cb radio and antenna

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14751.msg184924#msg184924 date=1241964865]
I think its just myself, Pete & Sweetcakes that have our names on the list & are going to japfest.
[/quote]

Getting forgetfull in your old age brian,

Im goin to ha ha.

@ northdublin
The 1st set are UNIDEN and model num PMR885-2GKHS
and the other set are COBRA Micro talk Model num LI 7200 (got this set in the states, so many functions and I only know how to turn them on)

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=14751.msg184956#msg184956 date=1241975611]

Im goin to ha ha.
[/quote]

Sorry Tony, I just scrolled up to find a list to compare names & used the last one that Matt copied & you weren't on at that stage :icon_redface:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14751.msg185130#msg185130 date=1242022799]
[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=14751.msg184956#msg184956 date=1241975611]

Im goin to ha ha.
[/quote]

Sorry Tony, I just scrolled up to find a list to compare names & used the last one that Matt copied & you weren't on at that stage :icon_redface:
[/quote]

no bother im only messing man :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=14751.msg184974#msg184974 date=1241978255]
Im not in any hurry for mine as im not going to japfest :icon_cry: Deffo next year.
[/quote]

me the same!!!!
defo next year!!!
:angry1: :angry1:

[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=14751.msg184971#msg184971 date=1241977795]
@ northdublin
The 1st set are UNIDEN and model num PMR885-2GKHS
and the other set are COBRA Micro talk Model num LI 7200 (got this set in the states, so many functions and I only know how to turn them on)
[/quote]

after havin a quick scan on the net the reason why all 4 radios dont work together casue they are on 2 separate bands. the uniden are probably on our normal pmr 446 band which as it says is on 446 megahertz. the cobras are more then likely on gmrs which is the us version of our pmr 446 band but is on 462 or 467. i would have to see the spec sheet for the radios to be sure or put them on a frequency counter to detemine what band they are on.

Another update, got a phone call from the guy in the uk, the radios were shipped today and he said at the most it would be 3 days. if they come in on thursday and i hope they do ill be meeting up with jp type ra,he will bring the radios down to those who need them for jap fest....fair play to him for that :thumbsup:
im getting them delivered to my job so i dont miss the courier. i hope it all goes to plan but if not they will be here for ye when you get back. :xmas_cheers:

would this antenna set up be any good :ponder2:

Attachments

• antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6
  • antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
  • antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
  • antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
  • antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
    antenna-car-1-lrg.jpg
[quote author=Pete link=topic=14751.msg185834#msg185834 date=1242247861]
would this antenna set up be any good :ponder2:
[/quote]
Thats the mobile NASA communication vehicle! Picks up the space station station perfectly!! :lol:

allrighty lads..the radios came today....pheewwww and in time for japfest :653: :653: :653: :653: :653:
after drivin around blanch like a thick for ages i got me hands on the cigarette lighter adaptors which unfortunitley didnt come with the radio.
so this evening i got 9 out of the 10 soldererd onto the leads and are ready to rock.
the japfest list goes as follows
sti brian
mick spec c
pete
turbo tony
sweetcakes c/o keith.
the radios simply plug into the cars cigarette lighter plug and the volume knob switches on the radio. you then collectivly select a channel choose either am or fm and talk away.
with regards to the antenna, the bootlid is ideal as the cable can be fed from the boot trough the back seats and under the front seats to the glove box . the whip of the antenna can be unscrewed from the base when not in use and put into the boot .
i have programmed each radio to the eu spec, i would advise in a convoy to pick a channel ie ch 10 and switch the radio to fm with the auto squelch on. the auto squelch is on when the squelch know is turned anti clockwise till you hear a click and the letter A appears on the display. the auto squelch will keep the static noise out while letting the voice audio trough. some members who have cbs allready might only have am, if this is the case all the radios will have to be switched to am if they are to join in the conversation. this is the reason why i got radios that can switch to both am and fm.

any questions or problems ring me........at any time ....
ps i would advise you put something like a piece if j cloth under the magmount, it has a rubber boot but just as a cautionary mesure

Eh yeah, that all makes sense :icon_eyes:

I'm sure someone will help me in the morning :whistle:

Cheers again Mick for organising this, karma on the way :thumbsup:

[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=14751.msg186102#msg186102 date=1242337980]
Yipeee :multijump:
[/quote]

Thats a big 10-4 good buddy :icon_grin:

fair play to all the members that took part in this buy and thanks for the oppertunity to get ye all sorted. i have copys of the receipt for those that want it and the final cost of the radios in euros was E81.78 and add the cost of the cigaretter adaptor brings it up to about 85 euro. originally i used an online currency converter which was slightly differant to the one calculated by paypal. also anyone thinking of repeating this or any other group buy should take into account that the person receiving the money gets charged a percentage of what is transfered into their account, i think this is why a lot of ppl like to send money by paypal but dont like to receive it by paypal.

Back