Swift sport track car

No point starting with a bad one. I?d track it then get addicted and race it[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too good to track :thumbsup: sell it and buy a cheaper 1 with a bit of damage and spend the rest on upgrades :thumbsup: and go faster bits :icon_grin:
There a good handling car :clap::thumbsup: and the lads have said. Sticky tyres are the key

Funny you should mention, my one is for sale, ?1800.

Can't go wrong with that price :clap::thumbsup:

im not buying any more cars lads :thumbsup: Unless it's an s202 :icon_biggrin:

thread tidied up . Sorry for going off topic

Last edited:
And so it starts again
Havnt even had a day out in it yet but came across some bits and couldnt resist
Omp seats momo wheel and a pair of harnesses
Gonna make seat mounting brackets onto original rails so should all be in by the weekend
Gonna have to fab a harness bar too think i have some t45 at work should do the trick
Also looking into tyres ns2 r trying to do a deal on these and possibly a brake mod with larger disc and better pads and fluid
Oh yea i gutted most interior bar the dash

Last edited:
Cool work man, I'm missing out with the whole track experience. I have a little '94 Clio at home, might just ****in gut it over the summer for the buzz, see if I can get it going. Won't make any good track times but would be cool to have lol threatening this with a long time ????

That?s going to be some craic on the track man
Should be fun alright
Ive a nasty plan forming in the back of my head involving a spare tdo4 i have a intercooler from my mr2 turbo and possibly even a hotwired alkatek ecu which is lying about a seemingly the injector upgrade for a swift is 440s from a wrx happen to have those too

Should be fun alright
Ive a nasty plan forming in the back of my head involving a spare tdo4 i have a intercooler from my mr2 turbo and possibly even a hotwired alkatek ecu which is lying about a seemingly the injector upgrade for a swift is 440s from a wrx happen to have those too

I like your thinking [emoji23]

Well been off work now for over a week and getting some but never enough time in the garage
Decided to paint the inside of the car and while j needed a harness bar i decided to go a little further and fab a half cage for her
Seat brackets made onto original rails and now all is gutted out for the inside to be painted white hopfully tomorrow
Took lots of time to get the cage just right but got the bends right first time by making a small box section template with laser cutting not an option these days all brackets and feet are hand fabricated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200413-205449_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-205449_Gallery.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20200413-205509_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-205509_Gallery.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20200413-205419_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-205419_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200413-205308_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-205308_Video Player.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200413-205538_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-205538_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Both the cage and seats are class , what pipe you using for the cage ?
38mm seamless tubing its got 2.5 or 3mm wall i think
Not quite wrc spec but its strong and wont split
Had it lying about from i built the buggy frame a few years ago
Also only a half cage as ive only one 6m length left :)

38mm seamless tubing its got 2.5 or 3mm wall i think
Not quite wrc spec but its strong and wont split
Had it lying about from i built the buggy frame a few years ago
Also only a half cage as ive only one 6m length left :)

Cool , I?d love to give it a go .
Half cage is grand for what you?re doing and the power of the car , should stiffen things up nicely, would an x bar across the 2 wheel well pick up points be of any addition? Or even just a harness bar?

Back