Maxol E5

Gulp! :eek:mg:
If im only getting about 300k on a tank thats pretty poor consumption then.
Although my right foot often gets a slight bit heavy sometimes :p
Topped up at maxol yesterday, took 18euro to bring back upto full and i had done 89km since friday when i last filled it.

I'm getting 22mpg when driving "normally" but I'd say about 5/6mpg when giving her stick!
F**k it it's worth every litre! :D
If lucas isn't working out for some lads maybe try using NF booster! give davelegacy a shoot! :thumbsup:
Dan

All i know lads is i found a local maxol garage that stocks it and filled her up last friday evening, and its so much better, just huge improvement, and even same price as normal petrol! Why would u need octane booster.....!

Its great fuel alright, my car is running sweet and popping and banging on lift-off, sounds the business.

Regarding "Why you would need octain booster"
E5 is 99 ron which is still 2-3ron shy of jap spec!Which is what they are mapped to as standard so detination is quite possible!
Also 3 ron is a difference of 20 odd horse power when mapped to suit!
The higher the ron the less likely you are to get detination so safer!
Other than that there's no need to use booster!
Best of luck
Dan

i put in E5 this weekend and thought id try some lucas with it....so i put 1/2 bottle...man i was not happy,on my second setting she ran fine,but on the top setting at bout 4/5000 rpm she felt lumpy.... :evil:so drove that out... :Dand then filled up with E5 alone...and low and behold...the lumpyness is gone again...any one else feel their car runs better just on the E5???? :dunno:

Yep mine runs a lot better on E5 only. I tried E5 and Lucas as well only half a bottle and the car did not like it at all

I put 3/4 of a tank full in on on sunday on way back from party... as Niall will tell you, hard acceleration was awful... misfiring like never before, I thought it could have been plugs or coil pack failure but... tonight the car is running like a dream, real power from 3000 revs and it's like a different car altogether, there's only occasional misfires now, so maybe the ECU has adjusted itself :dunno: Don't fancy headingback to Mitchelstown for another fill up though :shock: C'mon Maxol get your ass in gear and get E5 everywhere!!!!

So is 1/2 a bottle of Lucas enough? I've always been putting a full bottle in, but then I don't trust the EJ22 to withstand any knocking..
PS KnockLink acquired so just need a clear run to pop it in.

That's to good a car to take any chances with! (22b)
If I were you I wouldn't hasitate and get her properly mapped to suit what ever fuel you want to use!
I really beleive your better safe than sorry!
Best of luck with her!
Dan

It was already remapped by the previous owner (a Prodrive employee) presumably on UK premium 98 octane but he hasn't returned any of my correspondences to let me know exactly what he did with her..

PS when will Mondello have next years dates up?

The first trackday is usually the bank holiday monday of the paddy's day weekend!
So March 17th :dance: :dance: :dance: I can't wait :D
Are you bringing the 22B out??
Just when you book in ask to be put in to group A & D, they are the high value and experianced groups!
I've done every trackday in the past two years with no problems or damage and I'll defo be back out in the forester as much as I can!
Dan!

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=4423.msg48841#msg48841 date=1197507693]
Are you bringing the 22B out??
[/quote]
I hope to. :thumbsup:
No new babies or other distractions this year hopefully!! :angry: :lol:

My new baby is due at the end of March!
So Hopefully :pray: right in between the paddy's day trackday and the easter (april) trackday! :lol:
My 2 yr old girl loves Mondello and she can spot my cars ( Forester or Skyline) coming onto the start/finish straight and shouts "Daddy"
That's my girl! She thinks it's hillarious when cars backfire! :D
Dan

That's the system I'm using at the moment!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan

ECU reset lads ... is it just take the positive off for 5 mins r so . then away like fu*k ... ?????

Back