New fuel from Maxol (not E85)

we certinatly will buddie :thumbsup: ive been restricted beacause of our sh*t fuel! have few other bits to put on so will be alot faster! than shes gettin mapped! :subaru:

went to fill my bro's type r today in maxol baldoyle..put 25 in to her and said 25 e5 please ..the garage owner replys ah dont think we have it! i said what its plastered all over your pumps! he goes ah well i didnt put signs up! i was shocked with his attiude he just didnt care.. i took the head off him..so lads just becasue its labled dont mean they have it yet!

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3466.msg42335#msg42335 date=1192923767]
went to fill my bro's type r today in maxol baldoyle..put 25 in to her and said 25 e5 please ..the garage owner replys ah dont think we have it! i said what its plastered all over your pumps! he goes ah well i didnt put signs up! i was shocked with his attiude he just didnt care.. i took the head off him..so lads just becasue its labled dont mean they have it yet!
[/quote]

Hello Rourkey,

You have to take into consideration the lads which work in petrol stations....   :whistle:

They are Not all high Octane car fans....  :doh:

They may not know what is in the pumps / tanks....  :ponder:

I was filling up in a Maxol station for a good while, which had E5 (this was confirmed by Maxol's press office direct), the staff who worked there did not have a clue....

Cheers,

Michael

Do you recon the lad that drives the truck delivering the E5 does the stickers while he's there?
So the petrol station may not have even noticed!
Dan

Hello Lads,

I have been doing a good bit of work with alternative fuels for a few local authorities as of late. In part of this work we have found that a 5% mix of bio fuel in standard fuel does not even have to be notified to the general public.... as the fuel meets ALL EN standards with regards to spec, compliance etc, the EU's position is that you really do not need to know, as in theory you should not notice the difference in a standard car.....

A bit weird I Know, but for most car drivers a higher octane does not really make a difference.

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=damo link=topic=3466.msg42302#msg42302 date=1192908539]
i heard something shity about that fuel today .. i,m in the petroleum business.. water in tanks happens often and normally settles at the bottom so its easy for us service engineers to pump it out , however ! i here water mixes with this new fuel so anybody with older tanks in the ground mite have water in them its goin to be fun . my advice is to buy it from filling stations that are only a couple of years old.
damo
[/quote]

I've a circular distributed to the maxol stations advising them to get their tanks and lines checked prior to E5 being delivered. I'll upload it when I can find it

[quote author=kbox link=topic=3466.msg42359#msg42359 date=1192954443]
[quote author=damo link=topic=3466.msg42302#msg42302 date=1192908539]
i heard something shity about that fuel today .. i,m in the petroleum business.. water in tanks happens often and normally settles at the bottom so its easy for us service engineers to pump it out , however ! i here water mixes with this new fuel so anybody with older tanks in the ground mite have water in them its goin to be fun . my advice is to buy it from filling stations that are only a couple of years old.
damo
[/quote]

I've a circular distributed to the maxol stations advising them to get their tanks and lines checked prior to E5 being delivered. I'll upload it when I can find it
[/quote]

Re: Supply of Maxol E5 Unleaded Petrol
Dear Retailer
You will no doubt be aware that in order to take positive action to address the problem of
climate change, the EU, in 2005, introduced a Directive( 2003/30/EC) mandating the
introduction of minimum quantities of Biofuels in the motor fuels market. Earlier this year,
the EU reached a landmark political agreement to cut CO2 emissions in Europe by 20% by
2020. In response to the EU mandate, the Irish Government announced the introduction of a
Biofuels obligation to meet EU requirements.
As you know, Maxol has been at the forefront of the development and marketing of Biofuel
in the form of E85 Bioethanol fuel, made up of 85% ethanol & 15% Unleaded. To further
underline our commitment to the development of Motor Biofuel, and to meet EU CO2
emission reduction targets, Maxol plans to commence the supply of E5 Unleaded (Unleaded
with 5% Bioethanol) to the Maxol branded service station network in the near future.
Maxol E5 Petrol will fully meet the EU specification EN 228 for Unleaded in accordance
with the terms of EU Fuel Directive EC 98/70 revised to provide for biofuel content in
Unleaded Petrol. Maxol E5 will thus have the same fuel quality and integrity as standard
unleaded petrol. However, motorists using E5 will contribute to a cleaner environment as a
result of approximately 2.5% lower carbon emissions from their vehicle.
As always, Maxol places significant emphasis on the importance of maintaining the highest
standards of fuel quality. Prior to the introduction of E5, it is important that service station
petrol storage tanks and delivery pipework facilities are checked to ensure they meet the
quality requirements for E5, and specifically, are entirely water free. As with standard
unleaded product, it is important that all pipework and tanks are maintained by you at all
times to ensure that the ingress of water is prevented.
This cost of this testing, which will be carried out within the next month will be borne by
Maxol, and we’d appreciate your co-operation in this regard. In the event of any problems
being identified we will make direct contact with you and advise what remedial work may be
required to facilitate E5.
Finally, we look forward to your co-operation in the introduction of this new grade of
Unleaded which, when available countrywide throughout the Maxol network, will result in a
reduction of approximately 20,000 tonnes of CO2 emission each year.
Should you have any queries on this matter please do not hesitate to contact your Area
Manager.
Yours sincerely,
Des Duffy, Retail Manager – Ireland
MAXOL LIMITED www.maxol.ie

I filled up on the stuff today, well ive been using maxol religously for the past few weeks but this was the first time ive seen E5 on the pumps. Not sure if theres a difference, it sure feels better but im not sure if its in my head or not.

Anyway its the Maxol on the end of Walkinstown Avenue (i think) where it meets the long mile road next to the opel dealer.

nice one kbox .. i,ll look into in more detail on my side . We have service contract on all maxol sites . so any sticker and grade change ect would be carried out by us ( forecourt-systems) .

well lads i got a tank of this fuel yesterday and it makes a big difference not so much noticeable power but i have a detalarm fitted and when i gave it some boot i thought my detalarm was broken :lol: so i kept pushing and can rev a lot higher than i can with standard fuel which is fun :D

That's a good indication rob!! :clap:
It shows that it is defo better petrol!! :dance: :dance:
Dan

Well lads,today i got €20 E5,and 1/2 bottle lucas,car seemed ok no signs of my knocklink flashing etc...so hopefully its a good thing... :pray:

Great stuff Rob, IIRC your mapped for 95 plus half bottle of Lucas so really you should be able to run the 99 without any Lucas and still have no DET.

Damo

yeah...just wanted to try some of this stuff now,threw the lucas in just for a little piece of mind,if this goes well and no det...ill throw in some E5 with out lucas and see wat happens... :pray:

Another company up North that just mapped an EVO 7 from down here reckon they got the same advance as there 97ron fuel up there. In fairness that was on one car alone so really need to see the results on 10 cars before making a proper judgement as to how good it is or isent.

Damo

rite lads...i ran my car over the weekend with 1/2 bottle of lucas and full tank off E5...no movement off my knocklink... :thumbsup:
then today i have just put in €20 with out any lucas....and all seems to be good...started out in low boost and have worked my way up to the full boost setting and all is still looking good...knocklink has not lit up at all.... :pray: :pray:

Back