Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polished metallic is lovely IMO. I've seen photos of a red one with a Carbon Fibre boot, spoiler and black trimmings. Looks very very nice together.

Octane booster leaves a red residue on your sparks / turbo outlets.. I dont know if I would continue to use it long term.. i used NF for 2 months prior to remap and this was the result, spark plugs were redish aswsell

Well what amounts were you using? I have 5 bottles of nf in the boot didnt used it yet not sure should i or not as cant afford remap just yet

Well what amounts were you using? I have 5 bottles of nf in the boot didnt used it yet not sure should i or not as cant afford remap just yet

Ran mine on NF for over two months and no issue (red street use bottles).

very tempting but you know you'll be putting down another 2k just on a rebuild if the misfire was caused by a problem in the engine ! my misfire was electrical and i spent abt 700€ just on diagnosis !! people telling me its the engine thats gone and i req. a rebuild @ the end it was a lousy wire with bad connection !! (thank God) ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just quickly-
wrx ra = standard wrx with a few RA bushings here and there, heavy centre diff, short ratio box, short shifter and lsd, climate control, airbags, nothing really "sti" about them.

an sti ra has the dccd, r180 rear, cams/heads/crank/etc, ecu, + all the other sti fruit.

a sti ra vlim has all that + radio, climate control, airbags etc

very tempting but you know you'll be putting down another 2k just on a rebuild if the misfire was caused by a problem in the engine ! my misfire was electrical and i spent abt 700€ just on diagnosis !! people telling me its the engine thats gone and i req. a rebuild @ the end it was a lousy wire with bad connection !! (thank God) ❤️

U were lucky there uncleZ usually its the other way around :smile:

U were lucky there uncleZ usually its the other way around :smile:

ohh very lucky, credits go to the previous owner robwrx i assume his name was i saw a post of him saying he sold the car to me, in fairness he did look after the vehicle properly !, and he was correct about me not knowing much about the boxer engine. well you live and learn and i have learnt it the hard way and i have found good people and good advice, thank you isdc members and staff :)

As we all do learn the hard way and i also when conrod nr3 stuck up in the middle of the roundabout over a year ago :icon_grin:

700 euro for diagnostics
WOW at least they found it in the end
I assume the electrical part that required replacing was part of the 700 euro they charged you ?

700 euro for diagnostics
WOW at least they found it in the end
I assume the electrical part that required replacing was part of the 700 euro they charged you ?

no it was a total of three mechanics trying to figure out what it was from three diffrent garages, you see i was not convinced from the first two mechanics as they had diffrent things to say, so i took it to a third 'electrician' who comfirmed what one of the mechanics was saying and i gave him the go ahead for the job, so the total bill was two mechanics labour, one of which carried a compression test changed the plugs, i bought an injector as well as we suspected that then, it was hectic, the guy who did it pulled out the whole fuse box and we checked every wire using an ohm meter to see which wire has no current and we cought one wire out that had no copper connection mid way the length of the wire, that took about three and a half hours so labour and charges and my babe needed attention so I had to give her what ive got lol, joking aside it was a nightmare and id never wish it on anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back