The Grand Tour

So is it the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio your on about?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Colm been watching these on showbox. Love the show when they concentrate on the cars but the funny parts are too gimicky this season alltogether

episode 13
and the final episode of the season 1
Agree the jokes are a bit put on
but thats what they got to do i suppose for amazon
overall looking back I think it was a excellent season
Very impressed
some great moments

Last edited:
surprised nobody has posted about The Grand Tour this season
I thought it started of bogey with the usual American Muscle cars in episode 1&
possibly episode 2 & episode 3 making me want days of old but after that fook me some turn around, they nailed it aftr that and gave us the pinnacle of what he show is about
3 lads having a absolute blast with a car show who really love cars
Mongolia with John was a epic journey and also there toughest most gruelling challenge to date
the last episode was a Brilliant tribute to the Mondeo and to see Jeremy well up like he did even had myself going and the kids having a good old laugh at me
great to see the recap over the years
It is overall with the 3 lads the most memorable and important show I have had the pleasure to watch over the last 19 years Top Gear / The Grand Tour ,absolute legends and never to be seen the likes of again R.I.P. in its current form
Anyway if anyone hast seen it I suggest throwing it on https://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Tour-Season-3/dp/B07KR8383J

Last edited:
I just finished the last episode. And with all honesty, excluding the first season, I have loved every episode of it. The first season was weak, coz they were trying to see what sticks and whats good, they removed lot of bad things after the criticism from fans, which is great to see that they are actually listening to the feedback.

Loved every episode of this season and even wanted to watch some episodes more than once.

Top gear on other hand... was meh, only 5 episodes is really short, Joey was really good and had great synergy with Chris Harris, but that is no more.

yeah I love both shows
Ultimately we ended up with 2 shows instead of 1
Joey was someone I thought would be useless but him and Harris with unforced Chemistry were brilliant
unfortunately I think Production was weak here for capturing that
They are both great drivers and its a shame Joey has gone , im guessing Top Gear America will be headlined bye him at some stage
He doesn't need the money but as long as your not travelling across the globe for every bit of work I think he will take that
I dont know the 2 new lads coming along cricketers or something no idea of them or how they will come across
to be fair its a tried and tested format so plenty can do it
The Grand Tour was savage and eally showed for me anyway how the magic ingredient was the 3 lads and having the craic
hopefully all isnt lost as they are doing specials and individual deals with Amazon so maybe its just better and removing the last of the Top Gear formula although I must admit I enjoyed the banter with the audience over the years and thought wow love to be there
lads in the Jaguars on the ski mountain in the edge was hairy too in season 2
Beats fair city or coronation street LOL
over the years seen people giving out oh they didn't review the car or blah blah blah
its simple 3 lads having fun with cars and having a blast and getting paid well to do it
hats off health and safety etc. well never see it again brilliant show and my favourite of all time
sunday evenings watching top gear back in the day was the event of the week for TV

The grand tour has definitely hit the mark this season.
Season 1 was not great by any any means but gradually improved and the last episode was without doubt the best in many many years .

The last episode was the perfect one to go out on and easily the best episode I think
The set pieces they have done in the last while on cars or historic people or moments in Motorsport history are seriously good and only trumped bye the adventures / challenges

Yes have to agree enjoyed this series weird seeing Clarkson so emotional .What else can we watch car programs are scarce .

Yes have to agree enjoyed this series weird seeing Clarkson so emotional .What else can we watch car programs are scarce .

Some decent stuff on YouTube - mighty car mods have a decent channel. Also a good one about a guy taking his forester and his mate taking his evo on a drive From Florida to Alaska - Gears and Gasoline I think it is?

Only 1 more sleep :icon_grin:

Actually no it's up now

But 1 episode a year is a bit of a joke.

There is one in the can and another postponed due to covid

The old format is gone as they think it is done to death and Top Gear does that anyway (Chris Harris can test the latest hyper car or whatever better than any of the 3 lads anyway)

Semi Retirement I suppose

Series 4 (2019–present)[edit]​

On 13 December 2018, Amazon announced that The Grand Tour had been renewed for a fourth series. With this, Amazon and the team have retired the current studio and audience format, including talk segments like Conversation Street, track and lap time content on The Eboladrome and other smaller features, in favour of films dedicated to road trips and adventure specials.[36] The new format focuses on these individual adventures which see the presenters travelling from one location to another in a selection of vehicles they have chosen for the task, in a similar manner to the feature-length specials of Top Gear, though expanding beyond cars. The first special "The Grand Tour: Seamen", was set on the Mekong Delta in Cambodia and Vietnam and was released on 13 December 2019.[37][38] The second special, set in RĂ©union and Madagascar and entitled "A Massive Hunt". was due to be released on 18 December 2020 but was released a day ahead of schedule on 17 December 2020.[39][40] A further special was filmed in Scotland beginning in October 2020, but no release date has been set and filming for another special that was set to be filmed in Russia in mid 2020 had to be postponed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.[41]

The show's tweet comes after May's revelation last month that he might not do the show for "much longer".

"I'm in the second half of my 50s now and in all honesty, I'm slightly falling apart," he said. "I'm developing nervous disorders and aches and I don't think I'll do this much longer because I don't want to fall apart in public.

"It would just be a bit undignified and I don't think people want to see it. There's almost certainly more of it behind us than in front of us. How long do you want to see old blokes?"

Yeah I like the epic adventures but the fact that they are sooooo far apart is annoying tbh. And the cars for the latest one was a very varied mix. Loved the shows where the producer's gave them a budget to work with and had to buy them locally. Not Bentley continentals.....

Back