15. Murt
16.Luke comisky
17. Vans
18.rob cork
19.Kiwi
20.johnny 5
21. johnny T
22. Kevin McLaughlin

lads this is gettin bad only 7 subaru drivers and over twenty onlookers,WHY???????????

Re: ISDC Trackday Aug 2007

Is it gonna be put back for another day? would like to do it with the lads from the club :dunno:

Yeah I reckon so. Where talking about it now. It doesent look good at the moment. We can try it again anyway and there may be something else on that will be alot cheaper and still give you some track time. Its all be discussed at the mo.

KIRKISTOWN

Its a cracking track,not as hard on your car,and faster bends.If your not putting your car on the track,at leaset ye get a brill drive to it,including a ferry across(5-10 minutes).No bullsh1t politics about the BBQ being not allowed as they dont do catering.Better organised in my opinion.

ps. i'm still doing Mondello,P4SSYS :D

Dont worry Alan where going to try again, Aug might not be the best time of the year.

I booked and paid mondello ages ago! and the next trackday isn't till end of october  :cry: and then not till march!! :cry: :cry: COME ON LADS
I personally think mondello is much better than kirkiston which wears your passenger side tyres very quickly and by the time you drive up and back from there the money you'll have spent on petrol would cancel out the extra cost of mondello!
can some one start a new list of poeple who are defo going!
Dan

Please let me know by Thursday night if this is still going ahead . I'll only be going if there's going to be a few more club members there . If it is happening I'll make my payment in the club shop .

I'm also booked into a track day in Kirkiston 2 days before this one & if this one goes ahead I'll cancel my Kirkiston booking as I can't afford to do both .

I have to agree with Alan , the Kirkiston track days are better - a lot more track time , better organised , better marshalled . The only attraction for Mondello is that it's a lot more challenging . As for distance , it's a good 2 hour drive to both places for me so fuel costs are similiar .

By the way , there's a mistake in the club shop - you've stated that the deadline for payment is MONDAY 20th July but the 20th is actually a Friday ! :nana:

[size=36pt]CANCELLED[/size]

No its now cancelled Derek. We will try it again another time.

i think one of the real reasons for people pulling out of this event is not what they can do to there cars, its what others can do!this in no way disrespect to forrestersti ,turbo or anybodyelse as only a few weeks back i was lookin to buy a track car but desided to remap the scooby instead and then do a few track days.
most lads here feel they couldnt trust other track users on the track days in this country ,and mondello is one of the worst for it,i seen some stupid people on the track,doing some stupid things,none of which hav anything to do with driving skills or gettin the best from your car,theres just not enough marshals and most of them dont take it serious enough to begin with.
the lads that have track cars know yourself that your track car is abused must more than you would abuse your day car or scooby.with most of the cars owned on this site costing from 5000 -50000 euro
lads dont want to put them on the track with cars that are only worth 500-upwards with lads driving them like there rodded,because thats the way i be drivin my track car.
i think the only way this track day thing is going to work is if mondello or anywere else lets just the club out on the track at once which means a bit of organisation and a bit of sweet talking.i dont know exactly how many cars go out in one session ,i think its about 15-20 cars so thats what we need.and ive said it before and ill say it again ,how the fook do we have over a hundred full members and over 300 forum users do we still only get the same ten guys wanting to do track days,ive been out with the club many times and have seen lads drivin there cars on the road just as hard as lads do on the track only the track is a lot safer and no more points on that licence of yours.and remember on the track you only have to drive as hard as you want to.
ill be honest with you this is how i taugh this track day was going to be run,so even if i wasnt gettin my car remapped two days before the track day i probably wouldnt have done it,for those reasons,so at the moment im lookin at doing the vip track day in oct, which you dont get muppets in the passenger seat doing mooners at there mates in the stand, while flying down the main straight with no seat belt on.

how do other people feel about this topic?????????????besides dave legacy :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Which session did you book for Alan? Wuld like to go out along with a classic STI so see if there's much of a difference.
Cheers
John

still havent booked yet,will be doing on monday,more than likely going to do morning sesision to save 50 yoyos.Gis a buzz if your doing the same
Alan

I'll still be driving at mondello as usual. It would be great to meet up with a few other isdc members!! :subaru:
I can understand your concerns about muppets in €200 bangers BUT the sessions are graded by cost of car and experiance of drivers!  So shitboxs driven by muppets are driving with other shitboxs driven by muppets(group c) and expensive cars are out with expensive cars!!(group a)
Now I'm usually out with the shitboxs because my usual track car is a 92 skyline :thumbsup:and I personally have never been crashed into or anything like that! but (if the wifey lets me) I'll be driving the forester in group a or b ( because shes worth abit more than the old skyline) and I'm also going out in my work car( golf gttdi 200hp). such is my confidence that it can be perfectly save! and educational to learn what your cars do when they exceed their normal road limits!!
I really hope this ecourages people to have a go, maybe just a half day.
Dan

i have to agree with dan i've been doin trackdays 4 nearly 2 years and im also always in the d class c because its only a 92 prelude and i've found that if ur messing to much u will b brought in and told to stop and if you continue messing u will be told to go home.
The organisers down in mondello have been working hard 4 along time to cut out all messing and i think they do a good job.
If you are out on d track and u can c the car behind u is messin or u dont like the look of it just simply indicate and move over and let them by and go back to enjoyin drivin around at your own pace i know its easy 4 me 2 say all this as im usin a track car and not my road car but if it came down to it i would put my legacy out there.
Trackdays are a very enjoyable days once u use ur head.

Back