My New GF8 Impreza Turbo Sport

Defis do the job. Be careful with eBay as many counterfeit ones circle around.

There are many "Defis" offered working standalone without a need of controller.. these aren't genuine Defis.. as the original ones always need a controller to operate.

The ones above look genuine though.

Defis do the job. Be careful with eBay as many counterfeit ones circle around.

There are many "Defis" offered working standalone without a need of controller.. these aren't genuine Defis.. as the original ones always need a controller to operate.

The ones above look genuine though.

And I think smaller lettering etc on fakes too I hear?

These came out of a mental RX7 with a big **** off GTX35 in it so doesnt seem like the kind of guy who would have fakes thankfully.

Think I payed about 970 for my defi stuff
Got the smaller controller it's handy fits in the coin tray out of the way.
You have some nice upgrade stuff there it will look class when all on

Think I payed about 970 for my defi stuff
Got the smaller controller it's handy fits in the coin tray out of the way.
You have some nice upgrade stuff there it will look class when all on

Aint cheap but is defo worth the money, hate cheap gauges.

Yeah I need to figure out where I'll put the controller yet, think i'll put the link display in front of ash tray.

Pods are expensive too! Would love a zero sports one but its about 330 quid before shipping from jap land.

Wheels and Tyres going on today :) can't wait to see and feel the difference.

Been a while since I updated this, not a massive amount to add but will be lots done over next few weeks all going well.

I guess in order of whats been done earliest, fitted an STI Group N pitch mount - genuine item all the way from Japan. Saved a few quid going this way rather than the same thing from UK sellers. Waited an extra week or so and had about 20 quid in my pocket.
Handy to fit, off TMIC, unbolt old one, slide in, tighten up, back on TMIC. Small bit of extra gearbox noise first few miles - now theres none i notice. Can notice less pitching however.

Then I finally replaced the passenger side wheel arch trim. Handy job naturally but I'd only been staring at the trim for weeks without bothering to go at it.

Next up - Polybushed the steering rack. For the sake of the 35 quid or so, i think well worth doing. Steering feels much more direct and its not a hard job, but drivers side bush is a bit of a mare. Wear goggles! I left mine at home, loads if shite in my eyes when under the car. Can be done in half an hour if competent. Watch for bulges when tightening the bracket on drivers side.

2 weeks ago, a mate of mine I share the shed with who is a pro detailer went at the car, gave the outside a claybar, deep clean and wheel polish, and a wax. Brought it up hugely. Still a long ways to go, needs a full compound but its more presentable now and the blue looks much deeper.

The missus got me clear repeaters for xmas (how thoughtful) so threw them on Stephens day. Very happy with the difference they make to the front end

I'd also sprayed the bumper wedges black as you can see.

As I had the tools out i then replaced the intercooler Y Pipe and throttle body collar with silicone hoses. Looks sharper and can definitely feel better throttle response. No pics of this unfortunately.

Car then got dirty going to the Autocross in ladysbridge on the 27th :(

Last night I cut some carpet tiles to add some extra soundproofing to the boot. Just take a bit of noise out of the cabin at speed. God forbid I would put in the bung :)

Next up, loads of goodies:

My suspension is nearly complete - now just waiting on top mounts

My new rad, and assorted coolant hoses have arrived.
My new steering wheel has arrived - just waiting on the boss kit.
Super Pro gearbox cross member bushes - these will go on when the group N mounts arrive.
Polyurethane Mudflaps complete with prodrive logo. Might do these tonight.

Mudflaps pictured arent mine but is essentially the same ones.

Lots to do before the summer now.

Oil change in another hundred miles or so too I think.

Spray some oil or grease in the hole the shavings if they get inside any gap will start to rust in a matter of hours
Car looks class man fair play

Yes thanks for the link. It is in my mind list of things to do but l havent got around to do yet :thumbsup:

Back