Subaru Levorg Import

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Hello all. I'm considering importing a 2014-2016 Subaru Levorg GT-S VMG from Japan. Couple of unknowns are the tax band and VRT import fees. Hard to find any details on this online. Does anyone have an idea of these costs before i might take it further?

Hello all. I'm considering importing a 2014-2016 Subaru Levorg GT-S VMG from Japan. Couple of unknowns are the tax band and VRT import fees. Hard to find any details on this online. Does anyone have an idea of these costs before i might take it further?

The tax band should be teh same as teh WRX S4 or similar enough 710 or 790 (worst case scenario would be 1250)

If You have a model code for teh Levorg I can check the C02 for You

They are a gorgeous car, 1.6 turbo engine here in Ireland, are jdm 2 litre or 1.6 also

Nearys Lusk

Franchise Dealer
1 / 15

Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT Lineartronic CVT 4DR A

20161.6 Petrol20,893 mi4 daysDublin
Price

€19,950

From

€556p/m

Love this

The JDM version is 2 litre 300bp. DBA-VMG is the model code it seems. Nothing on the VRT website so that really is the unknown. I'm pretty sure the tax band is in the 700 range but i would love to know that beforehand. The 1.6 is what was sold in the UK. I could be wrong but are there any JDM versions in Ireland? Theperson who imported the Legacy reckons i could get one here for the 12-15k plus VRT costs.

The JDM version is 2 litre 300bp. DBA-VMG is the model code it seems. Nothing on the VRT website so that really is the unknown. I'm pretty sure the tax band is in the 700 range but i would love to know that beforehand. The 1.6 is what was sold in the UK. I could be wrong but are there any JDM versions in Ireland? Theperson who imported the Legacy reckons i could get one here for the 12-15k plus VRT costs.
Something cool and different, 700 annual tax is fine its juts the lottery of the vrt so, let us know how you get on, best of luck with it, 👍

Vrt is the big unknown, I sold a 2008 subaru exiga 2.0gt last year without vrt.vrt worked out just over €6k.i couldn't believe it

Last edited:
Depending on year and spec you should be able to get one for less.
Vrt is the big unknown, I sold a 2008 subaru exiga 2.0gt last year without vrt.vrt worked out just over €6k.i couldn't believe it
That's crazy VRT alright. Not ideal that it's not listed and you cannot gauge costs.

Sorry,was half asleep when I replied to the thread this morning.
I missed the spec in original post.
I edited my response above as I was wrong 👍

Beautiful car,good luck if you do go ahead with one

Hey bringing this topic back to light. Considering starting the bidding process on the levorg in Japan but want to gauge the interest on the Legacy i have and will eventually put up for sale. Realistically it won't be until mid to late summer before it would be available and new car arrived as i drive it every day. Looking to see what the market is like for a car like mine. From looking online i can only find one or 2 for sale here and then in the UK they can range from 7500 Sterling upwards. Couple photos here of mine after it got work done in JC autocare in late summer 2022.
Some details of mine are 178km, Imported myself from Japan in 2016 and only owner in Ireland. Full service history from Japan and all major work done on the car by Ciaran Larkin only here in Ireland since i owned it. Car was remapped by Aonghus power once arrived in Ireland. Hoping to put a dent in the cost of the new car with the sale of this. No known issues with the legacy and used as a daily driver. Would appreciate all the advise

Attachments

• IMG-20220726-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20220726-WA0017.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20220726-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220726-WA0007.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 52
Good luck. Been years since I’ve seen a Levorg in person.

Levorg STI would be kinda cool if you could find one.

Good luck. Been years since I’ve seen a Levorg in person.

Levorg STI would be kinda cool if you could find one.
Yes i have seen them on the auctions and are very available over there. They are much more expensive, plus if the VRT office see sti after a Subaru i fear their valuation so might avoid them.

The Levorg looks really cool. Did you watch the Mighty Car Mods STI swap into the Levorg recently? Wish we got the STI version out of the box.
Best of luck with the import etc. Never seen one in person here myself and I do love the wagons.

My friend in work today me about the episodes alright so i watched them. I do like the look of them and also how great having that space in the boot is. I might put a post in the for sale section to see what kind of interest there would be in the legacy.

Carfolio says

CARBON DIOXIDE EMISSIONS = 176.0 g/km NEDC

so should be in the 790 a year bracket
Colm just to jump on this. Looking on the revenue website it says as a category A vehicle the VRT rate will be calculated based on the Co2 emissions and since this car is 176g/km it will be "35% or €700 whichever is the greater". Does this mean i will pay what revenue value the cars current OMSP and i'll pay 35% of that figure in VRT? Plus i'll have to pay Nox charges also?

Back