have driven one on uk race tracks Thruxton,brands twice ,knockhill twice telling you they have a major handleing problem

Then dec that's acomplished track driver and Ford mechanic for years

And keith that had one for a year all saying the same thing

What's going on here [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]
[/quote]
I own one....I have zero handling issues with mine...but then again I haven't had mine on track and we all know track is completely different ball game to the road.

Lads it's like with women everyone has different tastes what I think isn't necessarily what anyone else thinks and the same with what ye think, that's why dealers can sell different products because someone will think it's good sure if everyone had my taste ye would all be driving subaru wagons and fords for the daily runner :) we can just agree to disagree on the opc ashtray :) :)

wagon dec

Never a truer word spoken dec

Like Scoobysubs fetish for viki

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422651448186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422651448186.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422651448186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422651448186.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 10
I love the enthusiasm lads and cheers for the input.

It really is different strokes for different folks, sure theres even lads out there who love A4 1.9 tdis and put chicken wire on them and rs4 badges, theyre the real problem.

Il sit here all day discussing/arguing about proper cars all day ha

Don't even get me started on the 1.9 tdi Rs4s[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji109]

As above good post man [emoji106]

Back