Maxol E5

lol....yeah just disconnect the positive side and move it away from the terminal...leave for bout 10mins...then reconnect.. :thumbsup:

Hello Lads,

I had my new car remapped this weekend by STI Tuning / Bob Rawle, with E5 & NF along with a few others  :thumbsup:

No knock detected even on a B4  :thumbsup:

I have to say that this combo really works and must now really be proving its self with all the cars mapped this weekend  :thumbsup:

Happy days  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Got mine mapped for E5 and 100ml (third of a bottle) And Bob said it was exellent fuel! Lots of "advance" or something like that??
I'm not sure of the technoligy of mapping! I did ask but it seemed quite alot to take in!
Any way ALL is very cool!!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=4423.msg49437#msg49437 date=1197849104]
Got mine mapped for E5 and 100ml (third of a bottle) And Bob said it was exellent fuel! Lots of "advance" or something like that??
I'm not sure of the technoligy of mapping! I did ask but it seemed quite alot to take in!
Any way ALL is very cool!!
Dan

[/quote]

anyone get mapped with e5 on its own?

just a quickie !!! did anyone get mapped from 95+booster to e5+booster without any other mods and if so whats the difference

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got my 2.0 TFSI TT remapped last Friday week for E5 with no Octane Booster and the mapper was very happy with the fuel. I had been running her on E5 for about 2 months first and the difference in her now is unreal. I specified an emphasis on torque rather than bhp. Now she pulls like a train from 30 to the tonne and is as smooth as silk. The best 400 I have spent in a long time and the computer shows no decrease in mpg apart form the first few days I got her and had to "test" her all in the interest of eh science :thumbsup:

Frawls

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4423.msg49471#msg49471 date=1197891603]
just a quickie !!! did anyone get mapped from 95+booster      to        e5+booster      without any other mods and if so whats the difference

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Hi yes EliRoche got his 00 Legacy B4 mapped.  Totally standard... e5+NF Booster

Primary turbo raised from 0.6BAR to 1.0BAR  and Secondary turbo raised from 0.8BAR to 1.25BAR..

Car felt great..

cheers dave, i think i will have ta change over sometime round the end of feb

:thumbsup:

just filled up on e5 and disconnected the battery for 10 min it not as jumpy as it was,the guy in the garage said some people are mixing e5 and e85 anyone hear of this he said they told him it giving them a lot more power.

[quote author=b4 link=topic=4423.msg49647#msg49647 date=1197983434]
just filled up on e5 and disconnected the battery for 10 min it not as jumpy as it was,the guy in the garage said some people are mixing e5 and e85 anyone hear of this he said they told him it giving them a lot more power.
[/quote]

you would want to be sure of the mix..only so much power your going to get unless you map you car for 102+

I filled up with the E5 today (running an Apexi power FC mapped for 95 octane) I havent noticed any immediate difference. I would probably have to get a remap to notice anything. I was at least expecting knock levels to come down however but no change there.

You would have to add quite a bit of E85 to raise to ron rating of E5 to jap spec 102ron!
You'd be better off running E5 plus half bottle off NF!!! That would be jap spec 102ron and you would not have problems with your injectors that you would have with E85! If you have jap spec fuel then the ecu would run the origonal map and give you factory figues! 280hp or 260hp(auto)
( E85 is better ron but the engine needs alot more of it to do the same job! Some injectors need to flow more fuel!)
Dan

wat is NF this first time i tryed E5 and i use lucas octance booster there is a difference but not sure how much till i give car good run

NF is another make of octain booster!
It works out about €1.50 more expensive per tank than Lucas,
But alot of people recon it's the best booster available!
Worth trying to see how she runs, Those leggies are very touchy where fuel is conserned!
Dan

Back