Hello all from Across the Pond in Texas!

Hello RYNO & Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have a great build in your Fozzie :subaru:

Post up some pics, when you get a chance :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Welcome along Ryno,

Wish we had a few oil wells over here, 150miles a day :shock2: Petrol @ €35 /day I would def need a diesel for that kinda mileage :lol:

funny thing....

I guess all of my pics of My Forester are very old and were on another computer.

I can't find them anywhere on any jump drive or my laptop.

I will snap some pics this weekend of the Forester if the weather is right.

Sorry for the delay, on the pics of the Forester, so to make up for it, I did find some pics of my Race -Street driven WRX to tide ya'll over!!!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes everyone!

RYNO

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=23215.msg278007#msg278007 date=1272585322]
Welcome along Ryno,

Wish we had a few oil wells over here, 150miles a day :shock2: Petrol @ €35 /day I would def need a diesel for that kinda mileage :lol:
[/quote]

Fuel is running about $3.00/gallon for 93 octane (best we can get regularly over here), so yes, it is high, but obviously nowhere near the cost of fuel there in Ireland.

You would be amazed and disapointed how many barrels of oil are imported to the USA to support us.... we import too much, questionably from so many other countries. I guess we can import it cheaper than we can drill and process our own on average. Of course this can quickly change into a political discussion as to why and who profits from these ventures, but, since no one on here is likely a Rockefeller or a member of the bilderberg, it is probably not worth speaking about......hahaha.

People here are starting to trim back, and the big vehicles are starting to get much better mileage, but obviously, we are nowhere near the mileage standards of Europe for diesel or Petrol engines. We are also starting to minimize the average vehicle size and small to medium cars are becoming more popular. Currently, diesels are far too emissions restricted here, so there are very few that can pass the emissions standards.

I work in the Natural Gas Industry myself, and I can't wait until we have better technology to package Natural Gas for use in vehicles with a safe and convenient way to utilize this tremendous resource that almost all countries have.

Back