New fuel from Maxol (not E85)

I've ran a good few tankfuls through now at this stage. I reset my ECU over the weekend while I was fitting a new steering column. Some difference now I can tell ya. Engine will pull like fcuk right through the rev range to the redline no problem and very quickly as well. It wouldnt do this with 95ron and lucas, it would struggle at 6500rpm Throttle response is great. No hesitation whatsoever.

I've found the same in mine kbox, though I've only used 2 tank fulls... nearest Maxol is miles away but I reckon it will be well worth the trip :D It's like driving a different car altogether :thumbsup:

There's some difference alright. Its put the fcuuuuuuuuuuukin hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll factor back into car for me

Guys, I have recently bought a 00 B4 from Japan. Great car. Haven't noticed any 'knock'. I know the car hasn't been remapped. Any advice regarding mapping, use of E5 fuel and whether i should be using Octane Booster with E5?
Alan

on second tank now lads and theres big difference! pull stronger at higher rpm! and runs smoother i ran first tank with lucas and second without! second tank felt like no difference! to be honest it has to be 99ron casue my car has never run so well!

on my 5th tank now,originally running with a 95 + lucas map, getting boost up to 1.31 and knock levels of 11, still no probs, very happy camper. :dance:

@ scoobyke! but your mapped for 95+luco yeah? so you should defo not have any probs like your running at least 1 ron more than your car is mapped for!:)

yeah mapped for 95+...but you know yourself you still be afraid when it comes to you pride and joy... :thumbsup:

yeah big time i was nervous at first so in went a full bottle of luco! me ecu is mines so id say mapped for 101 there abouts but shes been run on 95 and booster for 2 and a half year and on the track and never missed a beat!

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3466.msg44859#msg44859 date=1194551655]
what were your knock levels on e5 and 95 + luco?
[/quote]

an exhaust change after the 95+lucas map saw levels into the high 20s and 30s. e5 + lucas giving me more boost and knock of 11.

Ive been running it a while now and its a godsend tbh..i had slightly lumpyness on the first turbo which has now gone..cant say ive noticed a lot of extra power but it does away with the need for lucas which is saving me 12 euro a fill

anything up to 35ish on pfc is safe i heard from martin tracey! yeah same dave first turbo had some hesitation when first tankfull went in!

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3466.msg44882#msg44882 date=1194554067]
anything up to 35ish on pfc is safe i heard from martin tracey! yeah same dave first turbo had some hesitation when first tankfull went in!
[/quote]

agree with you about the levels of around 35 on the pfc, but mine were much lower before the exhaust change and with the e5+lucas they are even lower now than with the origanal map of 95+lucas ,

just hope maxol do the business now and take over some of the shittier garages..their an irish company as well so good to support them

yup e5 seems tops! yeah defo support an irish company they have realy done the bussiness for us (99ron) even tho they might not know it!

Back