Maxol E5

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
I know there is a topic about this already about the new Maxol E5 more so to do with testing . The maxol filling station near me don't do it but Thursday night I was in Cavan and filled up with it to see if it was all it was cracked up to be so was in Longford to day and filled up again with it. Now I stand to be corrected on all I say cause I'm not mechanical or that but performance wise I can't say I noticed any difffernce. Forgot to say have an Irish model 03 STi standard apart from a magnex exhaust but my mpg has vastly improved. As with all subarus drivers we visit the petrol station quite alot and I have kept an eye on what the mpg of the car is and 22 and 23 was what I always got but with this I got 27 mpg. Was the subaru ideally meant to be ran on 98 and maybe thats why I got better mpg..

Well if ur driving a irish model im not sure if ud notice much of a improvement as ur cars mapped for 95, i might b wrong though.

your car can run 95 and is mapped for 98 from factory so you wouldnt notice any difference..as far as you mileage it should of been worse as E5 as a slightly lower calorific value which basically means it produces less energy and should have ever so slightly lower mileage

[quote author=gerry link=topic=4423.msg46903#msg46903 date=1195942994]
I have kept an eye on what the mpg of the car is and 22 and 23 was what I always got but with this I got 27 mpg. [/quote]

I notice some drivers on octane.ie have also reported better mpg in the E5 thread there, though as Dagnut says:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4423.msg46912#msg46912 date=1195949224]
..as far as you mileage it should of been worse as E5 as a slightly lower calorific value which basically means it produces less energy and should have ever so slightly lower mileage
[/quote]

:dunno:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4423.msg46926#msg46926 date=1195990583]
that is taken from the maxol website...check it out
[/quote]

It seems to be the accepted wisdom on the subject, and I've previously said the same thing myself, but it may be that that it applies more to cars that are tuned for 95ron and not benefitting from the increased ron level?  :ponder:

Though it's true that 99ron E5 isn't as efficient as regular 99ron petrol would be, some people are reporting improved mpg and the suggestion seems to be that some engines tuned for high ron levels may actually run more efficiently on E5 than they do on straight 95ron (or 95ron + booster).   :dunno:

my bro has a V8 holden.. which tells ya how many miles to empty..and when he put it in his mpg increased by a good bit!!! 40 or 50 miles per tank I think it was.

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=4423.msg46930#msg46930 date=1195994408]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4423.msg46926#msg46926 date=1195990583]
that is taken from the maxol website...check it out
[/quote]

It seems to be the accepted wisdom on the subject, and I've previously said the same thing myself, but it may be that that it applies more to cars that are tuned for 95ron and not benefitting from the increased ron level? :ponder:

Though it's true that 99ron E5 isn't as efficient as regular 99ron petrol would be, some people are reporting improved mpg and the suggestion seems to be that some engines tuned for high ron levels may actually run more efficiently on E5 than they do on straight 95ron. :dunno:
[/quote]

yeah could well be..ive been running it myself and i havent noticed any difference in milegae

chris is this your bro's holden??? Drogheda???

Holden2.jpg

Holden1.jpg

I have a silly question, which probably has been answerd already somewhere but here it goes ne way.. I was wondering has anyone had there car mapped for 95 and booster and decided to just put the e5 in on its own without remap to try it?? was wondering if the car run the same or different, better or worse and was there any knock when using the e5 on its own where there wasnt with 95 and booster??? Cheers

@ davelegacy ..thats it yeah...its an animal

@ kenc....yeah im mapped and running car runs great

@Dave ye again that is his.... he sprayed the wheel centres and bonnet nostrils black since.. some yolk.. NOS'd up an all..

I'm running my B4 on E5 and its made a huge diff to my car, its serious stuff. Good bit more power, makes my car way more drivable and more millage to.

My Sti Impreza is mapped for 95 plus half a bottle of lucas.
Ive just filled up with my seconnd tank of E5 on its own and the cars running like a dream.
I cant say its any better or worse than 95 Plus booster and ive no knock link to compare results.
Gettin about 300km per tank

@ damo,you could run your car just on e5 and it should be grand...been running mine without any booster for bout a month and not once has my knocklink lit up.... :thumbsup:

overall I think it seems to be the job really just pity not every Maxol has it

Was reading a flyer in maxol the other day and they hope to get it into every maxol before the new year :dunno:

Back