Dietary Advice

What exercise are you doing at the moment and what is yor diet like?

I'm doing "he'll and back" on June 15 th if you having a goal to work to.

I was gyming it 3 times a week, for about 1hr 15min doing majority weights and some cardio at the beginning, middle and end. That was until I tweaked my back again a couple of weeks ago so I haven't been able to do anything. Back playing football on Thursday now and gym again on Friday to ease back into it.

Diet wise I'm doing well overall, I've consistently lost weight every week for the last 9 weeks. I've made a lot of changes but still struggle at times, more so if I'm not prepared with meals and stuff and need something quick.

One of the lads in work was actually talking about that hell and back, sounds like a bit of craic. Would like to do something like that, will see how I get on and if my back can hold up for a while before I would commit to something like that :thumbsup:

i've been weight training for the last few years, and i have got good results without any supplements. i think they are a waste of time unless you are trying to bulk up. if you want to be toned i think if you have a decent balanced diet high in protein high in fibre and cut out the sh*t and train hard you will get good results. i have 8% body fat and dont watch my diet i just eat decent food and train hard.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=37283.msg427419#msg427419 date=1363166406]
Heroin is great for weight loss.
[/quote]

Not so good for your teeth though :icon_razz:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=37283.msg427422#msg427422 date=1363168920]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=37283.msg427419#msg427419 date=1363166406]
Heroin is great for weight loss.
[/quote]

Not so good for your teeth though :icon_razz:
[/quote]

Grand if your banging up, no so good for your veins but...hard to find a good balance

[quote author=seanie link=topic=37283.msg427412#msg427412 date=1363161038]
i've been weight training for the last few years, and i have got good results without any supplements. i think they are a waste of time unless you are trying to bulk up. if you want to be toned i think if you have a decent balanced diet high in protein high in fibre and cut out the sh*t and train hard you will get good results. i have 8% body fat and dont watch my diet i just eat decent food and train hard.
[/quote]

Thanks Seanie, I don't want to take anything unnecessary but the few supplement that are there will help me. I don't eat fish of any description so hence the omega 3 supplement, the protein will help as its extremely convenient to use either in work or before the gym. The multivitamin I usually take regularly enough anyway as it gives a great boost for the day :thumbsup:

Those are the only 3 I'll be taking regularly as they are also damn expensive!!

IMO Robbie you don't need supplemented proteins. To lose fat, you have to eat fat. You should be able to reach your goals by diet and exercise alone. Only supplements you should need is minerals and vitamins.

In saying that, Casein wont do any harm taken at night, as it'll stop your muscles breaking down in your sleep before your next meal in the morning.

If you're serious about your goals I know someone who will help get you where you want. Your assessment would be in temple bar and then one of the personal trainers works in his other gym in Glasnevin.

http://theabsgym.com/testimonials/

Hi Rob, best of luck. I've been there and done it, as in the last post you don't need loads of crap to lose the weight,just give up all soft drinks and sweets etc. Protein is the way to go I use protein bars with a minimum of 20 g protein. Watch the fat count in most things and avoid anything with diet written on it. Fresh food and meat, meat is pure protein but cut away the fat. Chicken,turkey lean as much as you want.water no more than two litre a day and eat small amounts often,when your hungry not at set times but as a rule every 3-4 hours. Exercise but not to much because your body and muscles have to tighten up otherwise the flab never goes away. Exercise,no sweets, and best of luck. :puke3:

Cheers lads, I'm definitely serious about it, have been losing weight consistently for the last 10 weeks since I started so I'm happy with how things are progressing. I havent been at the gym for 3 weeks now as I hurt my back again but have still managed to lose weight.

I'm all for accepting help but it would have to be of the charitable donations kind as I can't be spending a lot of money on it.

I was going to use protein on gym days and occasionally as a meal substitute so not something I'd be using every day.

I was advised to drink 3 liters of water a day but not reaching that at the moment, mostly due to lack of organisation.

Didnt know about the flab thing but thanks for the advise km, was something I was worried about :thumbsup:

Anyone know anything about diet plans, seems to be plenty on the web but would it be wise to follow any of them? Starting a back rehabilitation program later this week so hoping to get back on track with the diet at the same time.

Hi rob I can do you up a diet plan if you want I have some printed off in work that I could forward you on if you like. There is also a detox drink and a fat burning drink I can give you details in if you want. Or the best thing to do is to cut out the carbs but make sure you increase your protein intake I done it myself a year ago I was 16 and a half stone I'm now down to 76kg and in college now doing a fitness instructors course and run my own fitness classes and also run Miha bodytec southside which uses electric muscle stimulation so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have

That'd be sound john, it'd be fantastic if you could. I was going great but I've done my back in twice this year so far and have started going backwards again. I'm starting a back rehabilitation program now later this week so that's given me some encouragement to get back into it after 5.5 years of back problems.

That's some going, over 25kgs is fantastic, fair play :goodjob: , it'd be great if you could email me those plans and details of those drinks, my email address is robbie.shortall@gmail.com , I think if I can plan ahead with some good options during work, I'll be much better off. Cheers man :thumbsup:

You need to check out Tim Knoakes and his book The Real Meal Revolution. Game changer in regards our nutrition, everyday eating and the shite every nutritionist peddles to us. Also tears apart the nonsense we are being fed everyday with regards our diets and the way we eat. Google Cereal Killers The Movie and have a look at it. Made by an Irish guy called Donal O Neill and it will open your eyes to a lot of stuff. Bottom line with these guys is Don't Fear Fat in your Diet. It's what our bodies are designed to run on.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=37283.msg481387#msg481387 date=1403557372]
Anyone know anything about diet plans, seems to be plenty on the web but would it be wise to follow any of them? Starting a back rehabilitation program later this week so hoping to get back on track with the diet at the same time.
[/quote]

I sympathise with you Rob, I had back problems for a long time, had surgery about 4 weeks ago so just getting back into it now, I'm not going to lift weights again..I find pull ups and dips put no strain on my back, just going to look at bodyweight exercises.

I've never been a fan of diets but this guy strips weight off professional fighters who are all ready lean, and maintains their strength

http://thedolcediet.com/

I found PDF of his diet book on a torrent site

Back