My 2003 T-Sport Celica

Tyres are measured across the thread area like the way you measured but they are a lot smaller where they mount so even though a 6" rim needs a 175-195 tyre you can get away with 205 so measure the tyre at where it mounts to the rim if it's 205 or under it will be fine

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Tyres are measured across the thread area like the way you measured but they are a lot smaller where they mount so even though a 6" rim needs a 175-195 tyre you can get away with 205 so measure the tyre at where it mounts to the rim if it's 205 or under it will be fine

Nope, had one on. He managed to get it on but couldn't pump it. Tyre was all wrinkled etc.... I know what you mean though ya. All im bet for is an inch...

Wrinkled where man?? Rally tyres are a nightmare to inflate, it's surprising that it would wrinkle

Wrinkled where man?? Rally tyres are a nightmare to inflate, it's surprising that it would wrinkle

I should have taken a pic of it. He squeez it on but then it was raised up in the middle and the side walls were pulled in too much and were all wavey..... That make sense....

Ah right ye I know what ya mean must be because the walls are so stiff because iv often done it to Road tyres

Ah right ye I know what ya mean must be because the walls are so stiff because iv often done it to Road tyres

Ya that's it. When i dropped them he thought they would go on Ok too when he looked at them. But must be the hard wall. Pain in the hole now anyway!

For sure ah I'd you will get a set of wider rims if ya keep an eye out

Looks epic serious, work gone into it lad fair play, I hope you have a great day in it

Class
Did you get the tyres sorted
What tyres at you going out on
Looks the job enjoy
I'd say it's to be hot so have a bit of mechanical sympathy on the car lol

Ya Dave, amazing what €100 of stickers can do! It better drive well! Lots of parts gone into too. Only problem will be me behind the wheel.

But seriously im not going up there to try and be the fastest. All I want is a nice car that i can have a bit of fun in. I have had a love a fair with Toyota in general, and more so the Celica since i was a child. I had my first celica at 21. And plenty in between. Iv no doubt the celica isn't the best choice of car for the track. Even my mechanic keeps slagging me that i bought the wrong car. But at the end of the day when im flying around up there in a car iv loved all my life and have stripped out and transformed into a track car ill have one big massive smile on my face inside the helmet! And for me that's all i want! ????

Class
Did you get the tyres sorted
What tyres at you going out on
Looks the job enjoy
I'd say it's to be hot so have a bit of mechanical sympathy on the car lol

No Keith. The 15's wont be going!! ��

What i have now are my original 17's in the pic above. Should still be a massive improvement on the road tyres i had the last day.

And as for mechanical sympathy, ill leave that to the oil cooler!

Last edited:
Back