Isdc track day 2016

That monaro is class

That Monaro is the anti-Christ reborn!!!

I tried with all my might for shy of 2 laps to keep him at bay.... It was like p1ssing into the wind the morning after a serious session on the sauce... Big Horn full bladder and could do nothing with it!!! No blurry head but I nearly ripped the indicator stalk off the car and hard right to let that monster past!!!

Serious pilot and car combo!!

Got to hear it flat though by me so I was happy :)

BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi lads we have decided to move this thread to the open forum as a lot of guys who attended yesterday are not members here and we want to be able to share the photos etc with those guy as without them the isdc trackday would not have happened .

I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who attended yesterdays track day it really was an epic event ,the buzz around the paddock all day was great to see, everyone looked to be having a great day .sorry if I didn't get to chat all of ye but it was an incredibly busy day for the committee and for Adrian dunne ,both myself and Adrian have put a lot of effort into this trackday for months previous to the event with our facebook track cars Ireland and also the isdc facebook page to see it go off without a hitch was great and the feedback we got from everyone really makes it worth while to have done ,its safe to say I was bolloxed last night and didn't even touch a camera to see what I have got on them .my mate dave was manning the camera around the circuit but we also had alex from amck photography on site for the day so as soon as I have those sorted ill stick them up here .the assortment of machinery on track yesterday was crazy some great cars old and new loud and quiet it really was a great day thanks to the club for the sub and for the grub . I think lads liked having the restaurant open for most of the day so we will definitely do that again . we would love to here all your opinions on the day and to see your pictures so please post everything here and roll on the next one .

p.s. special thanks to
Adrian dunne , scoobysub , Gordon , luke , mondello park staff

Well said dec i would just like to thank everyone also without the members and lads from track cars ireland yesterday wouldn't have went ahead
There was a cracking atmosphere and the day went smooth and couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise
Roll on next year

Sorry I missed this seemed like a savage day out. I won't miss the next one. Fair play to ye all. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to thank everyone who organised this great day.

Some serious cars, very well mannered on the track and a really relaxed day over all.

Cant wait for the next isdc day

Hearing all the subaru's gives me a horn for another one haha

That monaro was insane. I watched the dice between it and the race prepped exige s. I couldnt get over the monaro was as good in the corners. Serious pilot.

Well, My steering lack lasted 6 laps before it started pissing oil, so it was a short time on track for me this time around.
Nonetheless I was having a great craic chatting to a few guys and having some passo laps too.

Im totally happy with my car's current setup. It was the first time testing Porsche brakes on the track and I found myself to have braked too early before each of the corners lol They are awesome.
Im loving the Nankang NS2R tyres! After putting some heat into them they glued really well!

The Monaro driver was mental!

Thanks to Andy, Baz, Ross and Johnny for passo laps! A few funny moments with Baz and Ross were had :D
Johnny showed me good lines on the track, which I'm still learning.

I've stayed overnight and am writing this post from the track! Enjoying the motorbike racing right now, my mate was rebuilding his sidecar engine all night and we are testing it today.

Id like to add, that it was a great idea to invite trackcar ireland guys to our track day. Class people and there was no messing around.
My favourite car was the VW Scirocco. Perhaps because mk2 Scirocco is a special car to me personally and I have a sentiment to it.

Piotr

Last edited:
I was wondering what ended the day for you Piotr. Was hoping it wasn't after they noise tested you. Your anti-lag is savage.

Is the rack itself leaking? That hasn't done many miles on yours since you installed t?

No, they noise-tested me but I passed. Well, I was right on the limit :D I was wondering was my car so loud they decided to test me?

The steering rack started weeping about 6 months ago and I had a set of seals ordered. Just didn't have time to replace them. It was very tiny leak but I think the heat and track effort finished them up. Well one cannot always predict something like that.

Really great day yesterday with a sound bunch of lads and great cars. Thanks to everyone who made it and enjoyed the day. Weather helped too but the atmosphere was great all day. Big thanks to Dec Adrain luke and Gordon and all the lads who helped out for a great track day . Also the restaurant being open was great and food was top class and no need to head off unless you wanted petrol. Well done to all :clap:

firstly , massive thanks to all who helped make this day happen (including the weather ) . well appriciated .

first time my bug had seen mondello tarmac in about 3 years , so started slow and progressed through the day .pads and tyres were need upgrading for next time but great time had . 98% of track manners were perfect . great selection of cars there . few good dice's had .canteen idea was well recieved .

mr manaro must live close to me as he passed me on way home and only turned off 3 min from my gaf , some beast on those slicks . andys porsche, grahams spec -c , that elise, codders type-r ,the jeep sti ,jus a few that caught the spotlight for me .

got a good few lads out for passo laps and seemed to go down well .

she now needs a lil tlc after how it was treated yesterday , roll on next one .

Great Track day,:thumbsup:
Was absolute recked when i got home, And a bit sore this morning.
Massive thanks to all the organizers, wouldn't happen without you's.:clap:

The restaurant was a great addition and food nice.
Nice to sit out in sun have the lunch and a chat. (No panicking to go down the town, so could just chill).
Thanks to the club for the Sub. :clap:

Weather was great all day, could not of asked for better.

Was quite busy on track at the start but then it spread out nicely for the rest of the day.
I had some great spins in the afternoon.

I was extremely happy with the car.
Map made a big difference, 888's were savage and the DS2500 pads lasted till my last lap @ 5.20pm.
Took it easy home then.
Had to change out the pads today to another set i had, then wire brush all the brake dust and rubber around the area.
Empty out the car.
Gave her a wash, like new again and ready for next track day.

Great atmosphere and some savage cars out.

Some pictures and video's to follow.

Back