how would you fix the country

well both really , you can laugh at the fat lasses bopping away ,at the amount of cheap gold jewellery on show , and tracksuits being worn as haute couture ,

and then invariably get on the wrong side of a local knacker and get a battering ....

its all good really

[quote author=AlanMcB4 link=topic=23227.msg277769#msg277769 date=1272551478]
I think the government should invest billions into renewable energy. The debate about oil reserves is well known. If this government was to invest strongly into wind farms, wave energy (we have one of the biggest and probably the windiest coastlines in europe) this would create thousands of jobs and we could produce enough energy to support our own country in the next decade or two. Then we could begin to export this energy. Think about it we could be the next Emirite!!

But instead the government decides to put the money into a failed bank (Anglo), and no matter what they say their reasons are, the real reason I believe is so their mates won't lose out on their shares, or what's left of them..

[/quote]
My thoughts exactly :clap:

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=23227.msg277995#msg277995 date=1272582594]
well both really , you can laugh at the fat lasses bopping away ,at the amount of cheap gold jewellery on show , and tracksuits being worn as haute couture ,

and then invariably get on the wrong side of a local knacker and get a battering ....

its all good really

[/quote]

and you still live there because.....

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=23227.msg278001#msg278001 date=1272583342]

and you still live there because.....
[/quote]

i dont , i moved to clonmel ( a much classier setup altogether ) ....emm not .....

ah I see fond memories eh...thing about growing up in a shithole it prepares ya better for life IMO...take the positives out of it at least ya have some good stories..everyone loves a good yarn about pikies

1.Silverbullit + Michael o leary for taoiseach+ president and get rid of all those other wasters in the dail
2. padraig nally for minister for defence

That suggestion alone earns you the right to be taoiseach silverbullit,,you deserve a holiday!!!

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=23227.msg277941#msg277941 date=1272576387]
I'm from a town called carrick on suir , where there are massive families of long term unemployed people ....Its engrained in these people to shun employment in any shape or form,
They were unemployed during the 80's , unemployed during the boom times when jobs were falling off trees, and now the economic downturn has hit, they are still unemployed , and probably will be forever more.
But sure why would they get a job , every time i head for work at 4.15 pm in the afternoon theres a gang of them outside the pub , all laughing ,smoking , and drinking pints all day , running over and back to the bookies ...
And whos's tugboating paying for it , we are .....

The dole for these people,long term unemployed ,should not consist of cash , which can be spent down the boozer, or puffed away on a 40 a day habit .....
but it should be more in the form of vouchers which can be redeemed for the basics , food , electricity , kids uniforms and the like .....
They dont have a job , fair enough , lets support them ... but to a point where they can survive , not indulge their every whim on the taxpayers back ...If they want to enjoy the odd pint and a smoke , let them tugboating earn the right to do it ...
[/quote]

you are dead right there... the same ere... vouchers for food to be spent in your local supervalu tesco etc and not a pub.. they get free houses and reck them to bits and them get a new one... a free tv licence i had to puy for mine... free medical i paid for mine... money to buy books for kids...the list goes on..

WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE BEING ROADE... we are constanly paying out

i know lads there whole life on the scratcher and no intention getting off it... bed half the week and goes drinking all weekend
or look at me i work all week and pay bills and i might have enough for 4 or 5 sat night if i am lucky

The one thing that really needs to change is the attitude of everyone in this country ,

Stop feelin sorry for ourselves and get up and try make something of the place instead of playing the blame game , everyone had a hand in creating this situation so everyone should play a part in getting the country back on its feet ,

For god sake if i had of went around feeling sorry for myself when i got let go in early 2009 i doubt id still have the roof over my head or the car under me arse , i took on every poxy job goin for small money but survived , I was in the Dole office the other day to sign off and heard lads sayin they were offered work but wouldnt get out of bed for any less than €20 an hour while they get the grand total of €196 a week for stayin at home , something is missing in these peoples heads i reckon , or they are just bone lazy and should get nothing at all ,

[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=23227.msg278037#msg278037 date=1272622367]
1.Silverbullit + Michael o leary for taoiseach+ president and get rid of all those other wasters in the dail
2. padraig nally for minister for defence

That suggestion alone earns you the right to be taoiseach silverbullit,,you deserve a holiday!!!
[/quote]

Thank you , its nice to feel appreciated ..... and i do need a holiday
First thing i would change if i got into power , is get rid of the roma gypsie beggars on our streets .. they are in direct violation of the vagrancy act and gardai walk past them as if they arent there , but god forbid they should spot me with my tax out of date by one day .
These little things they can spot from a hundred yards away...

Well ok , all the beggars , but the Roma gypsie ones in clonmel particularly annoy me, cos i see them every day .... been there over 2 years now , and every day they take camp outside the same places , sit there for the day , harassing pasers by , and if its a nice day they'll harangue people sitting outside coffee shops with the empty BB coffee cup ....id love to tell them to get off their arses but id be afraid id be set upon by a crowd of them one night walking home from the pub .

But another thing about this country is that the building boom upset the natural order of things .
Education = opportunities and a chance of a better job , better standard of living .
But during the boom times every kid who was a bit thick and didnt apply himself in school in towns all over ireland , thought to himself ill leave school at 16 get a trade and he was making a grand a week before he was twenty...
They were cock of the walk with their brand new jeep , and an audi in the drive ....
Now the boom is gone and these lads are out of work , with no useful education or abilities that are in demand .
The normal place for people with no education is the bottom rung of the jobs ladder , doing the menial tasks , working in macdonalds type jobs ... but they turn their nose up at such jobs because they are suddenly beneath them ....

[move]i say burn the whole country to the ground , claim on the insurance , and buy a new one !!![/move]

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Att Silverbullitt , are you sure its romanians or the roma gypsies you are refairing to above , think you have missrepresented the romanian people with your comments

Well i don't know or care what nationality the beggars are , they could be from the moon for all i care , but the fact remains that they are here and are an annoyance , and should not be allowed to carry on .
Forcing kids to beg on the streets for a few cent , one of them sat outside a bank in clonmel with the snow around her and a baby in her arms for the whole day . If thats not piss-poor parenting i dont know what is , the poor child must have been freezing .And its not as if they dont have a home to go to , they do , and we are tugboating paying for it .
If its not that, its 12 year olds on every street corner playing a squeeze box .
But its not all bad i suppose , if i ever need a withered rose , or a leopard print cowboy hat at 2am they are always on hand to sell me one.

But in deference to your statement i have amended my previous posts , in case anyone thought i was having a pop at any hard working Romanians .

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=23227.msg278159#msg278159 date=1272647693]
Well i don't know or care what nationality the beggars are , they could be from the moon for all i care , but the fact remains that they are here and are an annoyance , and should not be allowed to carry on .
Forcing kids to beg on the streets for a few cent , one of them sat outside a bank in clonmel with the snow around her and a baby in her arms for the whole day . If thats not piss-poor parenting i dont know what is , the poor child must have been freezing .And its not as if they dont have a home to go to , they do , and we are tugboating paying for it .
If its not that, its 12 year olds on every street corner playing a squeeze box .
But its not all bad i suppose , if i ever need a withered rose , or a leopard print cowboy hat at 2am they are always on hand to sell me one.

But in deference to your statement i have amended my previous posts , in case anyone thought i was having a pop at any hard working Romanians .
[/quote]

It probably wasn't a baby, they use a doll in Drogheda.

Renewable energy!!
How much money would stay in the country if we grew, refined, and produced all our own Bio-Ethinol instead of importing petrol/deisel
Lots of jobs created, and we could maybe export it,

The suggestion to make dole recipients work is great, maybe a couple of days a week for there dole
Lots of work needed in school buildings and grounds, and hosptils and road sides,
Even just sitting and chatting to some poor granny that would otherwise be all by herself,
Just don't pay people like my little sister to sit at home doing fook all!

Take a page out of China's book!
Control the media, The media should be "encouraged" to broadcast more encouraging news,
I do beleive a big part of the countries problem is that everyone is terrified to spend any money, so money is not circulating and revenue is not being generated!!
If everyone knew that the we have bottomed out and the only way is up, then people would start to spend and everyone would benefit!

Realistic good wages for the senior public servants!

Dan

Go to china and see how it is there before you say to take a leaf out of their book dan... That country is not something we want to model ourselves on..

And i don't think its the media's fault that people aren't spending money, people who can budget can spend.. Most people still in work have had to take pay cuts, and face massive increases in tax both from income tax and other tax on petrol etc.. This all means a huge drop in disposable and less money for people to spend.. So the government then goes and increases tax again due to the shortfall in anticipated revenue.. and the circle continues...

Personally think there's nowhere in Ireland thats competitive with the equivelant in the UK... So what little money i have to spend goes to the UK... The very least the government should do is match the UK vat rate and make things more competitive..

bio ethanol is not actually sustainable thats why its not being pushed..you produce more co2 farming the stuff plus it would take up arable land that's needed for food producing thats why governements have abandoned it...renewable energy is wind, tidal and solar.

This idea that your going to make people work for their dole ...what qualified tradesmen?or layabouts what is it?...who going to organise them and frankly I wouldn't want to use any public amenities that weren't built or maintained to the highest standards.

And now you want to take free speech away?

The whole notion of lack consumer spending bringing the economy down is ridiculous who ever told you that is lying to you. Think about it logically how can a country who produce nothing have a self serving consumer economy? the money always flows out of the country...we where riding a wave of false credit and the bankers kept giving it out because you always have to pay them back...and if they don't get paid the government bails them out.
The monetary system as it is globally has to change, we need a system based on contribution not on inheritance and influence.

I've heard lots of complaints in this thread but how many of you are involved in your community in anyway to make it better...the real crime in Ireland is with the boom we did nothing for the people..no facilities for kids...no hospitals...because everybody was busy lining their pockets, buying up 2 and 3 houses..paying fcuk all tax and voting those gangsters back in because "well fcuk it I've more money in my pocket"...importing foreign workforce to do the work we won't do..but as soon as it turns sour its suddenly their fault.
This country was a proud republic built on the notion that Everyman had a right to freedom but Everyman is responsible for his own country in turn.
I quote the declaration of Independence
"The Irish Republic is entitled to, and hereby claims, the allegiance of every Irishman and Irishwoman. The Republic guarantees religious and civil liberty, equal rights and equal opportunities to all its citizens, and declares its resolve to pursue the happiness and prosperity of the whole nation and all of its parts, cherishing all of the children of the nation equally and oblivious of the differences carefully fostered by an alien government, which have divided a minority from the majority in the past."

The republic is DEAD..it's now a bankrupt shopping mall.

Back