Subaru Levorg Import

I got new front struts for my legacy from a place in Germany, I'll have a root around for the company name.
I had problems getting them- Don't use autodoc- lying ba*tard's.
Subaru themselves were mad money ( almost 700 euro PER side)
I actually couldn't get the exact right strut, as bilstein only sold that particular part no. To Subaru. Got a uprated strut. But maybe try Subaru first as your car is a much newer model

I got new front struts for my legacy from a place in Germany, I'll have a root around for the company name.
I had problems getting them- Don't use autodoc- lying ba*tard's.
Subaru themselves were mad money ( almost 700 euro PER side)
I actually couldn't get the exact right strut, as bilstein only sold that particular part no. To Subaru. Got a uprated strut. But maybe try Subaru first as your car is a much newer model
Yeah i would appreciate the info. Funnily you mentioned autodoc. They have bilstein replacements but what issue did you have with them?

Well, they lied about actually sending the struts for a start..
They told me they attempted delivery - which they didn't - and apparently because they attempted delivery Once, the struts where shipped back- the same day- to autodoc. Complete bullshit, I confronted them over this and got nowhere until I escalated the issue to PayPal because they would not refund me or resend the struts.
Then I got my money back. I wrote a complete description of it on trustpilot to warn others.
I'm looking for the invoice...

Here's the invoice with shop name. I bought through eBay. They may or may not do your struts.
I've also used Eastwood motors up north. There good. Just go up and collect and you don't pay customs and vat etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-09-22-42-51-880_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-09-22-42-51-880_com.android.chrome.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 9
Here's the invoice with shop name. I bought through eBay. They may or may not do your struts.
I've also used Eastwood motors up north. There good. Just go up and collect and you don't pay customs and vat etc
Thanks for that. Funnily i did reach out to them through their online shop already and were helpful. The issue is they don't have stock of the front left hand side. And since the ones that are installed from factory are not necessilary B6 or B8 i don't know which one to go for. The link below has ones in stock for my car, when you click B6 or B8 front one it shows the corresponding left hand side part number but not in stock.

B6 numbers that come up are 35-249467 & 35-249474
B8 numbers that come up are 35-300083 & 35-249498

I also did reach out to Subaru and Dave ordered 2 Bilsteins B8 through himself but the ones that came are not the right ones for the car. He said he cannot confirm the correct Bilstein part numbers vs OEM numbers but said the ones above could very well be right but the risk of getting the wrong ones twice is playing in my mind.

As far as I can remember....
The B6 are for use with original springs
The B8 are for use with lowering springs up to 40 mm.
Or vise versa.
I'm surprised that the ones Dave ordered are wrong?? He obviously ordered them off the chassis number/vin number.
Maybe contact Eastwood motors up North by email and send them a picture of your vin tag and see what part numbers they come back with. There very good.
I know that there is a official STI version of your car, maybe there's a difference in the struts?

A quick check on bilstein website shows the B6 number you posted are for imprezzas wrx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-09-33-861_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-09-33-861_com.android.chrome.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 1
And the B8 number you posted are also from same model wrx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-13-11-379_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-13-11-379_com.android.chrome.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 1
These seem to be correct part numbers (I think)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-22-30-951_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-22-30-951_com.android.chrome.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 4
Also found this on rrr.lt ( online parts based in Lithuania - very good and cheap, used them last week to get used engine cover for myself)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-33-24-125_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-33-24-125_com.android.chrome.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 2
These seem to be correct part numbers (I think)
So, yes you're right, howver that's the part number for the whole assembly in Japan and not the strut on it's own. I've spent too much time looking. Pretty confident the part numbers from the tunershop website above which i linked are correct for the levorg. The ones Dave got when i googled were for my old bp5. Maybe he had that car on the brain. Who knows. He just said he can't confrim vs oem number.

On another site( the German site I sent you) the B8 numbers are cross reference correct with the leverog... fu*k me!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-49-50-388_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-49-50-388_com.android.chrome.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-50-01-027_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-50-01-027_com.android.chrome.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 1
Ah, listen, I went through the same shite getting the new bilsteins for my car.
I had about 10 different part numbers.
I had a quick look on partsouq there and there is a listing, also has a superceded number....
The used strut on rrr.lt might be worth a shout if it's the correct side?

Can you get the part numbers of your actual struts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-59-02-097_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-21-59-02-097_com.android.chrome.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 1
So the way it was explained to me. Bilstein make the strut specifically for the car (OEM number neither b6 or b8) which are over 700 a side from Subaru. So then you can buy the Bilstein equivalent (bilstein number). But Dave could not find a match for OEM vs Bilstein number but thinks the tunershop link is correct but can't confirm. The tunershop specifocally calls out my car so I'd be happy enough i think.
On a side note would prefer to replace with new.

Ok, I get ya.
And, obviously, you spend a sh*t load of time trying to cross reference the numbers etc .
I had exactly the same problem, Subaru only part from bilstein etc.
Yeah- I would say that the tunershop ones are good to go.
Hopefully there the right onesšŸ‘

A mate of mine recently got shocks for his 13 BMW 330d from bilstein UK one of the main places in the UK. He was looking to see if they could tell him of an Irish distributor and she tells him well we can supply you what you're after. Long story short he was getting quotes of near 2k shipped to the door and he ended up getting them from UK with near 200 quid customs for 860 euro. I can find out where he got them from. They mightn't do for your car but worth a try

Back