Rally Ireland thoughts

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
just wondered what people think so far.. got two stages in Arigna today.. very good day huge crowd around.. very slippery roads . pity gronholm is gone so early it would have been good fight with Loeb... its a pity Subaru don't have the car to complete with them boy now but Solberg is keeping the flag flying..

Was at Lough Gill. It was canceled after about 8 cars first time after Gronholm went off. Then second time around it was canceled after about 30 cars  :doh: after Meeke went off. I had a good corner to watch it from but they were slowing down way too much  :ponder: Thought the speeds would be higher. Sordo was very good :thumbsup:

they have never seen roads like it before, i remember marcus in galway saying that the more cars go over the stage the more moisture comes up and he had never seen that before, pity he is gone alright, how is the organisation, thats the key factor for 09 cause im sure the drivers are havin a ball and would love to come back

[quote author=Paulo link=topic=4340.msg46028#msg46028 date=1195297652]
I watched RTÉ's coverage last night and have to say... way too much chat and not enough action. Disappointing to say the least :(
[/quote]

ya have to agree with ya there

was in Belfast on Thursday nite. RTE F***ED it right up on a world stage. the ONLY thing RTE has to do was to have a live feed for an hour and they couldn't do it. the can show 3 live GAA matches in a day with no problems but when a "MINORITY" sport is involved they don't giv a crap. over 50 million people probably watched Eurosport on thursday nite only to see the broadcasters apologising for the lack of picture due to RTE in my words being IDIOTS. how can we expect to be taken seriously as a nation LET ALONE SERIOUS CONTENDERS to re-host the WRC if we can't do something as simple as get a TV feed. MEXICO can do it, New zealand can do it why can't this supposid wealthy nation do it. sombody probably tripped over a plug lead and that was the problem.

Sorry Thats my rant over.

Special stage. Brilliant. was right at the Start finish line.

Left Belfast and went Straight to the Geevagh Stage. had 2 brilliant days. taking a break today due to lazyness and lack of sleep ha ha.

overall i'd have to say it's been a great event so far apart from a few snaggs.

do i think Ireland will get the WRC again. Probably not. Hopefully we do but i'm not sure.

[quote author=Paulo link=topic=4340.msg46028#msg46028 date=1195297652]
I watched RTÉ's coverage last night and have to say... way too much chat and not enough action. Disappointing to say the least :(
[/quote]

And the Chat was desperate IMO. Like watching paint dry listening to those guys.

I agree RTE's coverage is crap, could be a hell of a lot better, less chat more action.

RTE, my god. Yesterday we were given 8 min's of coverage, in a 1 hour programme, and today it was 5 min's in a half hour, 2 frigg'n chat shows. Eurosport is a lot better.

John

I think the roads they picked were shocking, its supposed to be a tarmac event some of those statges looked like a forestry rally, gravel and mud through bogs, not suitable for WRC machines. I think the number of casualties reflects this and will be sure not to return. :(

Also agree with the comments of rte its a joke.
And the 2 boys on the panel just keep saying the same stuff.
I taught the first nights footage was good but the rest has been crap. :angry:

Could'nt agree wit thedoc more!the stages are ridiculous and they only had two pre-runs over the stages making it even worse!The number of casualties is crazy!
As for RTE... :angry: :angry: :angry:
Hopefully RPM will have good highlights :pray:

Just Back. Great time. Roll on next year :dance:
RTE are a bunch of tossers- wouldn't happen during the friggin All ireland or the donkey racing from Punchestown :angry:
Cheers
John

Lads just want to reply to all the bad comments about RTE its not there fault the extension lead would not reach to the west of Ireland.
What a bunch of tossers :angry:

what are you talkin about daveR and the doc. ireland is probably the most unique place on this years wrc calendar just for the surface and conditions alone. that arigna stage would sort men from boys anyday.

your point about reccing is from where, they had the same amount of runs over any of the new events this year, it just comes back to our world famous tarmac lanes that casualities were as they were

im not watchin tele but the comments about rte sound typical and saddening

just on the comment about the conditions of the roads.....

yes conditions were very tricky and there was a lot of mud on the road but these drivers are supposed to the the BEST rally drivers in the world and if they can't adapt to the conditions then should they really be in the cars in the first place.

these drivers should revel in the tough conditions.

Clive is spot on about the Arigna Stage and i'm fairly sure he's taken some of those corners Flat out himself :lol:

I agree Ireland has unique stages but compare what they are on to Galway Cork 20 or the rally of the lake stages, superior tarmac and scenery, i was watching it last night and they were basically going throug a bog with grass in the middle of the road. I just think they could have picked better stages, tarmac should be tarmac. Stages like that were ran a few years ago, its on one of the annual dvds where Andrew Nesbitt is interviewed and his comments were roads like that are unsuitable for WRC cars.

Back