ISDC Trackday Aug 2007 - CANCELLED

Re: ISDC Trackday Aug 2007

1. Damo
2. Rob(scoobyke)
3. johnny5(only if i get the car remapped by then)
4. Keith
5. Dave Lewis
6. CARLO
7. Chris STI
8.Tractorman(ALAN)
9.JohnM
10. Huzzy
11.forester sti (dan)
12.chara555

ISDC MEET/ Spectator

1.Niallyboy
2.Michael Spec-C
3.Sc00by555
4.Norris!
5.WetPatch
6.Trevor M
7.Cally
8.Ericsti
9.Scooby Doo
10. Muckey Scooby
11. Kudz STi
12. ISB4
13. CamoMo
14. r_mehigan
15. Murt
16.Luke comisky
17. Vans
18.rob cork ???

Lads whoever wants to take part in the Trackday needs to get in touch with Mondello and get a registration form sent out. You will need to fill it in and return to Mondello with a picture of your car as far as I know. You also need a full licence.

Mondello / Jennie 045860200

1. Damo
2. Rob(scoobyke)
3. johnny5(only if i get the car remapped by then)
4. Keith
5. Dave Lewis
6. CARLO
7. Chris STI
8.Tractorman(ALAN)
9.JohnM
10. Huzzy
11.forester sti (dan)
12.chara555
13. Alan Ferguson

ISDC MEET/ Spectator

1.Niallyboy
2.Michael Spec-C
3.Sc00by555
4.Norris!
5.WetPatch
6.Trevor M
7.Cally
8.Ericsti
9.Scooby Doo
10. Muckey Scooby
11. Kudz STi
12. ISB4
13. CamoMo
14. r_mehigan
15. Murt
16.Luke comisky
17. Vans
18.rob cork ???

A video clip from my car at the May trackday at mondello to give the trackday virgins a taste of what it can be like.
bare in mind trackdays are only as hard on the car as YOU make them!!
there is a few more clips on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9VW3YDEyw
looking forward to seeing loads of scoobys out there! :subaru: still trying to convince the wife to let me take new forester out! :D
Dan

Think you might be on a lossing battle there ;)

Trackday Noob.
Can someone give me a idea as to what I would be getting myself in for if I signed up.....
Should I do a half day / how much wear and tear will it do to my car ?
Should I get anything done to my car prior to it ?
Do i need to bring a helmet ?

yes bring a helmet, dont completely drive the balls out of the thing and you'll be fine, maybe a second set of wheels and tyres for the day might be nice

hello fatherted,just go for the half day as it can be a bit much on the car and yourself as its hard unless your fairly fit.

brakes and tyres are the main thing ,have a look over your disks for any cracks or wear and if your pads are low your better off with new ones as the pads can wear quickly,if so go for some race pads of some sort eg,red stuff which will take the heat a bit better.ifyou are changing your pads do it about two weeks before the track day to bed them in.

on the day ;make sure you have 3/4 to a full tank of petrol, take everything out of your car you dont need eg.bottles of water ,anything in the boot,other wise theyll just be flying around the car

tyres wise if there in good nick youll be grand as youll only be giving it about 90% on your first track day

yes you do need a helmet ,open face or full face helmet will do and make sure you check all your wheel nuts are tigth.

make sure you do this day, it will be great and you will realise what your car can really do,like how often do you get to drive your car,for what there made for and not have to worry about loosing your licence

well put johnny.I'd also make sure you have very good brake fluid,like motul 5.1,it has a far higher boiling point than normal and will eliminate alot of brake fade.Another area would be again some motul coolant ,and check after each run your tyres,tyre presure,brakes and oil levels.After a couple of laps your tyres will be about 5psi higher.
Also when you come into the pits open up your bonnet,it really does help theengine to cool down,and dont put your handbrake on,it will just stick with the heat.HOPE SOME OF THIS WILL HELP YOU

Alan
:thumbsup:

At a Committee meeting last night it was decided that it would be the afternoon session that the club try get onto, Which is 200 euro. The Club will be giving the people taking part a 20 euro petrol voucher on the day. Also where having a meet there that day so hopefully everyone will come along :thumbsup:

Dont forget to register with Mondello ASAP because the Club will need the Money paid up front and well in advance. It will be an option in the Club shop shortly.

Cheers

Damo

something to add to the for sale add :lol:

,do the club know what the story is about how the day is going to go as in,are the club only on the track together or is it going to be a free for all with all makes out there and how come the afternoon session was picked .

has anybody got there form yet and if so have they sent it off allready

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=1948.msg26184#msg26184 date=1183053065]
,do the club know what the story is about how the day is going to go as in,are  the club only on the track together or is it going to be a free for all with all makes out there and how come the afternoon session was picked .

has anybody got there form yet and if so have they sent it off allready
[/quote]

Mondello may put people who are more experienced / have done trackdays before in one group together and people who are going out for the first in a slower group. They done that a couple times I was there. BUT if you ask you can swap groups. Ill ask them if its possible for us all to be in the same group and see what they think. I was thinking it would be better if the club was not in one group so that we could all watch eachother and there would always be someone from the club out on the track.

The reason the afternoon season was picked is because not everyone lives beside Mondello ( like I do :D ) or in Dublin and if the sign on time is 9am the lads from Cork or elsewhere would need to be up at 5am. Also the other reason was with this being a Club Meet aswell that 1 or 2 oclock is a better time for a meet and people will still be on the track. The other way the club will be finnished on the track by 12 or so. At least this way the day wont be over by lunchtime and im sure most will prefer to spend the afternoon there rather then getting up at the crack of dawn.

Damo

[size=36pt]IMPORTANT NOTICE[/size]
Ok lads you can now pay in the ISDC Shop for the Trackday. PLEASE pay ASAP to ensure that you defo get a place. Where hoping there will still be places by the closing date of 20 July but don't leave it till the last min IN CASE.

All Monies for participating members in the Track-Day at Mondello Aug 6th must be paid by no later than the 20th July You can pay via Pay-Pal
at the Club Shop or forward Cheque or draft to the below address.

Irish Subaru Drivers Club
c/o Niall Barry
Barrys Photographic Services
5 Pembroke Street
Cork
Ireland

Looking forward to seen ye all on the track.

ISDC committee.

put me down as a spectator...if any of the cork lads are making the trip up could ye let me know if ye will be driving in convoy so i can meet up with ye on the road somewhere...coz i havent a clue how to get to mondello.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah im sure there will be a convoy sorted and posted here before the day anyhow.

ill be a spectator as well how much will that cost? and ill be heading from wexford and also looking for a convoy

You pay 10 euro on the gate I think it is.

Back