how would you fix the country

sti 9029

Petrolheads
in recessionary times theres a lot of giving out done,,bout what would you do to fix it?these are the first 2 things i would do
1. Michael o leary for taoiseach+ president and get rid of all those other wasters in the dail
2. padraig nally for minister for defence

suggestions in here,, :icon_grin:

James Reilly in for health minister so we can sort that out. and we need someone that knows what they're talking about and how to fix the problems!! Was in St. Mary's on Tuesday and it was like walking into a 3rd world country... fooking disgrace!!

Jim Corr for Minister for Foreign Affairs
Sean Fitzpatrick = Minister for Finance
Paul McShane = Minister for defence

reduce the doll to almost nothing!!!
create a load of jobs cleaning streets, removing grafiti etc etc
force people to want to work.... too many of them have it too easy sittin at home livin off the state!!!

if someone doesnt have a job or even a job interview / apply for a job then cut their benefits
Possibly reintroduce compulsory service to the Countrys Armed forces

Get rid of the president (all she does is ambasador work, she has no great role in the country)
get rid of half the councils and have 4 central councils (councils waste millions every year)
improve wages for Nurses, Firemen, Ambulance Drivers etc. (the people that really make a difference in the country)
reduce the wages of government officials to a normal (well paid) saley scale

All contravercial!!!! All would work very very well (IN MY OPINION)

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23227.msg277753#msg277753 date=1272548702]

create a load of jobs cleaning streets, removing grafiti etc etc[/quote]

Or maybe with better education and change in attitude there would be no cleaning needed!

[/quote]

Who do we need defending from? The brits, hoddies?!

All contravercial!!!!
[/quote]

Again, EDUCATION, would sort your spelling... :icon_nana:

HTH

[quote author=nodge link=topic=23227.msg277752#msg277752 date=1272548636]

Paul McShane = Minister for defence
[/quote]

classic

I think the government should invest billions into renewable energy. The debate about oil reserves is well known. If this government was to invest strongly into wind farms, wave energy (we have one of the biggest and probably the windiest coastlines in europe) this would create thousands of jobs and we could produce enough energy to support our own country in the next decade or two. Then we could begin to export this energy. Think about it we could be the next Emirite!!

But instead the government decides to put the money into a failed bank (Anglo), and no matter what they say their reasons are, the real reason I believe is so their mates won't lose out on their shares, or what's left of them..

[/quote]

I didnt know service in the armed forces here was compulsory? :ponder2:

force people to want to work.... too many of them have it too easy sittin at home livin off the state!!!

[/quote]

You know the economy crashed right? 1000's of tradesman, manufactuer workers etc out of work?

if someone doesnt have a job or even a job interview / apply for a job then cut their benefits

jesus mate i dont know what country your living in,but the best of hard working irish men and women are sitting at home,and are scraping not living on the dole
they would do anything to get back to work....how many jobs would there be if the eastern europens went home to there own country,id say aside from the building trades men,most people would be back in work,of the dole,and putting there money back into the irish state,no im not racist,and have no problem with any none national,but the irish have had there eye wipped good and proper,leave the paddys at home on the dole,and let every other nationality do the jobs... :clap: :clap: :clap: fighting irish me hole... :whistle:

I have two proposals ,

Go to every estate in ireland , and have a box packed with Dunnes stores finest tracksuits , and pair of nike air worth more than the average house on said estate , the best of Elizabeth Dukes finest gold jewelry including thick gold rope chains, bracelets , diamond earrings , and sovereign rings , and to top it all a burberry cap , and a copy of katie prices autobiography.
Offer said box to every kenacker that passes on said estate , if they say yes they would like the box and its contents , you swiftly pull out a sawn off and blast them in the face .

In doing so ,you are effectively cutting ire lands crime problem by 90% , the streets would be safe again to walk around at night , no more cars robbed to pay for drugs , no more houses broken into .
The garda force could then be cut , and the money saved poured into the economy , insurance prices would drop due to no claims being made , the country would make money hand over fist

Seeing as we are dealing with every future potential criminal in step one , we need something to do to deal the burgeoning supply of criminals we already have in our prison system .
In short we make Irelands version of "Running Man" .
Every prisoner has to fight for his life in a series of tasks, set in a futuristic battlezone loosely based on the set of Glenroe .The chances of survival are slim , but the money made from broadcasting this to rest of the world would pay off the national debt in 6 months flat .

Then we can all live in a Utopia , and get back to complaining about the weather

Think ya got me wrong lads....
I dont mean the people who had jobs and lost them!!! I mean the thousands of people that live on the doll not job seekers allowances!

The ones you so rightly have said "trades men and the likes who lost their jobs" are not sittin there of their choice!!!!

They should be better looked after than they are being!!!

I'm from a town called carrick on suir , where there are massive families of long term unemployed people ....Its engrained in these people to shun employment in any shape or form,
They were unemployed during the 80's , unemployed during the boom times when jobs were falling off trees, and now the economic downturn has hit, they are still unemployed , and probably will be forever more.
But sure why would they get a job , every time i head for work at 4.15 pm in the afternoon theres a gang of them outside the pub , all laughing ,smoking , and drinking pints all day , running over and back to the bookies ...
And whos's fucking paying for it , we are .....

The dole for these people,long term unemployed ,should not consist of cash , which can be spent down the boozer, or puffed away on a 40 a day habit .....
but it should be more in the form of vouchers which can be redeemed for the basics , food , electricity , kids uniforms and the like .....
They dont have a job , fair enough , lets support them ... but to a point where they can survive , not indulge their every whim on the taxpayers back ...If they want to enjoy the odd pint and a smoke , let them fucking earn the right to do it ...

My only bit to add to this is to get People that are qualified to do the jobs they are given in goverment. Are we the only country to give TDs there positions in Goverment without any of them to have any qualifications to do there jobs. Seems like one big circle of them pr1cks at the top looking after each other.

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=23227.msg277942#msg277942 date=1272576487]
go on boy!!

how's figgarty's and club sheeba doin these days?
[/quote]

to be honest , im 30 years young and havenever set foot in side the door of figgartys , and the less said about club sheba the better , you come for the craic , you leave in stitches

Back