Boost hose replacement on B4

:thumbsup: fair play B4 soon Im waiting for my hoses from e-bay and will try to replace them aswell! :thumbsup:

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=24747.msg302475#msg302475 date=1281452726]
would it be the same process for the BL5 Legacy? Or is it just for your twin turbo setup?
[/quote]

Your car wouldnt have one as its single turbo :thumbsup:

@Adjay-I'd stick with standard diameter 4mm if i were you.For the sake of a tenner or so its not exactly expensive.

@dontommy-if youre handy with the spanners go for it but if not I wouldnt advise it-a lot of stuff could very easily go wrong on you.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=24747.msg302464#msg302464 date=1281450461]
The box is easy to take off,4 bolts and wiring loom to plug out. And one boost pipe that goes to the wing. I used 4mm hose as thats the standard diameter. @dagnut-I didnt label them as I took loads of before and after pics in case I got one hose wrong. And I did them strictly one by one so no confusion.

@Mark Cahill-I ordered the hose from Ebay. 6m but I also did some of the engine bay pipework. You'll need 3m+ for the solenoid box alone. Cost me £7.99!
[/quote]

Yeah fair play, great idea would probably take just as long to clean them.

Did mine last night. Took the lazy option and ordered a box from UKlegacy. Didn't actually realise how badly the car was performing before changing the pipework. Boost was lazy, was very laggy when coming on and off boost (could actually hear the change when boost finally kicked in at times).

Now is a different story. Car is so much better to drive. Boost has significiantly improved, VOD has reduced, and lag has much decreased.

I'd recommend this little mod to anyone. Plus for a novice only took me 15 mins to swap the boxes in and out.

Alan.

Did mine last night. Now the boost is a lot smoother, the VOD has droped a bit and code 66 is gone.
Will be pleasure driving tomorrow to Punchestown. :653:

Before

020208340.jpg

After

020208342.jpg

How long did it take you to do it lads?

Had to blow the cobwebs out of my car last night, it was acting up a bit after laying up for a couple of months.. boost dropped and stayed rather than shooting back up like it did before... It did get better and better as I continued to drive the stones out of it but may give this a go, just to refresh everything :smile:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24747.msg305617#msg305617 date=1282551048]
How long did it take you to do it lads?

Had to blow the cobwebs out of my car last night, it was acting up a bit after laying up for a couple of months.. boost dropped and stayed rather than shooting back up like it did before... It did get better and better as I continued to drive the stones out of it but may give this a go, just to refresh everything :smile:
[/quote]

Took me about 2 hours start to finish.

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=24747.msg305861#msg305861 date=1282595333]
how much is a complete box form uklegacy .....???
[/quote]

All the info is on there in the for sale section. I think its about 60 pounds and your solenoid box in return. Deposit also required until you send your box to him.

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=24747.msg305861#msg305861 date=1282595333]
how much is a complete box form uklegacy .....???
[/quote]

I asked few weeks ago and this was the answer:

well ill tell ya dude. i asked yesterday! its £45 for the box £19 for postage to ireland and £50 deposit on your old box (refunded when Roy gets yours back)
so £114

I don,t think is worth waiting and hassle. it cost me £10 for the hose and 20mins to do mine.

Can you post links of where you bought the silicone hose? I can't find it that cheap yet through my searching.. Was it 4mm internal diameter with a 2mm wall, 8mm outside diameter?

nice job on the hosework lads. cleaned mine out last year along with the hoses going to the back of the inlet manifold under the intercooler. noticed a smoother boost and less vod so worth doing just for the sake of general maintenance. might be worth doin a group buy for the hose as ill be looking for some soon and im sure other lads will too.

guys i changed my hoses last night to HKS super silicone hoses. lost most primary turbo boost and but secondary stronger. then all of a sudden lost power in fourth and check engine light came on. anybody around Newlands cross can let me see their box to compare and see if i made a mistake? Tea and sambo's provided!!

Does anyone have a definitive diagram stating that the boost pipes are 4mm ID?? I measured one of mine last night and it's 5mm ID..

nice1 Alan give me a call when your free on 0860302332. thanks. did you get a reconditioned box ye? do you remember which trader it was?

@ sweetcakes. i asked pd tuning for the hose and got 4mm and 6mm for outside i think. I thought they looked 5 mm when i took the origionals off but put that down to bein stretched around the valve maybe??? The 4mm hks hose's i got fit perfect but Dave sti has told me that some of the tubes narrow in places so im going through mine now to check.

Back