Maxol E5

@Damo
E5 plus half a bottle of booster sould be more or less jap spec ron petrol!!
So your motor sould run just fine! :thumbsup:
But you know yourself with scoobies they always need mapping to get the best out of any changes!
But should be fine with out!
Dan

cheers dan .. i,ll be up in ur part of the country in two weeks time .. i,ll fill her up in maxol clane .. they have e5 i think . i,ll keep an eye out for ya . .

PM me closer to the time and if you have time I'd like to have a look at your motor!
Dan

i gonna try it on e5 on its own so, had intended to map it for e5 but again i got up to swords i was down near red, so had Pat hebron beside me and a dodgy sat nav and we put in to find a maxol station, the first one we were guided to had bags over the pumps :wall:, the 2nd station must of changed from maxol to texaco :wall:, and the 3rd it sent us to is now a bunch of new houses :wall: :computer: :computer:, so got fed up and just got 95 and octane booster and got mapped, thats the one down fall i cud potentialy see with the e5, is finding a maxol station when you are away from home, but i have one close to me so wud b handy on the e5

That really sucks!! :doh:
It wont be a problem soon as most petrol companys are going to follow maxols good example shortly!
In the mean time I dont let mine go much lower than half a tank if I'm venturing far from home!
Even england has tesco 99 which is exactly the same stuff!
I'm getting mine mapped for E5 plus NF in 3 weeks time and I'm already using that fuel so it is fully run through the system when it comes time to map her! That may be a bit ott! but f**k it!
Are you going to get it mapped again? or take the chance and run E5 anyway?
Dan

I'm driving a 00 B4 which I recently imported.

I didn't know much about knock etc :doh:. but have been reading threds on this site which have been most helpful!!

I started running the car on E5 almost 2 months ago and my MPG seems to have dramitically improved.

I did a round trip from Dublin to Galway last weekend.  A full tank did 450k. :shock:
Any mathamaticions out there who fancy calculating my MPG??! I'm guessing its around 27-28?

I'd recommend E5 for anyone driving a legy.

[quote author=AlanMcB4 link=topic=4423.msg47429#msg47429 date=1196439153]
A full tank did 450k. :shock:
Any mathamaticions out there who fancy calculating my MPG??! I'm guessing its around 27-28?

[/quote]

more like 22mpg id say

I've gone from 400kms to 440/450 in the B4 since i started running E5. Am also using a half bottle of lucas in the tank and the car is not mapped

Yid hardly need a remap unless your planning on doing some mods..your running about 100 ron now id say...

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=4423.msg47432#msg47432 date=1196441406]
I've gone from 400kms to 440/450 in the B4 since i started running E5. Am also using a half bottle of lucas in the tank and the car is not mapped
[/quote]do ya find it lumpy/spluttery at all with the mix of lucas? I'm just using E5 on its own with no map.

No not at all with the lucas seems to smooth it out a bit more. Sometimes didnt feel great on just using E5 but i disconnected the battery on wednesday night after seeing someone recommended doing it and I dont know whether im dreaming or not but the car feels much better again. Sounds much better and runs up through the revs much better, much smoother and just feels great.

I find my car lumpy and spluttery with E5 and Lucas. So I just use E5 now. Consumption is down but I'm driving a bit harder now

Hey Blacklegacy,
Your spot on, by dsiconnecting the battery , leave it for a while,
and when you reconnect and re-start the engine you will have re-set the ECU
which then should set the engine to the fuel you have in your car (after a quick blast :)).

Of course the ECU can only advance or retard the engine a couple of stops but seems to have
worked perfect for you  :thumbsup:

Niall.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4423.msg47431#msg47431 date=1196440366]

[/quote]

more like 22mpg id say
[/quote]

Its 26½ mpg which ain't bad.

Not running it with Lucas, just E5.

I mite try half a bot of Lucas annd disconnect the battery.

Cheers for the tip Niallyboy/BlackLegacy!! :thumbsup:

[quote author=AlanMcB4 link=topic=4423.msg47530#msg47530 date=1196537860]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4423.msg47431#msg47431 date=1196440366]

[/quote]

more like 22mpg id say
[/quote]

Its 26½ mpg which ain't bad.

Not running it with Lucas, just E5.

I mite try half a bot of Lucas annd disconnect the battery.

Cheers for the tip Niallyboy/BlackLegacy!! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

how many litres does your tank hold????????????????to be getting 26.5..which your not..your saying you did 450kmh on 48litres???

Why do you say 48 litres? Maybe i missed somethin but i thought the B4 tank holds 60 litres or more? :dunno:

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=4423.msg47573#msg47573 date=1196597099]
Why do you say 48 litres? Maybe i missed somethin but i thought the B4 tank holds 60 litres or more? :dunno:
[/quote]
exactly that's my point ..it holds 60 litres.. 450km or 279 miles for 60 litres equals 21.49 mpg

he was saying it was 26mpg which would mean he did 450 km on 48 litres of fuel

Back