Boost hose replacement on B4

cheers Jay, that could make sense alright... :doh: ... I spoke with nutbeam on UKlegacy and he says he uses 3mm tubing, think i'll stick with the standard 4mm though :thumbsup:

How much was the HKS tubing? And does it have HKS printed on it?

ye it does sweetcakes, i thinking about getting one off him but mondering will it affect my map. Heads wrecked about it all, wish i never touched it!! anyway Im gonna decide in the next few hours if im putting the origionals back on, probably will. I didnt clean anything really though just changed hoses. It says HKS high quality silicone hose on them and they are blue. If i decide to go back you can have them for what i paid if ya like i'll show you the reciept. 4mm already cut to size with some spare, 6mm is just over 6 foot paid 54 for all inc delivery

Jay, as per call have a look at this topic regarding the restrictor. Read through it, it also mentions restricter in the Solinoid Box (P2).

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100890&st=20

This topic gives you step by step in removing and replacing the Solinoid box.

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100527

This topic is for buying a fully siliconed solinoid box for the B4. I also bought an earthing kit and the total cost (including £50 deposit) was £135

£135 - £50 - £20 = Should be £65 for the box including delivery.

Give us a call if you want a look at mine later.

Regards
Alan.

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100574

Ouch, sounds like expensive stuff for the HKS :eek7:

Good stuff alan, some really helpful info there :thumbsup:

Gonna hit ebay now and buy me some new hose :icon_grin:

nice al ive been in touch with him about them.

WARNING in line 2 inside your solenoid box is a small ball bearing thing that restricts the airflow. The chaps name is nutbeam and he reckons that is what ive done wrong so i have put the origional line 2 back and leaving battery unatached for an hour to reset the ecu them 10 miles driving without boost or it will limit itself when relearning i was told. I dont know how the others by passed that problem but it stretched out my primary turbo and vod but when secondary kicked in i nearl got whiplash but i want my low rev power back :pray: :pray: :pray:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24747.msg306339#msg306339 date=1282742138]

[/quote]

Of go to halfrods and buy carb cleaner for 2.50

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=24747.msg306345#msg306345 date=1282743403]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24747.msg306339#msg306339 date=1282742138]

[/quote]

Of go to halfrods and buy carb cleaner for 2.50
[/quote]

I think I'd prefer to make them blue... It'll give me something to do :smile:

Well that sorted it so sweetcakes dont touch hose 2 unless you can get that valve out and have same pressure etc. Mine are blue by the way and 50 was a lot but needed two packs of 4mm @12.70 sterling and the 6mm was 16.00 sterling plus 4 for next day delivery makes 45 into euro makes 55 euro. were the other lads gettin postage free from ebay? plus if i dont want the 6 mm i can send back no cost to me! anyway changing hoses 2 hours, alot more if your cleaning the solenoids. Good luck with it GLAD IM FINISHED WITH IT

Just an update on this-it seems that 3mm I.D. hoses are the way to go lads,re-doing mine tomorrow with 3mm-will post when done.

[quote author=JAYB4 link=topic=24747.msg306340#msg306340 date=1282742420]
nice al ive been in touch with him about them.

WARNING in line 2 inside your solenoid box is a small ball bearing thing that restricts the airflow. The chaps name is nutbeam and he reckons that is what ive done wrong so i have put the origional line 2 back and leaving battery unatached for an hour to reset the ecu them 10 miles driving without boost or it will limit itself when relearning i was told. I dont know how the others by passed that problem but it stretched out my primary turbo and vod but when secondary kicked in i nearl got whiplash but i want my low rev power back :pray: :pray: :pray:
[/quote]

Same problem, I Have hose 2 put back in and ecu reset and the car is still acting up, no check engine light coming on either, is there any chance the cheap eBay vacuum line is collapsing under vacuum? It seems very soft pipe ?

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=24747.msg310227#msg310227 date=1284070754]
I do not advise the above.

[/quote]

Why's that Dave? There's loads a lads who've done this and it's improved flow and boost. I would add the caviat - only do it if you know what your doing'! I got one off UK legacy as I didn't want to start messing with the system, and my cars boosting much better, VOD has even reduced slightly.

@B4Soon - Did you replace the hoses with 3mm piping? Did you notice any difference between the 3 and 4mm hosing?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24747.msg310344#msg310344 date=1284118808]
@B4Soon - Did you replace the hoses with 3mm piping? Did you notice any difference between the 3 and 4mm hosing?
[/quote]

I'm halfway through the rest of the engine bay hoses at the moment-will update when done.

Just finished this yesterday, the change is unreal, car feels so much sharper, there was a serious amount of gunk in some of the lines, gonna do all the hoses soon enough, would well recommend this to any of the BE5 Legacy lads :thumbsup:

I done it on a spare solenoid box I had, stuck it in the car and it ran like a dog straight from the off so the originals are back in now.

Did you put the restirctor pill from hose number 2 in? When I did mine I forgot that :hammerhead: and it ran crap, barely made boost, but when I put the pill in it was boosting great, no hesitation now when I put the foot down :icon_biggrin:

Back