One set of priortities and rules!
George W Bush, :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :lol:
Dan

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Spot on there mate
hit the nail right on the head
:thumbsup:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=23227.msg278295#msg278295 date=1272672422]
bio ethanol is not actually sustainable thats why its not being pushed..you produce more co2 farming the stuff plus it would take up arable land that's needed for food producing thats why governements have abandoned it...renewable energy is wind, tidal and solar.

This idea that your going to make people work for their dole ...what qualified tradesmen?or layabouts what is it?...who going to organise them and frankly I wouldn't want to use any public amenities that weren't built or maintained to the highest standards.

And now you want to take free speech away?

The whole notion of lack consumer spending bringing the economy down is ridiculous who ever told you that is lying to you. Think about it logically how can a country who produce nothing have a self serving consumer economy? the money always flows out of the country...we where riding a wave of false credit and the bankers kept giving it out because you always have to pay them back...and if they don't get paid the government bails them out.
The monetary system as it is globally has to change, we need a system based on contribution not on inheritance and influence.

I've heard lots of complaints in this thread but how many of you are involved in your community in anyway to make it better...the real crime in Ireland is with the boom we did nothing for the people..no facilities for kids...no hospitals...because everybody was busy lining their pockets, buying up 2 and 3 houses..paying fcuk all tax and voting those gangsters back in because "well fcuk it I've more money in my pocket"...importing foreign workforce to do the work we won't do..but as soon as it turns sour its suddenly their fault.
This country was a proud republic built on the notion that Everyman had a right to freedom but Everyman is responsible for his own country in turn.
I quote the declaration of Independence
"The Irish Republic is entitled to, and hereby claims, the allegiance of every Irishman and Irishwoman. The Republic guarantees religious and civil liberty, equal rights and equal opportunities to all its citizens, and declares its resolve to pursue the happiness and prosperity of the whole nation and all of its parts, cherishing all of the children of the nation equally and oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past."

The republic is DEAD..it's now a bankrupt shopping mall.

[/quote]

A Reseacher form and RTE show called aftershock rang me today!!
She asked my opinion on a few economic issues, and I spend about 30minutes chatting to her,
She then asked me to come on the show as a member of the audiance that they could ask to hear my opinions on how to move on and make the country a better place to life in, live on the show!
:shock2: :shock2:

So, This seems like a good opertunity to air some genuinely good ideas!
So lets have some, On a serious note!

I was thinking
1. That anyone on full time dole/job seekers allowance,and that are not full time carers for kids, should have to work 1 week per month in any post that the authorities see fit, be that picking litter off the side of the road, or cleaning up play grounds, Renovating schools/hospitals,
Whatever, either way they are not sat at home 24/7
That would make constant productive use of 25% of the dole recipients all the time! it's is money that is being spent anyway!

2. And people are not patriotic anymore, Buy irish when you can, Employ Irish when you can! and appreciate those who do likewise!
And do not support the black market,, Especially if the black market trader does not in any way contribute to the econimy,
Fair enough if a lad does a nixer off the books at the weekend, if he is paying his taxs and stuff during the week and contributing something!

3. Cheer up for fook sake, the doom and gloom attitude of the media and hence the public does not help anyone! Suiside is a huge killer and drinking is a huge problem, both of which cost a fortune to deal with,

4. Squablling between parties, constantly underminds the publics opinion of the government, and hence the country! if FF say the sky is blue, FG shout "no, it's greany blue"
They each highlight eachothers short comings constantly, and that completely drains any confidence that the public has in there own country and if poeple are not confident then they will not spend there hard earned cash!
Maybe we could do away with Political parties for the time being, and just simply have whoever can do the job, just do it!

What else do you think?? or ammend the above!!
Dan

good points dan but dont agree with point 2!!!!
i shop where i want be it irish or not..its the governments job to stimulate the economy not the peoples...
they load the taxes on when uk drop theirs...its a no brainer...go north!!!
just my opinion!!!

@ dan that was my sister who rang you winding you up and you fell for it hook line and sinker :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NOT>.....................................................sorry bad joke , jus seemed funny at the time :doh: :doh:

Funny fooker :lol:
Nearly believed you for a second!
:1poke:
Dan

Sounds like a good opportunity to voice some opinions Dan and you have a few great points already so be sure to say the all :clap:

Just to throw my hat in, I think we need to export more. This country has very few exports outside agricultural that I know of, the main reason the country boomed so much is that we had a educated English speaking workforce that some large companies could take advantage of. we are also a member of the EU which made it easier.

With other new EU countries coming in with an educated English speaking workforce and working for half the cost, we ( the people ) are now too expensive to be useful.

Hence why the likes of Dell have packed up and moved to Poland.

With the atlantic coast and the prevailing winds at our never ending disposal, we should be investing in wind energy and hydrogen production. Both we can use cheaply ourselves and export to bring some money into the country. ( It also might deter the Brits from building the full quantity of 10 new nuclear plants as close as they can to us, if we can push the supply far beyond the demand)

People may ask where would we get the money from? But the government seem to be able to pull EUR54,000,000,000.00 out of thin air to bail out the banks quick enough, they could surely get another 2 to invest in wind farms and you can gaurentee the investment will pay back alot faster than the developers who own the 54 will :thumbsup:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Great idea Cill!

A Reseacher form and RTE show called aftershock rang me today!!
She asked my opinion on a few economic issues, and I spend about 30minutes chatting to her,
She then asked me to come on the show as a member of the audiance that they could ask to hear my opinions on how to move on and make the country a better place to life in, live on the show!
shock2 shock2

So, This seems like a good opertunity to air some genuinely good ideas!
So lets have some, On a serious note!

I was thinking
1. That anyone on full time dole/job seekers allowance,and that are not full time carers for kids, should have to work 1 week per month in any post that the authorities see fit, be that picking litter off the side of the road, or cleaning up play grounds, Renovating schools/hospitals,
Whatever, either way they are not sat at home 24/7
That would make constant productive use of 25% of the dole recipients all the time! it's is money that is being spent anyway!

2. And people are not patriotic anymore, Buy irish when you can, Employ Irish when you can! and appreciate those who do likewise!
And do not support the black market,, Especially if the black market trader does not in any way contribute to the econimy,
Fair enough if a lad does a nixer off the books at the weekend, if he is paying his taxs and stuff during the week and contributing something!

3. Cheer up for fook sake, the doom and gloom attitude of the media and hence the public does not help anyone! Suiside is a huge killer and drinking is a huge problem, both of which cost a fortune to deal with,

4. Squablling between parties, constantly underminds the publics opinion of the government, and hence the country! if FF say the sky is blue, FG shout "no, it's greany blue"
They each highlight eachothers short comings constantly, and that completely drains any confidence that the public has in there own country and if poeple are not confident then they will not spend there hard earned cash!
Maybe we could do away with Political parties for the time being, and just simply have whoever can do the job, just do it!

5. Use our Atlantic coastline and relatively unpopulated land mass to produce Wind generated energy, and Hydrogen!
Generate enough for our own needs so we don't have to import, and generate enough to export to the UK to help there energy needs, making Nuclear powerplants not as nessisery!

What else do you think?? or ammend the above!!
Dan

renovating schools and hospitals? And your a builder...would you have unpaid forced workers on your job site?
So who is going to supervise these workers? how are you going to guarantee the quality of their work? how much is a system like this going to cost to implement?
Think it through... people doing unpaid work aren't going to give a fcuk...what hospital or school is going to want a second rate paint job done? Have you ever seen community service in action? It's a farce at best..plus your going to have to cover their travel expenses and lunches.....you think people on the dole are living the high life?

Employ Irish where you can - If your running a business and you have an irish made machine that costs 100 euro a week and makes 20 boxes, your competitor has just bought a machine that cost 80 euro a week and makes 30 boxes..what do you do? Same applies for staff.

Export energy to the Uk..the UK have Scotland and the noth eats surround by the north sea..both areas full of windmills already

There are a lot of people full time on the dole, and also working away in the black market,
This makes it very hard for lads trying to operate legitimately, We are not just suplimenting our dole money!!

If you have 100 builders on the dole que,
Every week there will be 25 lads working on something at no extra cost to us, (except travel and lunch)
Maybe put some of those public servants that have nothing to do incharge of the 25 man crew, with the threat of halving there dole for poor performance!

I have only ever Employed Irish, up to 9 full time lads, and 12 sub-contracters, I know I would have been better off having polishing lads working longer and harder for less money, but I am patriotic!!

If not exporting energy, then just importing less will help (penny saved is a penny gained), and create jobs at the same time,

Dan

[quote author=nodge link=topic=23227.msg277752#msg277752 date=1272548636]
Jim Corr for Minister for Foreign Affairs
Sean Fitzpatrick = Minister for Finance
Paul McShane = Minister for defence
[/quote]

Reading that made sn0ts come out of my nose. 10 out of 10

It sounds great in Theory but its a logistical nightmare....if there's qualified builders, tradesmen collecting dole government should be encouraging small business to grow by tendering work to them....but they don't because large contractors can come in and do it better and cheaper.

All that aside people won't work for free...they are entitled to their dole or what ever benefits they get....it's typical of this country as soon as the bubble burst suddenly it's the middle class turning on the unemployed....everyone was happy to pay low taxes and buy 3 houses and fill their houses with sh!t they didn't need or want..... fact is during the tiger we all should of been paying more tax, especially the building trade, and it should have been reinvested in industry and public facilities...
We be better served educating our current work force/unemployed and creating some industry to place them in rather than making people work for their dole... how is that going to solve any economic problems? we want people off the dole and being productive not wasting their time painting fences like convicts.

It would remove a few lads every week from the black market!
That would instantlt help my business generate more revenue for our econimy!
While at the same time making use of lads who are getting paid to sat at home! I do begrudge them, as being self employed for 7 years, I am not entitled to the dole!!
I'll take a couple of dole recipients as free labour every week to help keep my business afloat
I'm sure a few other struggling businesses would do likewise! On the condition that we don't let anyone go to avail of it!
Did you know, FAS will pay me (I think €200per week) to take on a reduntant apprentice, On the condition that I don't let anyone go to avail of it! but I have to garuntee to see him through his apprenticship!
Dan

As you said, good ideas in principal!
keep them coming!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23227.msg279590#msg279590 date=1273099231]

Did you know, FAS will pay me (I think €200per week) to take on a reduntant apprentice, On the condition that I don't let anyone go to avail of it! but I have to garuntee to see him through his apprenticship!
Dan
[/quote]

That,s a completely different scenario...that's a back to work scheme..."don't let go to avail of it" I don't know what that means.

Think it means on the condition that he doesn't get rid of another apprentice just to bring in someone that he's getting €200 a week for... I think...

Dan

If you had the work for another apprentice it might be worth while taking on another 1 or 2!!!!

there are loads of people out there willing to get their hands dirty and do a days work!!!! Why doesnt the government recognise this and find jobs that keep getting put off or contracted out for big money and ask some of the Dole recipients to work 2 or 3 days a week doing these jobs? Give them an extra 100 or 200 euro a week for doing these jobs?

It would save the government money in the long run!!! They get a job done for a few hundred euro that would normally be contracted out to companies who charge them 5 times as much! People earn an extra few bob that they can use to cloth / feed their families! This in turn generates more money back into the shops who start to make profit again in the long run thus not having to shut down and more jobs are saved!

Does this make sense????

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23227.msg279615#msg279615 date=1273131915]
Dan

If you had the work for another apprentice it might be worth while taking on another 1 or 2!!!!

there are loads of people out there willing to get their hands dirty and do a days work!!!! Why doesnt the government recognise this and find jobs that keep getting put off or contracted out for big money and ask some of the Dole recipients to work 2 or 3 days a week doing these jobs? Give them an extra 100 or 200 euro a week for doing these jobs?

It would save the government money in the long run!!! They get a job done for a few hundred euro that would normally be contracted out to companies who charge them 5 times as much! People earn an extra few bob that they can use to cloth / feed their families! This in turn generates more money back into the shops who start to make profit again in the long run thus not having to shut down and more jobs are saved!

Does this make sense????
[/quote]

That's the way to approach it, your providing incentive as well...I'm sure people on the dole would appreciate this more than being forced into unpaid labour with no future.

I know if i was given the chance to earn an extra 100/200 euro a week if i was in that position thats what i would be doing!!!!!!
Helping ourselves out of this situation is the only way this country is going to turn around!!!! Our "Government" dont have a friggin clue!!!!

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23227.msg279573#msg279573 date=1273097257]
I have only ever Employed Irish, up to 9 full time lads, and 12 sub-contracters, I know I would have been better off having polishing lads working longer and harder for less money, but I am patriotic!!

[/quote]

Technically speaking....the above actually means that you're not an equal-opportunities employer and I suppose it could be read as being racist too???? But I'm sure Connolly, Clark and Pearse would be proud of your patriotism!!

Back