Conor McGregor fight.

He either has a great business head himself or someone in the background is giving him great advice...

If he wins tonight, which I think he will... It's going to be hard to not see him getting a title shot at Xmas...

He is arrogant, but it's all a game... You can be quite and get no where or be loud and make money quick... The thing I like about him is he doesn't hide this... Like he said he is climbing the money tree like a chimpanzee lol..

He is bang on the mark what he said about the title fight... It's down to whoever will draw in the biggest crowd and viewers..... The yanks hate him lol... Think they find it hard to stomach someone that is loud like them but from a small country....

I really hope he can do it.

What time is it all kicking off at our time?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=42866.msg491403#msg491403 date=1411851520]
He either has a great business head himself or someone in the background is giving him great advice...

If he wins tonight, which I think he will... It's going to be hard to not see him getting a title shot at Xmas...

He is arrogant, but it's all a game... You can be quite and get no where or be loud and make money quick... The thing I like about him is he doesn't hide this... Like he said he is climbing the money tree like a chimpanzee lol..

He is bang on the mark what he said about the title fight... It's down to whoever will draw in the biggest crowd and viewers..... The yanks hate him lol... Think they find it hard to stomach someone that is loud like them but from a small country....

I really hope he can do it.

What time is it all kicking off at our time?
[/quote]

That's it. Gets "extra time" with Dana white. I think he has the cop on to know that all he is to Dana White is a pocket liner as a few before him have been but he's making sure to line his own pockets aswell and fair play to him!

Sounds American to the Irish and sounds Irish to the Americans! His mouth is only slightly bigger than his ability and what some see as cocky I see as confidence in himself.

Maybe someday he'll have his arse handed to him but ATM he works his bollox off training so he has every right to be loud and proud!

kicking off at 3:30am i think at this rate, whiskey is keeping me up at this stage, looking at the prelims. He can talk soe shite, arrogant fella but so far he is backing it up! Hopefully he does it again tonight, if not it will be interesting to see how his tone changes.

Cruz just made his come back for sure!

Jesus that was quick...
I'm still trying to see what smack put him down?

Didn't look to have much impact... Maybe he had money on the 1st round knockout too :)

Left hook to the back of the head stunned him, n after that it was game over, as usual excellent composure and focus from the lad, a well deserved win, knew hed do it, had 50bob down on the first round knockout :leggy2

I didn't think he connected with anything substantial, and thought he only grazed the back of his head. May look at it again.. I know he got the win but it wasn't a great fight to look at all 1.46 of it

Very glancing punch alright. Fix or Poirier just didn't want to be there. Interesting to see how he'll fare out with a fighter who's hungry and can even take McGregor the distance through the rounds and wear him down.

Prorier was hungry for it! His last fight everyone said the next fight against proirier will be the real test, now that's come n gone n people are saying the next one will be the real test, how many will it take? When he has a world title will ye be saying he has to defend it to prove himself? :falldownlaugh: as a Thai boxer i can speak from experience, a punch to the back of the head, even a light one, can be very disorientating if your not expecting it, proiriers reaction was to duck n cover, mc Gregor capitalised on that, that's all there is to it, no fixing here in my opinion,
as for the length of the match, its disapointing, especially if you've paid for it, but from his own point of view makes for a much better win streak.

He hit him with a crisp left 15 seconds before which did the damage. You can easily go down being hit on the back of the head that's why its an illegal blow!
Fighters do find a way out but Poirier was knocked out.
Brando looked for a way out he wasn't genuinely knocked out you could see him waiting on the punch that finished him, that was a joke and no one picked up on that cos it was Dublin and the hype train was in full flow.
Besides that the UFC has way to much to lose by fixing fights, imagine the fall out from that? Their business would crumble it would be just seen as a WWE farce. I don't particularly like Dana white and the UFC I think they've monopolised the market and stagnated it, but why would they fix fights? The potential to make money from McGregor is no way near the potential for loss of brand image if fight fixing was discovered. They will hand pick opponents for him and keep him away from durable wrestlers or fighter with knockout power cos he does get tagged.

I can't wait to seen him against a better opponent, It's in no way that I want to see him get beat, I want to see him fight, I would love to see a last round finisher by him, just so I get to see more of him fight..

I don't agree with the above about the small to the head... I didn't see any great smack that would cause someone at this level to go down like that, I think it was a mental thing tbh as he didn't seem to want to protest too much about it after...

I have to say Mcgregor is the first real fighter I have seen to use the UFC to his gain rather than the opposite way around
Roll on the next opponent

[quote author=KENC link=topic=42866.msg491512#msg491512 date=1411916318]

I don't agree with the above about the small to the head... I didn't see any great smack that would cause someone at this level to go down like that, I think it was a mental thing tbh as he didn't seem to want to protest too much about it after...

[/quote]
You obviously never been hit there then cos it definetly throws your equilibrium off...directly effects your middle ear and throws you off balance...it won't neccesarily knock you out but will knock you over, that's why Poitier was complaining he didn't want it stopped.
I've seen many fighters get finished by punches to the head, I remember chuck Liddell finished overreem in pride same way...Brock Lesnar stopping randy couture with a glancing blow to the head..you wouldn't say randy couture was a quitter, the furthest thing from one.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=42866.msg491523#msg491523 date=1411925811]
[quote author=KENC link=topic=42866.msg491512#msg491512 date=1411916318]

[/quote]
You obviously never been hit there then cos it definetly throws your equilibrium off...directly effects your middle ear and throws you off balance...it won't neccesarily knock you out but will knock you over, that's why Poitier was complaining he didn't want it stopped.
I've seen many fighters get finished by punches to the head, I remember chuck Liddell finished overreem in pride same way...Brock Lesnar stopping randy couture with a glancing blow to the head..you wouldn't say randy couture was a quitter, the furthest thing from one.
[/quote]

totally agree, ive taken these before, n even in sparring where its less intense, these kind of unexpected glances can totaly throw you off, n ruin ur composure

Back