EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Novice

Subaru Vs Evo DRAG Event... Would you support it?

• Total voters
Re: EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Novice

thats right gordon, so get your ass in gear and we'll see you there in an hour

Re: EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Novice

hope all goes well for you al !!!!!
doh!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope you all enjoyed the event guys. Here are a few things I'd like to address tho so you know that I'm constantly working on any issues that arise during the day so that we may correct them for future events.

Delays ... very few in number and only due to the occasional breakdown / cars needing towed in. That's all. Nothing to do with the car numbers.

PA was poor ... new system arrived too late for today but will be in action for tomorrow (Sun)

Timing Slips ... the search continues lol! But seriously, very simple and easy to follow system was devised today and will be in action from next event.

Chip Vans ... we ALWAYS have 2 vans. I had finally decided to give a local Bishopscourt guy a go with his van, to keep in with the natives. You know the craic. He let us down today at 10am. Too late to get a replacement. He'll NOT get a 2nd cance to mess us about.

Results display ... our race management software (yet to be used at BC) is SOOOOO comprehensive in its awesomeness that I have as yet wussed out using it in real action for fear of creating complications. Doing it manually is safe but REALLY labour intensive.

You can expect to see the Race America Race Management Software in full steam on 6th Dec.

I hope this addresses any negatives that anyone may have noticed. Thanks for the feedback guys. Always useful. :hammerhead:

[quote author=SWRC Wayne link=topic=9502.msg127368#msg127368 date=1226179140]
Hope you all enjoyed the event guys. Here are a few things I'd like to address tho so you know that I'm constantly working on any issues that arise during the day so that we may correct them for future events.

Delays ... very few in number and only due to the occasional breakdown / cars needing towed in. That's all. Nothing to do with the car numbers.

PA was poor ... new system arrived too late for today but will be in action for tomorrow (Sun)

Timing Slips ... the search continues lol! But seriously, very simple and easy to follow system was devised today and will be in action from next event.

Chip Vans ... we ALWAYS have 2 vans. I had finally decided to give a local Bishopscourt guy a go with his van, to keep in with the natives. You know the craic. He let us down today at 10am. Too late to get a replacement. He'll NOT get a 2nd cance to mess us about.

Results display ... our race management software (yet to be used at BC) is SOOOOO comprehensive in its awesomeness that I have as yet wussed out using it in real action for fear of creating complications. Doing it manually is safe but REALLY labour intensive.

You can expect to see the Race America Race Management Software in full steam on 6th Dec.

I hope this addresses any negatives that anyone may have noticed. Thanks for the feedback guys. Always useful. :hammerhead:

thanks for having us up lad, had a great time on the drag and especially the handling course :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thought it was a great da.Fair play to all involved.

Chip van was a bit of a disaster but food was worth the wait.

Delays - nothing too long.

PA - Could have been an issue with spectators but no problems with competitors.

Timing slips - Chap giving them out was doing his best.I got all mine together at the end. Maybe just get drivers to collect from registeation office when required.

Result display - Again received at the end when i went looking for. Maybe a board outside registeration office updated after a couple of runs

Dont think many people had problems.Anyone i spke to fully enjoyed the day.

I for one will do my best to attend future events..

Just post here and let us kno

Thanks again for a great day

:smokin:

Just wondering were the practice runs timed?

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=9502.msg127568#msg127568 date=1226264639]
[/quote]

pretty sure one off your times brian was a 13.51 if i heard correctly :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=9502.msg127605#msg127605 date=1226271269]
[/quote]

pretty sure one off your times brian was a 13.51 if i heard correctly :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thats not too bad :smokin:

Re: EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Nov

Great day :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Pete for bringing me up and home and big thanks to Brian (Sti Brian), Chris (Chris555) and Jonny (Duffman) for taking me out around the handling course. Great craic :multijump:
I'm still giggling about Jonnys drifting around the top corner :lol:

lads had a ball saturday absolutely cracking day cheers to jp for giving me a ring only for him i would have never met ye as i couldnt find the coachmans.class to see als car sorted as that was one of the highlights of the day for me the things a bloody monster and thanks to brian at one stage up north waiting for me as it was my first time in bishopcourt and would have been lost.thanks to all who made this a great day for me

regards
gordon

No bothers Gordon, my first time there too but I had all the lads phone numbers and an AA map in the door so thought it better to hang back for ya and we could be lost together :lol:

And in fairness to Carlo & Keith they were ringing me to make sure I was still heading in the right direction, cheers boys :thumbsup:

thats not so bad brian you had a better idea where to go than i did once i got off the m1 i was fookin lost only i was with everyone.again much appreciated toi all

cheers
gordon

yeah mee and carlo had our cb's with us so were able to stay in contact with 5door bullet as well so worked out good.

its a good idea to have a cb radio when going places like this and especially in a large convoy as lights, traffis etc gets the convoy broke.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=9502.msg127568#msg127568 date=1226264639]
[/quote]

What was your number Brian.

Got a print out with all the runs on it.

If anyone wants to put p numbers i will fill in times.

Thankfully Al got one aswell cousei think he ended up doing over 50 runs :thumbsup:

:smokin:

I never stuck up my number, but I heard them calling a number into the radio before my run.

It was 0406 - this is a number thats been on my car since I got it, like a garage auction sticker or something so they might have me under that number.

So THAT'S where that damn number came from!!!

I was convinced there had been a mistake between our man on the start line and the operator of the timing gear.

All numbers start with either 1, 2 or 3, depending on what class you are in. Then followed by 3 digits which refer to the number that you signed on at. 001, 002, 003, etc.

Anyhoo, as was widely publicised, this event was about gaining the bragging rights for the overall results of the Evo's & Sub's that competed on the day.
Points would be awarded for the top 8 qualifiers.

1. EVO 4 ... 1049 ... 11.245 @ 131.04 ........ 8 pts
2. EVO 7 ... 1007 ... 11.560 @ 128.16 ........ 7 pts
3. EVO 5 ... 1006 ... 11.916 @ 124.41 ........ 6 pts
4. SUB ...... 1010 ... 11.924 @ 118.37 ........ 5 pts
5. EVO ...... 1050 ... 11.950 @ 117.15 ........ 4 pts
6. SUB ...... 1034 ... 12.412 @ 112.51 ........ 3 pts
7. EVO 5 ... 1005 ... 12.522 @ 113.25 ........ 2 pts
8. SUB ...... 1012 ... 12.614 @ 114.01 ........ 1 pt

This TEAM competition (the main point of the day) was won by ... the EVO's!!!

EVO's 27 pts
SUB's 9 pts

The INDIVIDUAL winner of the finals was in a SUBARU!

Sorry Wayne :lol:

So do you have my 3 run times? I only did the practice session.

C'mon Subaru :subaru:

Re: EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Nov

Ah the Evo's had to gang up on us to win...typical! :lol:

lads whos scoob was that came in 4th place?
cheers

[quote author=xpro link=topic=9502.msg128425#msg128425 date=1226528496]
lads whos scoob was that came in 4th place?
cheers
[/quote]

Same car that crossed the line first in the final!! :subaru:

Back