Clampdown on Modified exhausts

Load of tripe me thinks....

I'll change it when the fines and court appearance notices come flowing in.

Scare mongoring, and luring votes from grumpy cnuts who have nothing better to do than moan about noise.

Sure what are the grumpy auld codgers moaning about. Most of them are deaf anyway

Surely their jocks full off poop is a bigger problem than noise pollution....!!!!

(I know which I'd prefer)

this is all bullsh1t the courts would never hear any serious cases with the amount of *boy racers* that will be there every week :angry:

MTM make exhausts that have a valve system inside them that allows you to choose when and how loud you'd like your soundtrack. There are other systems that have the valves inside them but they are are set to open at something like 4,000 rpms which is fair enough. I'd say we'll begin to see a lot more of these types of exhausts on the market next year but for the moment the baffles works well so I dont see any reason to worry about this new legislation.

Also, bearing in mind that Ireland is constantly being fines for breaches of European Water Pollution Directives it seems very unlikely they will be any more effective in policing a Noise Pollution Act (whenever they actually get around to introducing one).

Frawls

what about working vehicles that are louder, that would cost too much to the man. Petrol heads are easy targets for these gimps, as far as they are concerned we are the cause of all deaths, accidents & nastiness on the roads. If you stand up for yourself they go to town on ya, a judge made a langer of me before for arguing a genuine point cause he didnt give a ruck. road tax is the biggest wind up since the poll tax across the uisce, parts of cork might as well be ploughed as tarred.  have a good weekend lads, my rant is over. peace out Napoleon :thumbsup:

are they banning all big exhausts or can you still have a big exhaust once it is not above 98db ????????

Id imagine once your at the legel limit not much can be done. Ill be suprised if its well enforced, Ill just get a centre section with a high flow metal cat and that will reduce the noise down enough without losing a load of power. Ive one in a BPM 3 Inch centre section and it dident zap power and it pased the NCT without having to take the downpipe off  ;) Link Below.

http://www.metalcat.com.au/

I'd love to get a drive by goin to organise everyone with a loud exhaust to drive by government buildings and rev the bejolox outa their engines and object to this fooked up rule. Noise pollution my ballux, :shock: :shock: :shock:

A lot of jap imports come with an exhaust silenceing gate on them.. has any one seen these, i had a silvia with an apexi exhaust system on it and it had it, its like a throttle body on exhaust system with a metal cable running into the car with what looks like an old style choke lever on it, you pull the cable and it closes the gate making the exhaust silent but only driveable at low revs you release the cable gate opens and ypu have the noise agian, wud love to c a cops reaction as you pass by and he cant hear his ears but wen he pulls you over and you have the cable pulled and hidden its as quite as a maggot fart :ponder: :ponder:

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=3532.msg36483#msg36483 date=1189608273]
its up to each Member State to introduce legislation to ensure EU wide noise limits are followed and enforced.[/quote]

The world has to be quiet incase we wake up the martians and they attack us with there death rays and tenticals

Kanye the bung is located in the tail-pipe-usually held in place with one screw-i'm sure you would have seen it if there was one fitted

Back