My99 and Me

Wide pipe makes no differance . When’s the last time it had a lamba sensor ? Are all the exhaust joints good with no leaks around the downpipe and up pipe

Wide pipe makes no differance . When’s the last time it had a lamba sensor ? Are all the exhaust joints good with no leaks around the downpipe and up pipe
Not sure about a new sensor… I’ve only had it recently so that’s a good idea. Few leaks were given new gaskets and sealed. Will look more at the down pipe might have overlooked there. Thanks for reply

Hi Anna, nice car best of Luck with it. I had exact same problem with my wagon when I bought it of previous owner last year. To be fair to him he replaced lambda sensor with new one 1st as 1st emissions reading was way too high and it was misfiring when idle,this brought it down loads on 2nd test but still to high for a pass so he then put in new spark plugs as old one's had a coating of octane boost on them. This brought it down again to about the reading you got and the misfiring stopped. Finally he did an exhaust/emmisions leak test this came back fine so sealed up any joints on the exhaust to be sure any says he put in replacement cat. It finally passed. As I said he did all this work as I purchased the car on the agreement it had a new test. Your very near to the pass mark so hopefully the next one is the pass one. Good Luck with it 👍

My pajero junior kept failing on emissions so I dumped a bottle of that gear into the fuel tank, can't remember the name but it helps clean injectors and lower emissions and it passed the following week.
Got it in 1stop in Letterkenny

I have a bottle of cleaner for engine oil (although it’s fresh) and petrol cleaner too will post the brand later. I think my main problem might be the ridiculous large bore exhaust pipe (nice sound but not efficient) confusing reading too…? I might pop up the fuel oxygen mix too to make it run a little less lean… must find out where the screw is to adjust it

The exhaust only lets out what the engine is producing so a smaller pipe will have it more concentrated 👍

Dipetane is probably what Gary got, but lamda sensor could be the issue
Yes, I cleaned it out… minute bits of particles and majority oil like substance. Ali seems to think it might be ok with a clean. Took ngk spark plugs out cleaned from MAF sensor coked up and set them they were spaced at 1.00 to .70… does that seem accurate ? cleaned air intake valve on top of carb also coked. Amongst an extra cat change

Back