My 2003 T-Sport Celica

fair play martin, the car looks great, pity about the tires but was good you come up with a different option. Its a great transformation in a short period of time. Now go out and enjoy it :)

So went on the morning session of the track day yesterday. I dont know what to say really.... Without doubt one of the best 3 hours i have ever had. What a morning! Firstly the car was fantastic. Ran so well and even done a hard 30 minute stint at one stage because there were so many battles going on I forgot to come in! The changes to the car made a HUGE difference.

Overall it was an excellent morning and I did not want to leave come 1pm. We did have a few hold ups which took a lot of track time. Was around 10.20 when we got going. Shortly after an integra sh*t herself at the last turn. he kept going, the full main straight, into turn one, around to turn 2 and into the back entrance to the pits. The track was destroyed. Took about 30 mins to clean it up. One or two red flags too during the rest of the morning.....

All that aside it was an epic few hours. I'l post a video shortly and ye can critically appraise me. Still only my second time ever on a track and first ever on the national track. I did enjoy the national track as there wasnt as many corners to remember!

Anyway, video below.....

same here says private.
Another one hooked to tracking after after reading chris's post yesterday. Seems like you had a good time too. fair play :)

Great stuff Martin the car is looking quick!and your lines look spot on too,with more track time you will find you could leave your breaking later and push a little harder into turn 3 just at the right hand kink.Stay as deep as you can in turn one cutting the apex at around 2:00 o clock for that better run into turn 2.But the car looks solid lad and there is noting wrong with your driving either.Your best investment for the rest of the year is get use to what you have and drive as much as you can[emoji106][emoji106][emoji469]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Great stuff Martin the car is looking quick!and your lines look spot on too,with more track time you will find you could leave your breaking later and push a little harder into turn 3 just at the right hand kink.Stay as deep as you can in turn one cutting the apex at around 2:00 o clock for that better run into turn 2.But the car looks solid lad and there is noting wrong with your driving either.Your best investment for the rest of the year is get use to what you have and drive as much as you can[emoji106][emoji106][emoji469]

Jesus ya, that turn 3 is hard to call. I see a few of the st fiesta lads don't go for that first apex at all, they stay wide for it. I tried a few approaches bit the biggest thing i found yesterday was trying to get clear track time to try a few things. Ended up with lads in front or behind me all the time!

Great driving Mark. Your celica looked very well out on the track.

Seen myself in your first video towards the end glad I moved over you with your grippy tires were way faster through the bends :)

I found turn 3 quiet hard to get the right lines for. I stayed wide at the start didnt feel right, then started to attack the first apex and head for the tree which I found much better.

Its highly addictive being out on the track isnt it

The key to turn 3 is to drive as hard as you can up to the 50 marker,bang down into 3rd turn into the right kink and drive as hard as you can in a straight line at that tree.Turn in across the apex of turn 3 but don't hit the kerbs on the inside as you will loose traction pulling up into the corner.
That's the way I look at it anyway,sometimes I use left foot breaking to settle the car through that fast right hand kink[emoji106]

Great driving Mark. Your celica looked very well out on the track.

Seen myself in your first video towards the end glad I moved over you with your grippy tires were way faster through the bends :)

I found turn 3 quiet hard to get the right lines for. I stayed wide at the start didnt feel right, then started to attack the first apex and head for the tree which I found much better.

Its highly addictive being out on the track isnt it

Hey Chris. I wasn't sure if you were there or not. And of course i didn't know what you looked like and didn't know what car you had! What car were you in???

Was a great day. Some weather... And ya. So addictive. Really loved every minute of it!

The key to turn 3 is to drive as hard as you can up to the 50 marker,bang down into 3rd turn into the right kink and drive as hard as you can in a straight line at that tree.Turn in across the apex of turn 3 but don't hit the kerbs on the inside as you will loose traction pulling up into the corner.
That's the way I look at it anyway,sometimes I use left foot breaking to settle the car through that fast right hand kink[emoji106]

That sounds like a plan to me!! ????. Cheers Adrain. Great advice as always. Still want yourself or Dec to come out with me though some day. ????

That sounds like a plan to me!! [emoji3]. Cheers Adrain. Great advice as always. Still want yourself or Dec to come out with me though some day. [emoji106]

No prob man we will have to make that happen[emoji106]next time I'm out is fund racer then round 4 of Future Classics on 12th of June.I had to work all day yesterday so didn't get a chance to call over.
The video below is probably the best example of how I drive the track with no traffic.
https://youtu.be/4tJ7QVxBuXs

Great driving there Martin the car looks very planted and sounds mega ???? I have to applaud you ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? for all the effort you have put in over the last while and I'm really glad your enjoying it. I love it myself love the buzz on track. As for your lines mileage on track is the only way they will come and get someone in with you to point the lines out. Any of us will be glad to go out with you or better still follow someone who is quick like ciaran timmons on here is very quick round mondello ????

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I was in the blue dc5 near the end of your video martin.

Great advice Adrian. Makes turn 3 a little easier to plan out for next time.

I tried following 2 of the fiesta st's out there to get a better idea of the lines. Not a hope was I keeping up ha.

I think I got a fairly good feel of the lines. Next time I will look at improving my braking point

:clap:Good man Martin great to see your
flying :thumbsup: good advice from Dec and Adrain its all about track time now and getting use to the track . :thumbsup:

Back