piston heads advert.....to good to be true?

So I was still bored and sent a reply.... If I get a reply back I'm guessing it will be either the car is sold, or the premises is so big bla bla bla... Or more likely I won't get a reply lol..

My reply....

Ok that sounds great.. I understand how you have found your time has been waisted in the past.
Before I agree to send funds
Could you do the simple task of placing an A4 size sheet of white paper, with today's date and the name Ken on it on the bonnet at the air scoop and on the drivers seat and take a picture and send it to me.

It's something I have had to do in the past for potential buyers.. A very simple task that offers great reassurance.

Regards

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43771.msg504576#msg504576 date=1422284463]
So I was still bored and sent a reply.... If I get a reply back I'm guessing it will be either the car is sold, or the premises is so big bla bla bla... Or more likely I won't get a reply lol..

My reply....

Ok that sounds great.. I understand how you have found your time has been waisted in the past.
Before I agree to send funds
Could you do the simple task of placing an A4 size sheet of white paper, with today's date and the name Ken on it on the bonnet at the air scoop and on the drivers seat and take a picture and send it to me.

It's something I have had to do in the past for potential buyers.. A very simple task that offers great reassurance.

Regards

[/quote]

Goodman ken, defo no reply to that

You would wonder is there actually people out there that fall for these..... If they do... It's kind of hard to have any sympothy for them really

the missus works in the bank and she says you wouldn't believe the amount of people that are caught by this sh*t or you've won €50M in the spanish lotto but we need €1000 euro to process your claim, or some guy has died and left a few million behind him but has no heir so we chose you all you have to do is pay the fees.

Jesus the mind boggles Seanie... More money than sense they must all have

sure didnt an irish TEACHER got done before a few years back and it was on crimewatch

you would expect a teacher to know better but he didnt and sent money a few times.

some people out there are pure idiots

I personally know aof a lad
who handed over 26k euro i think it was for a audi 16 on carzone
the owner had gone back to germany blah blah blah
was priced lower than any other one and all that
paid for the car western union too :facepalm
people will get caught out as there just blinded by saving a few quid
nothing for nothing in this world

I just thought the add was a little odd. I'm very surprised a reputable site like piston heads let's this kinda stuff go on. The mind boggles

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=43771.msg504590#msg504590 date=1422299519]
26k by western union. My god.
[/quote]

absolute plum
i think it was on primetime
happend in 2007 / 2008
property developer trying to save a few quid when things started going south
think he fooked over all the small suppliers he had so was Karma in a way

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=43771.msg504588#msg504588 date=1422297964]
I personally know aof a lad
who handed over 26k euro i think it was for a audi 16 on carzone
the owner had gone back to germany blah blah blah
was priced lower than any other one and all that
paid for the car western union too :facepalm
people will get caught out as there just blinded by saving a few quid
nothing for nothing in this world
[/quote]
More money than cop on me thinks

Know of someone who received mail advising her her daughters rental car was involved in an accident and was a bill of €3500. Was told her husband (glass decanter) was in car but not damaged and was being held as colleteral

As her daughter was touring South America and had advised her father that she had decanter for him and sent pics via Internet cafe

Seemingly her email was hacked and they were able to string parents along until payment was made.

Told me ould one if anyone ever rang looking for money to tell them they could get me lock up

:smokin:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43771.msg504605#msg504605 date=1422309484]
Still awaiting that reply with picture lol
[/quote]
Like waiting for the lotto numbers you'll be waiting a long time

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43771.msg504608#msg504608 date=1422310429]
I bought it ????
[/quote]

no you didn't I bought it money sent and all.. should have it next week

Back