Widetrack

Just more expensive parts and a lack of them! Ha ha.
Oh and the nice little plastic rear strips.....

Most suspension / wheels and the like from an STI of similar era won't fit them.

If ordering bits like that make sure you specify 05 on widetrack.

114.3 pcd is wide track.

Why do you ask Alan.......... is the Reanault widetrack..... :)

Stronger hubs have to say I really noticed it between wr1 and spec c ...pad knock back on the wr1 was bad on track days you would have to dab the brake to get it back ....could catch you out sometimes haven't noticed it on the spec c due to wider track and better hub design

Cheaper choice of second hand wheels on 114 Alan ????

From memory done to add wider track and more stability

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

would have to disagree about the wheels ciaran .

if keeping to a proper off set etc the selection of styles and colours are pretty limited , far more 5x100 than 114.3 .also more staggered fitment sets on 114.3 but not suitable for subaru .

if keeping to a proper off set etc the selection of styles and colours are pretty limited , far more 5x100 than 114.3 .also more staggered fitment sets on 114.3 but not suitable for subaru .

Toatally agree Tommy, no offence Ciaran.
Wheels are hard come by in 114.3 pcd.

Better off buying new to have them correct.

Right but the 114 subaru wheels I've seen always much cheaper/better value second hand as less of a market for em here less widetrack cars than non wide

Ever see the price of the bbs in 5x100 vs 114 nuts money

Agreed, the megane was 5x114.3 and very limited choice. The 5x100 is on most vw/audi cars.

Surely the small extra width with a widetrack isn't noticeable on a track or fast hoon?

I never said there was less choice I said the 114 fitment wheel not worth as much as 5x100 ie better value second hand

Right but the 114 subaru wheels I've seen always much cheaper/better value second hand as less of a market for em here less widetrack cars than non wide

Ever see the price of the bbs in 5x100 vs 114 nuts money

bbs is an example of supply and demand imo . less of the 5x100 made than the 114.3 so obviously 100's demand more cash.

similarly there are less 114 imprezas on the road than 100's so less of a market to sell the 114 wheels onto so money not as good as less demand

bbs is an example of supply and demand imo . less of the 5x100 made than the 114.3 so obviously 100's demand more cash.

similarly there are less 114 imprezas on the road than 100's so less of a market to sell the 114 wheels onto so money not as good as less demand
Yes that's what I said ????

Wide track looks bit nicer too imo

Them little arches can be bought if wanted to piss away more money ????

Did I miss a post Alan u buy a impreza thought u got another Megane?

Yes, got another runaround F1 team megane, sound great.

So widetrack is
Wider
Different pcd
Arch to bumper plastics
Dccd?

Also blobs get the facelift(hawk) Interior.
When it comes to wheels l have to say much better choice in 5x114.3 as its the size of most jdm cars including EVO who aren't staggered either. So you have lots of jdm wheels like work, rays, volk, advan wedssport, enkei etc.

All of the above but the Dccd is the real game changer, absolutely love it on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the difference as in no brake pedal lol on track or fast hoon
Google pad knock back the weaker hub moves when cornering hard pushes the pad and piston back in so when you go for the brake the peddle is gone.......wide track has a stronger hub that stops this happening

I never said there was less choice I said the 114 fitment wheel not worth as much as 5x100 ie better value second hand

but that's a massive generalisation.

quality 114s will still demand strong money as will quality 100s .

I've a set of genuine prodrives in the shed and have seen the asking price rise on uk forums as they become less available . much the same as the bbs wheels in 100s , how many sets of them were sc***** in favour of new after market wheels and then someone decides they are cool again so prices go up .

like everything they are only worth what someone will pay :ponder2:

Back