Widetrack

Yes, got another runaround F1 team megane, sound great.

So widetrack is
Wider
Different pcd
Arch to bumper plastics
Dccd?

Are ye goin buyin a widetrack?
What's the megane like? Would love a spicy Renault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The megane is a proper hoot, handles and sounds great.
Pity it looks so shite. Trying to get a weekly hoon in it and it delivers on the smiles front. It's only 225 bhp so you have to ring it's neck

It's more craic in a car like that, drivin the shite outta it! Is it the boxy shaped one?

Are they reliable?

Did you not have the newer model megane rs alan at the track day last year,small fast cars like that are class

Best car iv owned so.far, by a mile.
I'll get a newer version down the road, with some extra mods already done. Fast car on track and on backroads, and the major bonus of 99% of people walking by it and not knowing how fast it was.
And yes it was wide, genuinely wide.

Wide track sti if set up right is more fun than Renault yokes....
Even with lowering springs and minor performance mods is a a fantastic car to drive.

My opinion from track use.

They're a class car Alan seen them in the ring last time fast car on track would love one for a track tool/fast road car

What's set up right in your opinion?

Lowering springs, exhaust, re map, good tyres & pads.

Very capable car on track in the right hands.

My I add to the uprated parts list.... balls!!!!

Set up right is another story! In that process now and parts are en route!

But what I've ordered is a drop in the ocean to what you could spend!

Last edited:
Ye can buy my megane van Paul haha who needs 225bhp when ye have about 80 haha

That's a gorgeous megane tractorman would love one myself the Reno are lovely comfy yokes.

Also love the wide track sti the dccd is nice to have and the cabin is alot nicer with the updated interior too. Different pcd doesn't bother me at all as in all honesty how often do you change alloys unless you're a wheel whore really. I've a set of rotas on mine and also have a set of standard wheels too if ever I fancy a change

Yeah I get ye, good geometry and tyres would be on the money. Can't wait to test it out

Ye can buy my megane van Paul haha who needs 225bhp when ye have about 80 haha

That's a gorgeous megane tractorman would love one myself the Reno are lovely comfy yokes.

Also love the wide track sti the dccd is nice to have and the cabin is alot nicer with the updated interior too. Different pcd doesn't bother me at all as in all honesty how often do you change alloys unless you're a wheel whore really. I've a set of rotas on mine and also have a set of standard wheels too if ever I fancy a change

Do ye a trade on a micra! I'd say a well set up non widetrack would be very similar on track, the English lads reckon it's on the backroads that the widetrack is more stable

That's good enough so, would deffo consider one for a daily

Do ye a trade on a micra! I'd say a well set up non widetrack would be very similar on track, the English lads reckon it's on the backroads that the widetrack is more stable

I know what they are saying, but if it's only width and maybe hubs, I still.can't imagine it being more stable, put spacers on the non widetrack.
Iv never had issues on track or backroad with any of the cars with hubcentric spacers on

Yeah dunno really never drove a non widetrack blob, it's the Dccd that makes all the difference in my opinion, all I can say is that every time I try it in a different setting it's a different car! Way less understeer when the diff is left fully open and nice bit of oversteer out of a corner

Back