Track day car

She's good and tight ????

Staying right in power band alright

Nice work lads

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cheers lads she has turned a corner now[emoji1]
Lots of late nights in the garage Ian[emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Last job on the list in prep for rally sprint on the 6th done this evening.
Thanks to Dec for getting my new tyres on can't wait for Saturday week to try out all the new setup on the Saxo.
It will take some learning again but this sprint and Bazs track day should get be back in the groove for future classics round 1 on 13/03/16[emoji106]

cb2234520ad2d5516d3fce4c19492ae5.jpg

868ae6b95a4e6809db08df2fccd86d8b.jpg

Great day out today at Mondello,the weather was shocking and the track was like ice[emoji22]but really did enjoy the day catching up with lads and getting the first run out in the Saxo since October.I really did struggle with grip the AO48,s proving to be not great in the rain and oil covered track.Out of the 7 stages i only got 4 done as I had to retire early with engine trouble.I didn't get a chance to check the car but I'm pretty sure it's a problem with one or two injectors as it seems no be down a cylinder.Coil pack should be ok as I have 4 good dry plugs,but I'm sure I'll get it sorted handy enough.Roll on Bazs track day on the 26th[emoji106]

7b9a2c3a27d09ba79ca4cb6e3524ab05.jpg

https://youtu.be/bFyQq-ugmyU

Last edited:
My engine problem is now sorted thanks to swapping out the coil pack for a ford Mondeo setup.This should be a better setup going forward as it won't suffer the kind of heat the Citroen pack gets down between the head.Thanks to Dec for advice and sorting me out with extra leads for the coil[emoji106]
Noting is mounted yet just wired to see if it works,so I'll tidy the job during the week.

63b687a6e056a6408b5086b4122abcd5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bit of work

Cheers man it's a mod I had planned on doing long ago[emoji106]Saxo coil pack is sh*t and cost 215 euro and a new Ford coil is around 40 new,I'll be packing the van with a spare snd a few leads[emoji1]

Got the coil pack fitted last night,had to make a bracket and mount near the inlet minifold.Im him getting tight for space in the engine bay.

2b054ac396f1b060a7e8bc9c2ec01b61.jpg

I think I'm taking air around the inlet manifold as its still hunting at idle,also need new plugs as one is all yellow around the collar and still seems to be causing a slight miss fire,but at least all 4 cylinders are back in action[emoji106]

If it's ready I will
Just hard to get sorted at the min flat out in work and Ciaran is flat out
I wish I had a garage I could do some of it myself lol

Gauges fitted
Wiring needs tidying
Needs set up camber and all that stuff
Need to cut the touring bar out of the roll cage so I can get my fat ass in and out
Seat needs moving back
Steering boss needs to come off
And a few other bits.
Ciaran will be a busy boy lol
Needs a map as its running rich and it's drinking juice worse than the impreza lol.

Gauges fitted
Wiring needs tidying
Needs set up camber and all that stuff
Need to cut the touring bar out of the roll cage so I can get my fat ass in and out
Seat needs moving back
Steering boss needs to come off
And a few other bits.
Ciaran will be a busy boy lol
Needs a map as its running rich and it's drinking juice worse than the impreza lol.

Fuk!!poor Ciaran that's a bit of a list you have there.Get the important stuff done and rock on[emoji1]so just get her mapped and wear lycra so you will fit in[emoji23][emoji106]

Completely blocked off the ICV inlet on the throttle body last night.I think I had air leaking here causing the hunting issue.I used chemical metal to fill it out as I could sand it smooth.This should help air flow also[emoji106]

Original
9f53b1613832775d65344f56ff213b77.jpg

Modified
2ae11d20ee178c41fb4f24903a03fb92.jpg

Got the file out too[emoji106]
6b0326754b1bbe8026561e7b53aec558.jpg

Last edited:
Back