Conor McGregor fight.

[quote author=garethmac600 link=topic=42866.msg491531#msg491531 date=1411931352]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=42866.msg491523#msg491523 date=1411925811]
[quote author=KENC link=topic=42866.msg491512#msg491512 date=1411916318]

I don't agree with the above about the small to the head... I didn't see any great smack that would cause someone at this level to go down like that, I think it was a mental thing tbh as he didn't seem to want to protest too much about it after...

[/quote]
You obviously never been hit there then cos it definetly throws your equilibrium off...directly effects your middle ear and throws you off balance...it won't neccesarily knock you out but will knock you over, that's why Poitier was complaining he didn't want it stopped.
I've seen many fighters get finished by punches to the head, I remember chuck Liddell finished overreem in pride same way...Brock Lesnar stopping randy couture with a glancing blow to the head..you wouldn't say randy couture was a quitter, the furthest thing from one.
[/quote]

totally agree, ive taken these before, n even in sparring where its less intense, these kind of unexpected glances can totaly throw you off, n ruin ur composure
[/quote]
And that's with 12oz gloves, try getting hit with mma gloves.

clip to the back of the head Ciaran, total knocks your equilibrium out,
would hurt the ufc too much to be caught for match fixing, no logical reasoning for them to do it, ufc has a big enough fan base as is, they dont need to drag a small percentage in who are going to keep waching if mcgregor keeps winning, probably alot more texacans and americans would have been glued to the ufc if Dustin had won.

IMHO fair fight, no match fixing here, he got unlucky taking that clip, but thats how fighting goes,

''everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' ~ Mike Tyson ;)

Back