Advice on what to do (bodyshop)

Just get it out man .
It needs extensive work as you said, even if it was left out in the elements for the winter it wouldn't get much worse, one winter won't do much in the grand scheme of things. There is gonna be repairs done anyway so I shouldn't worry about storage or anything.
Get it out
Having it sitting at home and looking at it will give a new lease on the repair journey, and get you more excited than what you have been for thr last 2 years.
Nothing will happen there, and if he has that much nerve to say it will, I could get it will be a very quick shortcut job just to get you off his back...and you don't want that.
Get it home, and start getting on the phone ringing people and get it dropped somewhere again.
I'm genuinely amazed it's still there. I'd have had it out ages ago.
Just my 2c 😀

Update October 17th

WE HAVE PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!

All front panels are on. Wings, bonnet, bumper, grill. Frame rails (both completely replaced from the bulk head) are in position and panel gaps all lined up.
Next step is to replace both drivers and passenger side rockers/sills.
Then it's the rest of the bodywork and full respray.

Happy to see progress being made after a year of this. I just hope its consistent progress now and not left sitting a year for paint.

Great to hear. Hopefully now it doesn't give false hope, I don't mean to come across bad here, but like, now the work has started, so it's kinda stuck there and he's worked up a bill, so I just hope that he continues working on it and it wasn't just a few bits done to keep you quiet. And really, I really don't mean that in a bad way, so I hope you don't pick me up wrong, stuff on forums can be interpreted wrong at times, hopefully work continues now and it just gets done. Will be great to have it back 😎
Have you pictures of it the way it is? We love pics here 😁 be great to see 👀

No offence taken. I understand what you are saying. Now that progress has been made I hope it doesn't take another year before its painted. Otherwise this will be a very long thread LOL

Attachments

• 165e1017-d4d5-41d0-8d8e-f8466a267616.JPG
    165e1017-d4d5-41d0-8d8e-f8466a267616.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2ec456e7-d7c7-4058-aa2f-468b3e3c7610.JPG
    2ec456e7-d7c7-4058-aa2f-468b3e3c7610.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 63
  • dd470a18-f5ef-4522-9747-76d94509e126.JPG
    dd470a18-f5ef-4522-9747-76d94509e126.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 63
Good man Andy . No one was expecting that . Still a lot of work to do as chassis rails still need to be welded in . You might need to get him the front subframe to make sure all lines up ok 👍👍
Best of luck abs hope it continues 👍

Great Andy Delighted for you about time to be fair he done it hopefully it keeps going for you 😁👍

Great news Andy hope it gets back to where it was before as always liked the car, as said above hope it continues and is done for you reasonably quick with no major issues. Beat of luck

UPDATE DECEMBER 2nd 2022

So it seems normal service has been resumed and by that I mean no work. The car is in the same state as of October 17th. Frame rails are still not fully welded in and no work has been started on the rocker/sill panels. I provided him with brand new 4 door rocker panels to help cut down on fabrication time as they can be modified to fit the 2 door but even that hasn't helped to speed things up.

I've had several "I'll get back at it on Monday" lines since October. The nightmare continues.

Solicitors letter time I'd say.
Just have a chat with someone. Might be a waste of time, but 50 quid for a consultation, tell em the crack, he's surely bound to a verbal contract...they'd tell you, and if you have a leg to stand on, drop a letter to him, or registered post, and get the car gone. You shouldn't owe anything legally cause I'd imagine it's him who broke the contract.
Either get it out, or the legal letter will get him moving on it. You have to do SOMETHING anyway. You can't keep waiting on it like..
Just my 2c. Feel free to ignore me lol

Back