piston heads advert.....to good to be true?

If you need to ask that question..... You know the answer already lol

Well I'm not as in the know of most on here but it's half the price of all the others with the same year and spec..
That's why I'm asking I don't know.

Why not just ask what's wrong with it if its too cheap? See what the owner says. How much cheaper is it?

Of course it could just be a typo..

Seen that car on pistonheads a few months ago for similar money so hasn't sold yet even at that low price

I think thats a scoobynet members cars. check on there might be something on it

Lads come on, the gearbox is worth around 2k, engine close on 2k and that's without anything else.... Even if there was no engine or box in it it's worth more than the price.... I'd say it should be 14k

A car check will cost you 15 quid. If your only going to spend 4.5k on a car of that caliber 15 quid is cheap is it not? ?

Here's the reply I got to email... Suprise suprise lol
#################################

Hi,

First of all we want to thank you for your interest in this car. I've almost reached an agreement with a potential buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay, for the moment. The car is still available for sale, it is in extremely good condition,100% HPI Clear, full service history. Currently I am on a business trip to Italy and will have to stay here for about 6 months (this is why I am selling the car for a low price and I am looking for a fast sale to finance the Italian project ). I left the car in Greywell Transport custody ( www.greywell-transport.co.uk ) and they will handle the sale for me. The V5 log book is already signed on my behalf, the car will come with 2 keys, all service records and previous MOT's. Greywell Transport will deliver the car directly to your home address and I will pay all delivery expenses.
If you are interested in purchasing the car just contact Greywell Transport department that handles the sale directly at: info@greywell-transport.co.uk and they will assist you with any questions you might have regarding the transaction
When contacting the Greywell Transport please specify my name ( Lisa Roberts ) and the car make and model.

Thank you

Out of utter boredom I decided to waste 2mins and email the Company about the car expressing my interest lol.. The reply

Thank you for your enquiry regarding this veh​icle.
Vehicle SUBARU IMPREZA (IM5) WRX STI TYPE UK
Year 2006
Price £4,400
Miles

You're in safe hands when you buy using Greywell Transport services.
Pay for your vehicle and have it delivered directly at your home address for free! With our new online buying system 7,142 sales were made via Greywell Transport in the last year,a total of £3,771,254! Given our vast experience in selling vehicles we will offer you a 100% safe,fast and pleasant transaction. Greywell Transport provide reliable & efficient vehicle transport services with a fleet of single & multi vehicle transporters operating daily throughout the UK & Europe.
We confirm that the vehicle is in our custody, it has been fully inspected by our technical support team and it is in very good condition. All documents are present and in perfect order.
All vehicles sold using our services:
-Have a Full Service History
-Are fully HPI Clear
-Have a minimum of 6 Months MOT
-All vehicles supplied with 3 months warranty
-7 days free driveaway insurance
We are afraid that due to the temporary lack of personnel and due to previous bad experiences we had with a lot of undecided customers just wanting to test drive and not to buy we do not organize private viewings or cash on delivery.
Please allow us to explain you the 4 steps of the transaction :
1.PAYMENT- To verify you are a serious person and genuinely interested in purchasing the vehicle you will first have to send the payment for your transaction by bank to bank wire transfer to our Buyer Protection bank account.

2.DELIVERY- After your payment is successfully received and verified we will deliver the vehicle to your address. We will organize and start the shipment the same day your payment has been received and the delivery will take maximum three working days.

3.INSPECTION- On delivery you will benefit of a 48 hrs inspection period of the vehicle before deciding to purchase the vehicle. During the 48 hrs inspection period you can have the vehicle inspected by your local garage or have it AAA/RAC verified, we absolutely welcome any checks you want to perform on the vehicle and documents.

4-SALE COMPLETED/REFUND- Only if the inspection is 100% satisfactory and you will decide you want to keep the vehicle we will forward your payment to the seller's bank account and the sale is successfully concluded.
If, for ANY reason, you will refuse the vehicle we will refund your full payment immediately to your bank account or in cash right there and then and collect the vehicle from you (absolutely no extra charges for you).

This is a 100% secure system for both buyer and the seller because we will release your payment to the seller only after you have received and inspected the vehicle.
If you want to take the deal to the next step all you have to do is to send exactly the following information:
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
County:
Post Code:
Phone Number:
Once your details will be received we will send you the official payment invoice for your transaction

**To send your details simply reply to this e-mail

Please decide quickly if you will buy it or not as a few potential buyers have expressed interest and our golden rule is first come first served.
We trust you found our service helpful, comprehensive and easy to use.
Please remember Greywell Transport next time you or a friend are looking for vehicle transport, Inspection or vehicle storage

Kind regards,
Greywell Transport team
For any kind of questions please feel free to contact us by replying to this email
This message was brought to you by Greywell Transport team​​​​

Back