Subaru Levorg Import

Mechanic can't get a look at the car until the end of next week. I've attached a video here of the noise while driving. Similar noise when i push down on front right. Before i hit the button on just buying the top mounts in case there was another issue and not this would anyone be available or suggest who could take a look for me? I live in Santry but work in Clonee Meath. Thanks. Driving every day like this is bothersome to me.
View attachment 20230816_072051.mp4

Hard to tell from a video, but could be something as small as anti roll bar bushes, or drop links too. If you got under the car, and give em a tug, you'd know. Cheap enough parts too to replace šŸ‘Œ

Maybe do those above with top mounts when changing them. My top mounts were knocking a bit few months back, cleared the knock, it came back, and it was anti roll bar bushes then.

Thanks Eoin, Reason i think it's at the mount is that when i push down i can feel the knock noise when holding the centre nut at the top mount itself. If it was the ARB bush i'd assume it would not be felt up there. But again i don't have the knowledge.

Yeah, I'd be the same as you man. I'd usually go by sound....and have I heard that sound before and what was it šŸ¤£ but theure cheap, may as well

Yeah, I'd be the same as you man. I'd usually go by sound....and have I heard that sound before and what was it šŸ¤£ but theure cheap, may as well
Tell me about it. Just want to pin point the issue causing the noise. Any recommendation who could have a look this week would be great.

Hey all still waiting on revenue to come back but want to get ahead of something. I'm looking for the accurate WLTP emission figure for the Subaru Levorg GT-S FA20 JDM model. On the document received from the car it's 176g/kg. However the revenue here in Ireland use a standard formula to covert that figure to WLTP emissions standard.
  • (NEDC CO2 figure x 0.9227) + 34.554.
This formula bumps me up to the 41% bracket rather than 35% with the 176g/kg. Can anyone advise what the accurate WLTP figure might be and it would have to be on a published document noting the figure. See attached highlighted what i got with the car but it's for the JC08 standard and not WLTP. I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20230801_215703.jpg
    20230801_215703.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 9
Hey all still waiting on revenue to come back but want to get ahead of something. I'm looking for the accurate WLTP emission figure for the Subaru Levorg GT-S FA20 JDM model. On the document received from the car it's 176g/kg. However the revenue here in Ireland use a standard formula to covert that figure to WLTP emissions standard.
  • (NEDC CO2 figure x 0.9227) + 34.554.
This formula bumps me up to the 41% bracket rather than 35% with the 176g/kg. Can anyone advise what the accurate WLTP figure might be and it would have to be on a published document noting the figure. See attached highlighted what i got with the car but it's for the JC08 standard and not WLTP. I would really appreciate it.
What's the Levorg model code
Is there a plate under bonnet with it on it

So an update. The top mounts & spacers with all nuts were replaced last week but noise still present as it was before. Knock noise there when push down on front right only but when jack the car up and push up on the wheel the noise is not there. He said he checked the ARB bushes & drop links and said there is no play in them. He thinks there is movement between the spring and the upper spring seat as he had it in and out a few times and thinks it moved. I read the attached, not the same car, but wonder is this possibly a cause of the issue. To be continued but any advise would be great. On the third time of the strut assembly gone back in there was no noise pushing down thinking the issue was fixed but a short drive later the same sounds is back. Very frustrating.

Attachments

• MC-10208697-0001_230828_120538.pdf
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 7
The noise is very similar to a dry anti roll bar bush , quick way to check is drop the 2 anti roll bush clamps and use a good grease on the inside of the bush , put it all back together and see if that cures it .

Check the links for play also , if replacing use Genuine Subaru links as the ball joints in those last a lot longer than cheap aftermarket links

Back