URGENT - Car not driving - Full set of coilovers

stick to the main brands, the links you have posted are rubbish

get set of tein shock and springs for ok money
http://www.scoobyparts.com/suspension/tein/tein-street-advance-dampers-gss12-21ss2

thanks for all the inputs guys,

have been getting great help over the day here and on facebook.

I have been in contacr with MCG as suggested and I will be getting the V-MAXX XXtreme. its within my budget and seems to give me what I need. Now i just have to get them home and fit them and hopefully they are the end to my suspension headache.

I know you have a budget but buy right buy once
I just hope you don't regret it in a few months time a few hundred more will see you with tein.
Hope it all works out

I know you have a budget but buy right buy once
I just hope you don't regret it in a few months time a few hundred more will see you with tein.
Hope it all works out

Thanks keith,

I have just been sitting in cars with the teins and they seems extremely hard. only reason I am staying away from them.

the VMaxx I'll be going with seems to be getting a lot of good feedback. I sure hope its the right decision as well. if i would have had the last 300 I would have bought a set of BC.

Also remember you can adjust both so soft or stiff
And as far as I know they can't be rebuilt

Last edited:
Don't know the Vmaxx... had a look on their website (Dutch and English version) and there is very little technical info present.

BC seem to be well liked by folks on here.

Had Tein before and did indeed think they were a bit (too) stiff for a daily.

What spring rate are the Vmaxx (not listed on the site but the vendor might know)?

For a daily I would go 5kg/mm at the front and 4kg/mm at the back... or at most 6kg front and 5kg back but that would already be quite stiff on a daily.

This is nuts man go find a wagon that's breaking and get the shocks or what ever you need outta it

Imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is nuts man go find a wagon that's breaking and get the shocks or what ever you need outta it

Imo

there is non ciaran, :( just done with it, paying for the coils first thing tomorrow when they open.

and yes i know bc is great but the budget is 700, cant get bc for that and need the car rolling, teins are way to uncompfy have tried in 3 different cars same hard S###. have been getting good advice all day from other people with small FF cars that has great results and driving comfort with the V-Maxx so will give them ago.

I'm sure you'd have great "fun" with another impreza????

I'm sure you'd have great "fun" with another impreza????

Well you would be surprised. If I can find a blob I might take it and use this as donor. Considering breaking it now anyway and get a fox just need it driving asap so I can get to work

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I driven a few cars with tein set on soft and it's was more comfortable than stock springs
I have tein springs in my own car now and I'm not a fan of them to hard but the full coilovers are savage
Was in one with the adjustable control box (witch is something you could look at down the line if you got tein) and it's an amazing bit of kit and used ones pop up on eBay a lot.
I'd say the cars you sat in had them set to hard that setting is only for track way to stiff for roads.
Hope this information helps you with your choice
I think you get what you pay for with coilovers
Best of luck

I driven a few cars with tein set on soft and it's was more comfortable than stock springs
I have tein springs in my own car now and I'm not a fan of them to hard but the full coilovers are savage
Was in one with the adjustable control box (witch is something you could look at down the line if you got tein) and it's an amazing bit of kit and used ones pop up on eBay a lot.
I'd say the cars you sat in had them set to hard that setting is only for track way to stiff for roads.
Hope this information helps you with your choice
I think you get what you pay for with coilovers
Best of luck

thanks Keith,

i got some help over night actually, and might be sorted in a whole different direction. but happy I got the help before I ordered, as stated I want this fixed for good. so really appreciate all the inputs and i do listen. to all of them actually, also why nothing was ordered yesterday. if the solution I have been offered will work today. I am really happy. the funny thing here is the fitment with a lot of parts for my car. they are often listed as they fit but then when I get them they dont. can hardly find my car listed on sites where I check parts etc. so really making sure I dont just buy something this time.

thanks Keith,

i got some help over night actually, and might be sorted in a whole different direction. but happy I got the help before I ordered, as stated I want this fixed for good. so really appreciate all the inputs and i do listen. to all of them actually, also why nothing was ordered yesterday. if the solution I have been offered will work today. I am really happy. the funny thing here is the fitment with a lot of parts for my car. they are often listed as they fit but then when I get them they dont. can hardly find my car listed on sites where I check parts etc. so really making sure I dont just buy something this time.

In my experience with messing with cars and aftermarket parts, seldom do I see a part that fits "perfect" first time, this is where the quality of the parts comes in and I would imagine that the cheaper the part the worse the fit.

And bear in mind the vmaxx coilovers afaik list one model for new age, but in reality, the suspension differs between the widetrack, blob, hawk etc which im sure they didnt consider

Back