group a / wrc style mirror

[quote author=bevan link=topic=42187.msg484090#msg484090 date=1405546747]
I'd be well up for a group buy if someone had a proper supplier.

Better buy the proper ones than ebay shite. I bought a set off ebay they are dirt didnt even fit them to the car your welcome to them for 20 quid even I can put up pics but trust me they will tear the arse out of a good car.
[/quote]
send me a few pics if ya can.. cheers!!

[quote author=blacktar link=topic=42187.msg483994#msg483994 date=1405465738]
ma9usa7a.jpg

Some thing like this?
[/quote]
nice find!! just a pitty there all the way up in galway and im working :(
idsay they could be well gone judging by the views on the add!!

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=42187.msg484136#msg484136 date=1405601269]
I got some of eBay and there perfect
[/quote]
any info at all on them that might help?? even the name of the buyer/shop ya got them on there??
cheers :thumbsup:

For pig iron I contacted a crowd called rallytech who do genuine WRC carbon parts and asked for a price. They just came back to me this morning...

252.00 pounds sterling EACH with a 3 week turn around :eek7:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=42187.msg484206#msg484206 date=1405676785]
For pig iron I contacted a crowd called rallytech who do genuine WRC carbon parts and asked for a price. They just came back to me this morning...

[/quote]

3 week turnaround would suggest they need to re-tool to produce these? If ordering a number of sets could the setup costs be spread over a group of lads & cost be brought down significantly?

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=42187.msg484212#msg484212 date=1405682813]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=42187.msg484206#msg484206 date=1405676785]

[/quote]

3 week turnaround would suggest they need to re-tool to produce these? If ordering a number of sets could the setup costs be spread over a group of lads & cost be brought down significantly?
[/quote]

I wouldn't assume it to be that much Brian. I agree the more we get the more they'll spread out the setup costs... But they are 600 euro for a pair off these guys and even if we were to get the numbers I reckon they'd still be mad money. I'll ask them though.

How many lads can I assume might want a set if I were to enquire...?

Only saw all the replies now! Are people still interested? Galway Carbon might be worth a shout as they used to make them for EG6 Civic rally cars.

1. Seanie price dependant
2. toyscrota

I would be, I was talking to a crowd from Kilkenny at the ploughing championships, www.aprauctobodys.com that would be willing to mould and remake these, they can do carbon but currently don't due to the cost they suggested hydro-dipping or wrapping. The ones, I have aren't fit to take a mould from they are a crap mould you would need to have access to a lend of a genuine set

I have this style of mirror and honestly can't see anything with them. They look great though.

New list, I have a cheap set of these I bought on ebay, but I wouldn't attempt to mould them they look nothing like the real product. It might be worth looking into borrowing a set off a rally car to mould.

List of people interested

1. Seanie price dependant
2. toyscrota
3. Bevan

@AndyC haha ya i would imagine they are a bit impracticable but as you said look great.

Cheers Bevan. Im not bothered about them being carbon to be honested and I think seanie is on about painting his set the same as the car.
Ill work on getting a set from a rally car. Have a contact in McKinstrys and i think they still have a S5 WRC up there.

These are the ones on my cousins rally car, dont know where they came from. Ill get better pics at the weekend and get yer opinion.

Thats brilliant, even if it's only a few in for the group buy if the quality was half decent I don't mind paying a bit extra for small numbers, once the moulding is made the price drops any way for re makes. Type-ra.co.uk might be a place to advertise it as well see could we get a few together.

had a look at the ones on the car above. Seem good quality not sure where they came from, What ye think? Could be worth copying?
Might try type-ra.co.uk but would rather see interest here first.

Back