Isdc track day 2016

Loads of wear left in em Mark u need to get it down past rivets????

Serious Driving yesterday man car feels great ????????????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Didn't get much video yesterday as I retired early with gearbox trouble,but hears a few laps with my rear mounted camera.
Marty features in this for a few laps while I was doing my living best to stay in front,some great sideways action from him too[emoji106]

https://youtu.be/mfh0BtSwpqk

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

We have our TCI safety inspector feature at the start of this one[emoji23]Also Fdub and Martin in the red Celica,and near the end me and Dec in the PUKA have some fun[emoji106]
Watch how I "let" the Holden past[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
K-20 lotus and that Holden cars of the day for me[emoji106][emoji106]

http://youtu.be/dwk1EfbFBQY

Looks like another great Day
sure to be a home run this year for great events organised and attendance
well done to the Commitee and TCI for all the hard work that went in to this :clap::clap::clap::clap:

What a great day that was! By far the best track day I have done. I loved every minute of it and cant wait for the next one. Some serious cars there, but that K20 powered lotus was a stand out for me. What a car! I had some great runs out there and a few good battles too which makes it even more enjoyable. The Celica was great. I have a knocking underneath somewhere, sounds like its back midway which is weird.... I'm hoping its the exhaust hitting something. Other than that it was great. 139 miles on the clock at the end of the day!

Again, a massive thanks to everyone who played a part in the organising of the day. I went out front at one stage to say hello and Adrian and Dec had a crowd around ye so I let ye be. It was one busy day.

I didn't get much footage actually. I was using my phone and quickly ran out of storage. Ill post one or two laps below.

What a great day that was! By far the best track day I have done. I loved every minute of it and cant wait for the next one. Some serious cars there, but that K20 powered lotus was a stand out for me. What a car! I had some great runs out there and a few good battles too which makes it even more enjoyable. The Celica was great. I have a knocking underneath somewhere, sounds like its back midway which is weird.... I'm hoping its the exhaust hitting something. Other than that it was great. 139 miles on the clock at the end of the day!

Again, a massive thanks to everyone who played a part in the organising of the day. I went out front at one stage to say hello and Adrian and Dec had a crowd around ye so I let ye be. It was one busy day.

I didn't get much footage actually. I was using my phone and quickly ran out of storage. Ill post one or two laps below.

You were going great on Friday Martin!I ment to call over for a chat and maybe a few passenger laps but I don't think you left the track all day[emoji23]Great to see the car going so well and the times coming well down.Friday was so busy I had a sore throat from talking all day but a really good buzz,such a good bunch of lads in Mondello all day[emoji106][emoji106]

I had a great day, thanks alot guys.
The Megane ran faultlessly all day long thankfully.
Took a while to get to grips with the new front tyres.
A lot of nice machinery around and some good pilots too.
Had a great time following the HSV around for 4-5 laps, extremely impressed with it in the corners, not expected.
I'll never get tired of the sound of the subarus, sign me up for the next one asap

Was my first time on a track on Friday have to say I'm 100% hooked now!

Fair play to all who organised, brilliant day and well run.

Big thanks to joe for helping me in my times of need when my car had enough of its oil and a dodgy battery clamp [emoji23]

Unfortunately the car didn't come out unscathed and since Friday has become a bit of a blue smoke machine. Suspect valve stem oil seals but will dig deeper into it during the week.

Hopefully nothing serious!
The track puts a lot of strain on the whole car, and our cars aren't the youngest ones..

Like with the steering rack in my type-r.. Maybe 6 months ago I noticed it started weeping ever so slightly on the rubber boots, but it wasn't too excessive to be concerned about at all. After the 6th lap they started pissing oil like from the tap.. lol

I had a set of seals ordered a long time ago, so tomorrow the steering rack is coming off for a rebuild..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back