Wtb: Foz/Legacy/Impreza

That thread on a Black STi

It's not 2015 its 2021 so it's really irrelevant what the person before you pays for a car so your winding yourself up worrying about such things surely ?,

Or if someone has turned a car a few times and made a few quid on it well that's up to the person buying.These cars were not easy to sell then and if a lad needed out cash was king,but that is not the current climate

The person who bought my house paid 20k for it and I paid far more than that,but it had no bearing on what I paid for it when I bought it,I bought the best house I could with the budget I had.

Sierra Cosworths used to be 5k its how it goes,there was once a 22B on gumtree for 22k euro,getting in early is key,that day has past.

That thread on a Black STi

It's not 2015 its 2021 so it's really irrelevant what the person before you pays for a car so your winding yourself up worrying about such things surely ?,

Or if someone has turned a car a few times and made a few quid on it well that's up to the person buying.These cars were not easy to sell then and if a lad needed out cash was king,but that is not the current climate

The person who bought my house paid 20k for it and I paid far more than that,but it had no bearing on what I paid for it when I bought it,I bought the best house I could with the budget I had.

Sierra Cosworths used to be 5k its how it goes,there was once a 22B on gumtree for 22k euro,getting in early is key,that day has past.

Well aware of what year it is. You are missing the point. To some people a car is worth double than it is to others. So what is the true value? There is no true value, you get what you can or are happy with at the time you sell. When a cars book value is so low that it's non existent then it's an agreed value between buyers and fans of those cars that keep the market for them alive. Case in point, up until recently you'd do well to get 15k for a 33 GTR and why? Because nobody gave a hoot. Fans stopped buying them and wanting them so people gave them away for feck all because if a fanboy doesn't want it, theres not a hope Jimmy down the road with a wife and 5 kids will see any value in it either, so you end up with little to no market.

I'm well aware things are not what they used to be. But there's a huge amount of Messers not pricing their cars right for the irish market at all. And with yanks driving prices up in Japan, in Ireland we are now caught between a rock and a hard place

Sorry but your talking shite . A car is never worth double what some one else will pay . It’s worth market value And the other person doesn’t want it simple as that and won’t pay it . There is no one giving double for cars simple .

From my guess. You sold your cars too cheap other cars have taken a big jump and you’ve missed the boat .
But regardless of what anyone thinks . The market decides what’s value not you or me .
You haven’t shown me any Subaru’s for sale for way below what cars are selling for here Hense there not over priced

Sorry but your talking shite . A car is never worth double what some one else will pay . It’s worth market value And the other person doesn’t want it simple as that and won’t pay it . There is no one giving double for cars simple .

From my guess. You sold your cars too cheap other cars have taken a big jump and you’ve missed the boat .
But regardless of what anyone thinks . The market decides what’s value not you or me .
You haven’t shown me any Subaru’s for sale for way below what cars are selling for here Hense there not over priced

Why are you apologising?
The irony is, you said "a car is never worth double what some else will pay, there is no one giving double for cars simple"
and on the previous page you told me your impreza is now worth double what you paid for it. so with a bit of time, suddenly people are now going to give you double what you paid for your car....so who is talking shite?

I'm aware you will probably argue strictly "current market prices" but those prices mean fu*k all if they can double or half in 12-24 months in a boom or recession as have seen.

Current prices are the only ones that matter not what cars were sold for a year agp or 6 years ago 🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Or what they might be worth in 6 months .
if your worried about buying a Subaru and it loosing a few quid in it in the next 6 months or year then don’t do it . Anything can happen get your self a corolla or any other make . They loose money all the time and no one seem to mind 🤣😉

Prices are high here and selection of good cars for sale At the moment are slim . Japan has loads but it costs a fair whack more but you don’t thrust the grades . The Uk is out as duty and vat is 36% + vrt
To be honest it’s not looking good for you getting a car

Current prices are the only ones that matter not what cars were sold for a year agp or 6 years ago 🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Or what they might be worth in 6 months .
if your worried about buying a Subaru and it loosing a few quid in it in the next 6 months or year then don’t do it . Anything can happen get your self a corolla or any other make . They loose money all the time and no one seem to mind 🤣😉

Prices are high here and selection of good cars for sale At the moment are slim . Japan has loads but it costs a fair whack more but you don’t thrust the grades . The Uk is out as duty and vat is 36% + vrt
To be honest it’s not looking good for you getting a car

Same import costs in UK as Japan so its not a big deal. Duty, vat, misc costs and VRT. I'm not worried at all. Something will come along, it always does and with the few lads on here linking cars into this thread, mates on Facebook and mates checking jdm auctions for me i have all hands on deck and am grateful for it.

IMO the only fair way to compare is how the average wages changed compare to the prices of the same model from 5 or 10 years ago.
Back then it was easier to afford those cars, now more limited ones are gone completely out of reach for the regular person. And when you ad brexit and the government ransom. It makes it even harder. In my opinion is time to hold on to what you have as you can't replace it as its made financially impossible to bring fresh cars from outside the country.
If something makes me bitter is this. As l came in the country about 15 years ago and started on minimum wage so l couldn't afford much. Now l make much better money but the cars are gone significantly more expensive and accually the gap between the earnings and car prices has increased 🤔

The way you could import cars has changed so much in the last 2 years that it is now next to impossible to justify it , and next to no financial benefit now , its going to become a thing of the past , unless its a hybrid
Its crazy the change in 10 years , even without vrt saga , the paperwork alone.
That poor guy importing a 96 wrx with 190kms , and then getting 9k quote vrt , why import a 96 wrx in first place to leave yourself open to this torture?

I remember i vrtd a mk3 gsi astra in last boom.
landed in with v5 , no id , no shipping proof etc.
vrtd it in my mams name , but could have said micky mouse.
He didnt even check chassie numbers or pop the bonnet.
Paid the 315 cash and out the door in 5 mins
You didnt even book a appointment in those days
That was the rules, importing a jap was just as lax , which is how you had so many 1.5 imprezas
Even when you vrtd flash expensive stuff , everbody got away with vrt as base model.
It was a farce

Now look at the hoops you need to jump through and in turn the savings are gone and your see a huge increase in values of all second hand cars.
So bar the odd car , whatever is in this country is what you have to pick from from now on

Last edited:
Enthusiasts generally own the brand or model they enjoy
fan boys Are still looking for that elusive chance to

It's hilarious that grown men are offended by the term fanboy
To me fanboys love a particular brand or model and obsess over it and will remortgage the house to overpay for a particular model because it has windy down windows instead electric

A fanboy is an extreme version of a car enthusiast.

Ah will ya cop on to yourself man , all you’re doing here is pissing off every member in this thread at this stage .
You windy windows comment is stupid also . You’re just bitter because your budget won’t stretch to the “poverty” spec models .
Sure it’s the same with limited editions in every brand .

Ah will ya cop on to yourself man , all you’re doing here is pissing off every member in this thread at this stage .
You windy windows comment is stupid also . You’re just bitter because your budget won’t stretch to the “poverty” spec models .
Sure it’s the same with limited editions in every brand .

Cop on? From the lad who undervalued his own car by 10k and has it advertised for 12k but when you message him he wants 20k+??
Come off it Baz. If you don't like my use of the English language or my comments you should avoid this thread. Save you getting stressed out.

I have loads of money for a car. I refuse to overpay for shite lads think is worth 20k. And if it means having no Jdm car, I could care less.

Aside from whatever went on in messages , the car was undervalued 2 years ago simple as that ,it’s a well sorted car that you couldn’t build for that money and I honestly think if you came and looked at the car you’d be impressed with it. Moving on.

Not really the point Adam , you’re coming onto the isdc giving out about the price of cars etc. and pissing off members with your shite talk .

I think at this point nobody can help you on here so unsure of what else can be said .

I didn't ask for help from anybody. I asked if anybody was selling a car and people proceeded to give me their opinions which I never asked for and how far they think my budget will go or not go.

I think I had 1 reply with a link to a car. Other than that it's just typical forum BS of people's opinions.

I'd have sooner had you lads post links from donedeal with potential info on previous owners as others have done. Opinions on my budget are useless. I'm well aware of the current market from here to Japan

Forester STI manual
Legacy STI Manual
Jdm Impreza WRX
UK/JDM Impreza STI

Don't usually entertain any snide or smart remarks here but, these are the 4 cars you quoted in your original thread.
You also said budget of UP TO 15K FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Forester STI - None for sale at 15k, most recent ones ive seen have been 17.5k to 20k

Legacy STI - Presume your on about S401 or S402 as no STI Legacy models were produced. These are also above that guide price you gave

JDM Impreza WRX - Probably the only car here that could be got within budget you quoted

UK/JDM Impreza STI - Two very different cars here man. Very different. UK Impreza STI could probably be bought for the budget but at 15k, I'd imagine it wouldn't have the lowest mileage or be top condition.
JDM Impreza would fetch a good few more quid.
You also failed to mention whether your looking for a widetrack or non widetrack model, as again, these are both available in UK & JDM but again, big difference on price between the two.

As said above, you came on here saying your looking for a car for x amount. You therefore asked for the members help in finding one.
When the members you asked answered, and the answer wasn't favorable, there's no need to react any other way other than with gratitude.
There's guys here that have been heavily involved in the Subaru brand for 20 years. They've seen the prices rise and crash. They've seen good models make small money and bad models make huge money.
What everyone is saying to you is at the minute the market is mental and you will struggle to find what your looking for in the budget you said you had...even to quote your initial post, you won't get "something special" for 15k. You'll get a typical run of the mill newage UK STI, unless your very lucky. No one is saying its not possible, it's just unlikely man
If its not something special or a limited edition, is your budget still 15k? Cause otherwise it'll be a long search man.
To be honest man I know the feeling. I'm on the lookout for one myself but they're far and few between. Lots of good ones out there but like, anything on DD is over your budget of 15k.

There's one UK STI for sale on DD. Member's old car. And I think the current owner is on here too. 16k or something. That car is probably closest to what your looking for in my opinion

Don't usually entertain any snide or smart remarks here but, these are the 4 cars you quoted in your original thread.
You also said budget of UP TO 15K FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Forester STI - None for sale at 15k, most recent ones ive seen have been 17.5k to 20k

Legacy STI - Presume your on about S401 or S402 as no STI Legacy models were produced. These are also above that guide price you gave

JDM Impreza WRX - Probably the only car here that could be got within budget you quoted

UK/JDM Impreza STI - Two very different cars here man. Very different. UK Impreza STI could probably be bought for the budget but at 15k, I'd imagine it wouldn't have the lowest mileage or be top condition.
JDM Impreza would fetch a good few more quid.
You also failed to mention whether your looking for a widetrack or non widetrack model, as again, these are both available in UK & JDM but again, big difference on price between the two.

As said above, you came on here saying your looking for a car for x amount. You therefore asked for the members help in finding one.
When the members you asked answered, and the answer wasn't favorable, there's no need to react any other way other than with gratitude.
There's guys here that have been heavily involved in the Subaru brand for 20 years. They've seen the prices rise and crash. They've seen good models make small money and bad models make huge money.
What everyone is saying to you is at the minute the market is mental and you will struggle to find what your looking for in the budget you said you had...even to quote your initial post, you won't get "something special" for 15k. You'll get a typical run of the mill newage UK STI, unless your very lucky. No one is saying its not possible, it's just unlikely man
If its not something special or a limited edition, is your budget still 15k? Cause otherwise it'll be a long search man.
To be honest man I know the feeling. I'm on the lookout for one myself but they're far and few between. Lots of good ones out there but like, anything on DD is over your budget of 15k.

There's one UK STI for sale on DD. Member's old car. And I think the current owner is on here too. 16k or something. That car is probably closest to what your looking for in my opinion

If you read my first post, at no point in that post did I ask for members to offer me their opinion on my budget or an opinion on the current value of particular models. People chose to interpret my wanted ad as a "please give me advice thread" and offer advice where I wanted to see cars for sale, not thoughts and opinions on what I can or can't afford. I'm well aware of the current market. I'm not going to shut down any potential models available purely because of dreamers on donedeal. Not everyone is greedy

If I went onto a DC5 owners forum the lads would be telling me the exact same there too "you wont get a dc5 under 10k, they cost x amount from Japan, UK is fucked over brexit" etc etc . Purely because they overpaid.
Yet I bought a DC5 for 6k a couple months ago. Hence why I wasn't asking for any opinions or advice. Just looking for if anyone is selling a car and will take my budget in exchange for it. Despite rjeie experiences, whether some members think I can attain particular models or not is irrelevant to me.

It's weird also how I got so many replies and nobody is actually replying to sell their car......most just wanted to offer their tupence worth which has just resulted in nonsense.

There's a lot of cars sold in Ireland that aren't sold on DD or FB. So i take asking prices on those sites with a pinch of salt. Lads are putting some models up for 20k, and knocking anywhere between 2.5k and 5k off asking price to shift them on. I've seen numerous in the last 2 months like this.

I can appreciate lads maybe assume I'm setting myself up for disappointment and want to try offer a friendly advice in the event I am unaware. However I'm probably just as long in the game if not longer than some members. I can appreciate I'm a stranger to most, but it's nothing a simple question would solve. Instead of everyone assuming I want advice and guidance. I genuinely just asking in case a member wanted a quick and private sale. The only reason I mentioned a monetary amount was so to no waste an owners time

Back