Tax Hike

briancollins

Octane Boostaholics
Increasin by 9.5% lads :angry:
Fags up €0.30c :angry:
VRT..? Depending on C02 emmissions?? :ponder:

Shower of F!*kers :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I cant believe they increased our already high road tax to fund their pay increases

They've already funded their increases - this is for the end of year bonus. :dance: :angry:

To this end, Mr Cowen said that from July 2008, the VRT rate applicable to cars registered will be determined by the carbon dioxide emission rating of the car and will no longer be related to engine size.
Advertisement

A seven band CO2 emissions system - A to G - will apply. Seven VRT rates, ranging from 14% to 36% will continue to be applied to the open market selling price of the car, he said.

Mr Cowen said this measure is not designed to penalise people for their lifestyle choices, rather it is about providing them with opportunities and incentives. 'Since this measure is not aimed at raising money, but rather to assist the environment, the intention is that it will be broadly revenue neutral,' he stated.

Whats engine size got to do with emissions?

The subaru will be in the highest bracket anyways! 36%!!! :eek:mg: We'll have to try fit some more cats along the exhaust!! :D :dance:

Do they actually think we don't know they taking the piss...?? I'd like to see them pay VRT, Road Tax and all other taxes we pay - and then ask us to pay.

What's good for the Goose, is good for the Gander. :angry:

can someone please answer me as to how the hell there is vrt when it is supposedly illegal :ponder:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4509.msg48037#msg48037 date=1196926657]
can someone please answer me as to how the hell there is vrt when it is supposedly illegal :ponder:

[/quote]

Because we has a nation like to bend over and take it up the rectum. We dont complain and we dont protest. And thats why the government will do what ever they please.

lol look at Bertie he's as corrupt as they come and when he gets caught out all he's gotta do is cry on television and everyone forgives him.

if every driver or driver groups staged a blockage or a stop every few weeks or days then the country would stop and then the government would have to think twice about the tax and other assorted c**p we have to pay for, it happened in the uk a few years ago with the petrol tankers when they went on a go slow and strike it crippled the country for days and the government eventually gave in why dont people just stand up to the government anymore for christ sake we vote the ba****ds in there and they come crawling at election time. :angry: :angry: :angry:

i understand what your saying but the problem in ireland is people have no social agenda at all..no one gives a fcuk..hardly anyone votes..so when we complain about things that affect our pockets..whihc is they only time anyone complains... it falls on deaf ears cos we do fcuk all about anything..In France when they don't liike something they take to the streets and let them selfs be heard...if you organised a mass protest with cars people would bottle it..they might show up but as soon as the Bizzies arrived they'd be on their toes..you would need everyone to sit on the 50 and turn their engines of on a tuesday mornin at 7:30-8 am for at least an hour..BUT who's gonna go into work late and tell there boss they were protesting?

same oul ireland , same oul sihte,
big fish get bigger and us minnows get chewed up and spat out, sure dont u think we d be used to it by now!!!
fcuk bertie , cowan and the rest of them there shirt wearin , pillow bitin , bum bustin, cake eatin muda -fockers.
jus live ur life , be happy, and fcuk the money grabbin bsatards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over

but if it is illegal why doesnt the head of europe do something :dunno:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4509.msg48037#msg48037 date=1196926657]

[/quote]

VRT isn't illegal technically, the EU has not got the powers to interfere with a countries taxation so while the eu may not agree with vrt it is at government level that the decision to scrap it has to be made and lets be honest here with the amount of revenue it generates it is almost a certainty that it will not be abolished anytime soon

ok looking through this thread 2 things are clear we all hate the government,vrt,road tax and the state of the roads and secondly we are just too damn lazy to do anything about it (not people on here but the general public as a whole) so what i am about to propose is radical and may just get ridiculed for it but here goes anyway why dont we all get together on here and start our own political paty :wazzup: the isdc political wing and run in the next general election slogans could go along the lines of a drivers party for the drivers or the peoples party for the people (see where i am going with this) and when not if we get into power then we can get rid of vrt, lower car tax, demand workers and construction companies to deliver a road system on time or before and they get a bonus education seems ok as it is no need to change that, health service simple a no drunks rule on the weekend for a&e if they get drunk and fall over tough it will teach them not to do it again and ship people that are on a waiting list to other countries, ban all pickles on burgers in fast food places and bring back corpral punishment ( for this its simple first time offence we shoot you in the foot, second time offence we shoot you in the hand third offence we shoot you dead). as this is going to be a democracy i am open to other sugestions.

so what do you say lads are you with me on this one the i.s.d.c for the next government :subaru: :subaru:

Back