My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Just the morning session is all. Just to see how its all coming together on track really. See is there much more i need to do!! ????

It's come a long way in the past few weeks alone man,so be great to see the fruits of your labour on Saturday.I just might pop over sat morning to see how its going[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Lovely car and me being a Toyota Celica man myself, I'm glad to see you enjoying one. I've been following this thread in the back ground for a while now and the car is a credit to you. One thing I see from the build worries me a bit is the angle of the harnesses from the seat to the rear mounting points, being a rally man we would never fit harnesses that steep as the risk of damaging your back is massive in a medium to high speed crash, in a rally car we mount the belt near horizontal on the cage or as close to it as we can, I know you can't facilitate that atm with no cage, but one thing I could consider is fitting a harness bar so the belts go over the top of it and mount in the same holes you're using.
Keep up the good work on the car and keep us all updated.

Lovely car and me being a Toyota Celica man myself, I'm glad to see you enjoying one. I've been following this thread in the back ground for a while now and the car is a credit to you. One thing I see from the build worries me a bit is the angle of the harnesses from the seat to the rear mounting points, being a rally man we would never fit harnesses that steep as the risk of damaging your back is massive in a medium to high speed crash, in a rally car we mount the belt near horizontal on the cage or as close to it as we can, I know you can't facilitate that atm with no cage, but one thing I could consider is fitting a harness bar so the belts go over the top of it and mount in the same holes you're using.

Great advice on the harnesses[emoji106]

Good man Paul. Thanks for that. These are things i need to be told as im new to all this and would never have known that. Ill get on it! ????

Tyre pressures....

What pressures should i be running for Mondello. Front and back....

What ye think??

Last edited:
id go with the 15" setup and run a hot temp of 28-32 .the best thing to do is go for 4 laps and come in check the pressures while hot and set them to where you want , then go out for 4 more laps and try it ,pressures can be a bit of playing around to find where the car feels best another great way is an infrared temp gauge and check the temps at 3-4 points across the tyre .if a tyre is hot on both outside edges the tyre is too soft if hot in the middle its too hard

Finicky things like that it's good to have a pit man so you're not undoing harnesses etc and getting in and out and losing heat.

Pull in agter 4 or 5 laps and have him ready with the thermometer and pressure gauge. Let him check temp and pressures and tell him how the car feels and adjust. Do it every couple laps until you get things where you want.

Mondello tends to favour a bit of taily driving if you're chasing times. My DC5 put down good times with a thicker rear ARB and coilovers set about 75% hard and fronts set at 50%.

Small bit of oversteer to get you pointing in the right direction before putting the shoe back on the loud pedal.

There's dozens of lines tbh so get as many experienced drivers out with you and let them tell/show you how they drive 3ach corner and then take a little bit from everyone and string it altogether.

Thanks lads, great info there as usual! Will get one of those gauges, be handy for brakes too so i can see how hot each one is getting.

How are ye checking tyre pressures up there? Is there an outside air line??

I bring a pump and gauge, Adrian has a compressor in the van so has an air line and tyre gauge too . None in mondello

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well met a set back today with my lovely, (wd40 softened), rally tyres. Basically they are 7 inch wide and my wheels are only 6. And there is no making that fit! So im back to my 17 inch wheels and the yokahana track day tyres. Will still be a lot better than road tyres but was really looking forward to feeling the grip from the tarmac Michelin's. Anyway will try source wider rims for the next time out. PIC of my problem attached! Really should have noticed it sooner

Attachments

• IMAG1513.jpg
    IMAG1513.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Back