Boost hose replacement on B4

Is that the only restrictor pill in any of the hoses? Really think i need to do this soon! Finding time proving to be difficult!
Did you get your hoses of ebay aswell?

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=24747.msg321745#msg321745 date=1289064867]
Did you put the restirctor pill from hose number 2 in? When I did mine I forgot that :hammerhead: and it ran crap, barely made boost, but when I put the pill in it was boosting great, no hesitation now when I put the foot down :icon_biggrin:
[/quote]

Yeah everything was put in the way it was in the original box.

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=24747.msg321789#msg321789 date=1289078204]
Is that the only restrictor pill in any of the hoses? Really think i need to do this soon! Finding time proving to be difficult!
Did you get your hoses of ebay aswell?
[/quote]

Yeah its the only one in the solenoid box, there's another one in hose 23 but thats on one of the turbos :thumbsup:

@Mark thats a bit strange, at least you know you don't need to change them :thumbsup:

does anyone have any pics?
heres mine. im not sure if they are correctly put in or not..
04112010126.jpg

04112010128.jpg

04112010127.jpg

John thats the boost solenoid, and by the looks of it you need a new one or second hand, those plastic pipes can be very brittle hence why it was glued on!! There's a few links further back that will give you all the details you need to take out the box and where the restrictor pills are :thumbsup: Where are you living?if you need any help I'll see what i can do :thumbsup:

hi dude, i live in carlow. but before i drive it ill need a rad first LOL. mine got bunched last night. :(

Johno
If you organise a replacement from Dublin I can bring it down that way for ya!!!
I'm up and down everyday n e way

Most pipes are numbered. If you need to you can call me and ill run through them with you. I work nights so not after 8pm 087-6854341

Myself and Dagnut cleaned mine with carb cleaner about a year ago,Well mostly dave done it being honest.... and mad a huge difference, I'm Replacing mine now this year with the 3mm hoses, just too see if there is a difference in the smaller diameter pipe, Should be at it next friday when back in eire, Will let ye know how i get on. Also going doing the rest of the pipes in the enginebay,
John

make sure you remember the restrictor in line 23 on the turbo to acutator t-piece and the one that T's off the thick BOV to manifold pipe! other wise you will have a post up im sure saying something along the lines of "help i have no boost" :thumbsup:

Back