Wtb: Foz/Legacy/Impreza

Adam-r

Hi Guys

Currently in the market for one of the following cars.

Forester STI manual
Legacy STI Manual
Jdm Impreza WRX
UK/JDM Impreza STI

Open to saloon, hatches and wagons

Seems very little worthwhile appears on donedeal or Facebook. Ideally I'm after a car that has been well maintained, I don't want a project car or anything already getting rusty.
I'm a long term JDM car enthusiast, so the car will be going to a good home.

Chancing my arm here before I go order from Japan

Last edited:
Ah here, will you make up your mind already on what car you want ;)

I'd say your best bet to get a good example is the likes of this forum, very little cropping up on DD, etc...

The way things are gone its amazing to say that 15k isn't as strong a budget as it used to be!

Good luck with search.

Ain’t much value for sale at the moment . And it’s only getting harder . I’d say your looking at a fresh import but something might pop up as you never know 👍👍

Ah here, will you make up your mind already on what car you want ;)

I'd say your best bet to get a good example is the likes of this forum, very little cropping up on DD, etc...

Variety is the spice of life my friend.
The way things are gone its amazing to say that 15k isn't as strong a budget as it used to be!

Good luck with search.

Certainly not. But from recent experience, a lot of people are just chancing their arm. I've seen a good few cars drop €2-3k from their online price recently. Most people are pricing about 20% above actual Irish market value. But most jdm cars have genuinely increased in price by at least 50% since 2018.

Thing about it is Adam some of the cars listed have very different values .
You’re not going to get a mint classic Sti for less than €15k
Risk of an engine going if you’re used to driving Hondas then you’re at 20k with an engine build .
Anything that age , factor budget for an engine build if it on the original engine .

Forester with a 2.5 , huge risk as well for head gaskets.

Same with twin scroll B4 04on shape , have a habit throwing rods through the block .

Best option for you is fresh Jdm 06 twin scroll from Japan , bomb proof .

Although all great cars I think you’re being unrealistic

As I said on another thread a rough JDM hawk or blob STi is €11/12k landed. VRT lottery, full service, tyres you are at €18-20k probably.
Will need some tidying and probably be a 160km Grade R. Grade R not the end of the world and at least it will be relatively rust free unlike any UK STi around €12-15k will have rust.

Uk Sti in my opinion , is a waste of time when a car from Japan with rust free under body’s go for not a whole lot more

Thing about it is Adam some of the cars listed have very different values .
You’re not going to get a mint classic Sti for less than €15k
Risk of an engine going if you’re used to driving Hondas then you’re at 20k with an engine build .
Anything that age , factor budget for an engine build if it on the original engine .

Forester with a 2.5 , huge risk as well for head gaskets.

Same with twin scroll B4 04on shape , have a habit throwing rods through the block .

Best option for you is fresh Jdm 06 twin scroll from Japan , bomb proof .

Although all great cars I think you’re being unrealistic

Appreciate the info Baz.

I'd do very well to pick up some of the models mentioned within budget. But if ya don't ask, ya don't get.

Been flat out watching the market here and in Japan since start of the year

What’s the budget do you mind me asking ? Like going back to your list , there is a huge difference between a wrx and and Sti in some classics and especially the new age cars from bugeye up.

Surely if you went to JDM Auction watch they’d get you something .

Did you see the spec c Deane motors put up recently, looks clean but needs suspension put back standard and wheels for it to be right

Appreciate the info Baz.

I'd do very well to pick up some of the models mentioned within budget. But if ya don't ask, ya don't get.

Been flat out watching the market here and in Japan since start of the year

What’s the budget do you mind me asking ? Like going back to your list , there is a huge difference between a wrx and and Sti in some classics and especially the new age cars from bugeye up.

Surely if you went to JDM Auction watch they’d get you something .

Did you see the spec c Deane motors put up recently, looks clean but needs suspension put back standard and wheels for it to be right

I'm already searching auctions for all types of cars within my budget. Just said I'd put a wanted post on the forum to see what may crop up.

The STI from Deane motors is nice but overpriced and the wheels ruin it. I do like the white a lot though.

That’s not a spec c . Just a jdm hawk that was bought in topline motors . Owner traded a 09 hatch for it I think 👍
the market is a funny place at the moment a few months ago I couldn’t give away and s401 legacy with zero interest and now the market is on fire .
If no luck in a few weeks Put up a wanted post on donedeal There might be a few Lads looking to sell with out the hassle of advertising it .

Last edited:
If anyone has a car they are considering selling, probably best to send a private message.

Still havnt mentioned a budget Adam ??
Just to give lads an idea ,

Like a Jdm hawk is 20+ k and a b4 is under 10k , clean un rusty classic very hard to get under 15k

15k is mentioned In the first post
that rules out newage sti As it’s would be 15 landed and another 6-8 for vrt and 2k for timing belt tyres etc so 20-23
Legacy sti not many here and in manual be a big ask
Jdm Wrx is with in budget and was 1 for sale up the country 05 blob in blue a while back but was snapped up .
there’s a forester sti on donedeal Pre facelift don’t know the car
Most other stuff that’s mint and clean are locked up in garages as lads know what they have

facebook is prob your best bet , only the dirt that doesnt sell on facebook ends up on donedeal mostly now.
i put a gc8 impreza for sale saturday at 4 , i had money in my hand at 5 and could have sold it 10 times.
its crazy at the minute for gc8 models

Sorry yeah I thought was 15k but my point is budget doesn’t allow for some cars on the list unfortunately

I'm all too aware my budget doesn't allow for some of the cars, but as I said, if you dont ask, you don't get.

For example, the lads here recently put up a post stating the 2004 foz STI for 20k is overpriced which it is and that's why it isn't selling. Yet a newer model was up a month later for 18k and then sold when dropped to 15k. So you never know what will pop up.

The Irish market is a weird one. We don't have the same volume of car heads like UK and USA, it's more niche.

facebook is prob your best bet , only the dirt that doesnt sell on facebook ends up on donedeal mostly now.
i put a gc8 impreza for sale saturday at 4 , i had money in my hand at 5 and could have sold it 10 times.
its crazy at the minute for gc8 models

100%, took literally 5 minutes to sell my rusty R33 Skyline with no nct, needing suspension and possible exhaust manifold.

The DC5 I sold 2 weeks ago was gone within 3 hours of going online. I could have put it up at fresh import price and left it sitting online like the others, but when they are genuinely priced to sell, they don't hang around at all. The guy bought my DC5 at 11pm in the pitch dark too. Desperate for well priced imports.

Back