Subaru Levorg Import

The noise is very similar to a dry anti roll bar bush , quick way to check is drop the 2 anti roll bush clamps and use a good grease on the inside of the bush , put it all back together and see if that cures it .

Check the links for play also , if replacing use Genuine Subaru links as the ball joints in those last a lot longer than cheap aftermarket links
Thanks got under there while car was on ground. No movement in the arb itself or at the bushing. Cheap part though so worth trying. Drop links look ok to me.20230828_191452.jpg20230828_192701.jpg

The bush is cracked to bits man and dried out when zoomed in ,
Yep they sure do look that way alright. New ones ordered along with retaining clamps. However i feel and hear the knock right at the centre nut of the top mount when i push down on that part. As if the issue was right at that point. attached video of noise when pushing down at this point. Nothing on the other side. He said he added lock nut as he was not happy how it tightened initially.

Attachments

• 20230828_204948.mp4
    2.1 MB
Last edited:
Question, can the top mounts be installed in any direction. Other than the green marks on the new ones i can't see anything else showing forward/outward?

Attachments

• 20230822_195851.jpg
    20230822_195851.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
If not marked for outside with an arrow then they can be rotated any way . Once there sitting flush against the strut tower . have you solved the noise

Unfortunately not Joe. Being looked at again on Tuesday next week hopefully. Head scratching stuff. Have the ARB bushes ordered too but don't think that the cause of the noise.

as said already dry bushings can cause clunking . But the spring could be gone saggy too but unlikely . Drop links And bushings will be needed anyway so all is not lost 👍

as said already dry bushings can cause clunking . But the spring could be gone saggy too but unlikely . Drop links And bushings will be needed anyway so all is not lost 👍
Cheers Joe. Have the arb bushings here now. How can you tell if a spring is gone saggy?

On a positive news story about the car. I got notified of a hefty VRT appeal refund being successful. Huge thanks to Colm who gave great advise and passed on details to an independent valuator who put together a valuation and who had done these for many VRT appeals and advise was always successful. Should anyone want to hear about the process and who was involved that helped me please do reach out. No questions was asked by Revenue once i submitted the 2 independent valuations. Thanks again.

So another positive news. Suspension noise now seems to be gone. He was right saying he was not happy with the centre nut and how it was tightened. It seems this was looked at in car over in Japan. He added a washer between the top mount & centre nut to get a better fixing and now noise is gone. It must have been somewhat loose and the natural spot where the threads met the nut was goosed. Another issue gone.

On a positive news story about the car. I got notified of a hefty VRT appeal refund being successful. Huge thanks to Colm who gave great advise and passed on details to an independent valuator who put together a valuation and who had done these for many VRT appeals and advise was always successful. Should anyone want to hear about the process and who was involved that helped me please do reach out. No questions was asked by Revenue once i submitted the 2 independent valuations. Thanks again.
Great news on vrt appeal.

How are you finding the cvt box?What tax category did it fall into in the end?

Yes it's great to drive have to say. very responsive and super quick. I'm waiting on the updated insurance certificate to allow me tax it as i need expiry and policy number but will be 790 per year.

Yes it's great to drive have to say. very responsive and super quick. I'm waiting on the updated insurance certificate to allow me tax it as i need expiry and policy number but will be 790 per year.
Great stuff,
Tax is reasonable compared to most stuff.

Enjoy it 👍

Yes no complaints about the tax. I have been paying over 700 Euro per year on tax for as long as i can remember so it seems normal to me. Any luck getting the Legacy sorted?

So another positive news. Suspension noise now seems to be gone. He was right saying he was not happy with the centre nut and how it was tightened. It seems this was looked at in car over in Japan. He added a washer between the top mount & centre nut to get a better fixing and now noise is gone. It must have been somewhat loose and the natural spot where the threads met the nut was goosed. Another issue gone.
Aaaaaaand the noise is back. Lasted 2 weeks. Will get a replacement strut. Any recommendations of where to source? Full assembly part number is 20310VA260, The yellow Bilsteins. Can just the strut be got separately? Thanks

Back