Bio ethanol and unleaded mix

30% of ethanol? or of E85?
be careful with AFR - myself I wouldn't go further - I'd rather use mix 20% of ethanol and bottle or half of octane booster

My curiosity is slated now. I filled up with unleaded and put a bottle of NF in with it. Like every one else here I still think the best option is to get my ECU remapped which I will do. I just wanted to try a different option

kbox fair play to you for trying, imho though the remap is the best way to go for now with whats available right now, i think you'll be plenty happy with the result too, :thumbsup:

cheers,james

Dont be fooled into thinking that,just because you get your car remapped for 95ron and booster that its 100% safe :noway:
tractorman remap= rebuild
gt performance =rebuild
john M = rebuild

Im not saying it all down to the remap,but its pushing the boundaries
all within 6-12 months of remap using Lucas octane booster. :dunno:
With gettin extra performance out of your car,your at risk.
Alan

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=2931.msg28557#msg28557 date=1184794479]
Dont be fooled into thinking that,just because you get your car remapped for 95ron and booster that its 100% safe :noway:
tractorman remap= rebuild
gt performance =rebuild
john M = rebuild

Im not saying it all down to the remap,but its pushing the boundaries
all within 6-12 months of remap using Lucas octane booster. :dunno:
With  gettin extra performance out of your car,your at risk.
Alan
[/quote]

I agree Alan just because you get a remap your not going to be 100% safe as we all know sh*t happens. BUT and although it could be said im bias  :D But being 100% honest I wouldent put it down to mapping first, esp when you consider Andy Forrest's Experience who mapped them all.  Bearings are just crap  ;), id blame a handfull of other reasons first. There's a massive amount of scoobs out there that have had failures and rebuilds and the scale is 10 - 1 in favor of cars that have not been mapped, in fact its prob alot more then 10 - 1. As an example in month or so Ive come accross around 10 failures and not one of them had been mapped. Out of about 60ish cars that have been mapped Im 95% sure you guys are the only 2. Im trying to think of another but cant  :ponder: I say 2 because GT was pushing the boundries a bit and was running a 20g at 1.5bar of boost on a standard 95 wrx bottom end which ended up with him melting a piston. He asked spacifcly for 1.5 bar or as close to IIRC and happy to do so. But yourself and John where not pushing the boundries at all and where both on orginal turbo's I think.

If you take my car for example which got mapped sept 2005 Standard UK bottom end with a few mods and larger turbo at 1.3 bar and 60 thousand on the clock with a few trackdays a bit of drag racing and got driven and it never missed a beat. It was still going strong when the engine came out of the car a couple months ago with 125 thousand miles on the clock so thats a fair bit of mapped mileage. By getting the Jap cars mapped your DRASTICTLY reducing the chance of doing damage and facing a big bill.

Damo

id have ta agree with damo there.no car is ever 100% safe but mapping is by far the safest way forward (at this moment and time)

@ Rudeboy. Sorry I should have said I was using E85 with unleaded. So I would have been using 25% ethanol in my tank.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2931.msg28492#msg28492 date=1184757860]

What are you working it out at again without Lucas ?
[/quote]

What the octane is? Im not sure really, higher than 95..

I would get a remap if i had a programable ecu, i think im going to start tyring to sell the car in a few weeks when i get the nct so i dont think it would be worth spending a grand that i dont really have on a remap.

Back